PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play certain songs at certain times of the year?

RAM BAM
12-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Christmas aside, does anyone out there like to play certain songs or
albums at certain times of the year?

For example, I will only play the Cocteau Twins album "Victorialand" in
the wintertime. Kind of a tradition thing.

raphael_is_cool
12-21-2008, 05:59 AM
I usually break out the ska during the summer and the whole two days of sunshine we get here.

RAM BAM
12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
I always dig the Specials - "Ghost Town". One of my faves!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
12-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Swedish pop group Gyllene tider shall definatley be listened to in summertime. Many songs are about summer.

A little *too* Raph
01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I also break out some ska in the summertime. Dave Matthews is also good summer music. I tend to listen to edgier stuff in the winter.

KROW
01-03-2009, 05:45 AM
I find myself putting on Type O Negative's October Rust album during the autumn season. Also, about 10 years ago, I got Metallica's Reload for Christmas, so once in a while I'll put on some songs from that album during the holidays up until February.

Hannah
01-03-2009, 11:49 AM
I've got to go awaaaay
BUT BABY IZ COLD OUT DERE

every day of every winter

Wingnut
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I always accompany my 4th of July explosions with "Mighty Wings" from the Top Gun soundtrack.

Guitar_Raph
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Before moving to Dallas from Houston, I always had trip music (on cassette) to play along the way to Dallas along I-45 & other highwys.

I-45
CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU: Heard this on the radio twice going into Conroe. So it's been tradition to play that Frankie Valli tune.

MMMBOP: When nearing Huntsville, we always pass by the Sam Houston statue to that Hanson tune.

FINGERPRINTS: Scott Baio tune played @ Huntsville in honor of the Texas state prison. A cop has to get a prisoner's fingerprints.

YOU CAN'T ROLLERSKATE IN A BUFFALO HERD: Roger Miller tune going into the small town of Buffalo, TX (LOL).

TORN BETWEEN TWO LOVERS: Mary MacGregor song played when reaching Corsicana, TX.

There are other songs I'd like to list, but it's too long.

SassyGal
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
My sister and I usually pull out the original cast recording of The Phantom of the Opera around Christmas...I got the cassette for Christmas one year so we always try to make it a point to listen to it at least once during the Christmas season.

I also enjoy the tradition of playing I Smell Winter by The Housemartins during the first snowfall. It's a little thing Ram Bam introduced me to when we started dating :)

RAM BAM
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Before moving to Dallas from Houston, I always had trip music (on cassette) to play along the way to Dallas along I-45 & other highwys.

I-45
CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU: Heard this on the radio twice going into Conroe. So it's been tradition to play that Frankie Valli tune.

MMMBOP: When nearing Huntsville, we always pass by the Sam Houston statue to that Hanson tune.

FINGERPRINTS: Scott Baio tune played @ Huntsville in honor of the Texas state prison. A cop has to get a prisoner's fingerprints.

YOU CAN'T ROLLERSKATE IN A BUFFALO HERD: Roger Miller tune going into the small town of Buffalo, TX (LOL).

TORN BETWEEN TWO LOVERS: Mary MacGreor song played when reaching Corsicana, TX.

There are other songs I'd like to list, but it's too long.

That's a great idea for another thread - Tunes you like to play whilst
on certain highways. I don't want to go too off topic, but I love
listening to Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence while on the 401 going
into Toronto, Ontario (That's the first time I heard that song on the radio).

Guitar_Raph
01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
That's a great idea for another thread - Tunes you like to play whilst
on certain highways.

Sorry I misunderstood the topic.

Usually, I would play a CD to honor someone's birthday. For example.

JANUARY 23; Tony Lucca, APRIL 20; Joey Lawrence, JUNE 13; Jamie Walters, etc.