PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a spare $3.5 mil to buy Kevin's house?

Venom
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Not sure exactly where to put this. but it seems Kevin's trying to sell his house. (http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/printedition/la-hmw-hotpropeastman9-2008dec09,0,3260688.story)

Ninja Turtles creator Kevin Eastman drops price of his Beverly Hills view home to $3,495,000

By Ann Brenoff

December 9, 2008

First, there were John, Paul, George and Ringo. Then came Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello -- the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles created by Kevin Eastman. We can argue all day about which quartet will ultimately have the deepest impact on pop culture, but for now, Eastman has a house to sell.

The mastermind behind the concept of having four turtle mutants battle evil megalomaniacs from their home in a Manhattan sewer just lowered the price of his view home in Beverly Hills to $3,495,000 from $3,995,000. It's been on the market since August.

The five-bedroom, six-bathroom Mediterranean-style home has 5,458 square feet and is in a guard-gated community. The villa sits on a double lot. In addition to the main house, there is a pool, spa, poolhouse (or guesthouse) and an additional detached structure that can be used as a studio, office or gym. The main house has high ceilings, hardwood floors and an attached garage.

Eastman's Ninja Turtles originated in a comic book that quickly became one of the most popular comics of the early 1980s. Toy figurines and a TV series followed, and at the height of Turtlemania, there were images on toothbrushes, backpacks, Pez dispensers and seemingly everything else.

Michael Eisenberg of Keller Williams Realty, Beverly Hills, has the listing, according to the Multiple Listing Service.

Type 97 Chi-ha
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
The sad part is that even in the best of times, homes like these are extremely difficult to sell. :(

OA
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Why difficult? People who could afford a home like that before the economic downturn can still afford to buy it. Its those of us in the much lower tax brackets that are feeling the pinch. Plus, its Bevelery Hills.

Buslady
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
As all houses out here in SoCal...

OVERPRICED.

shuriken
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
It's a nice house. It's expensive yes, but not really overpriced due to the location of the damned thing.

XERO
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Hmm, I'm surprised it wasn't featured on Cribs.

BoggleKng
12-21-2008, 10:00 PM
it would be hilarious if it was on Cribs!

VaughnMichael
12-22-2008, 05:37 AM
First thing that came to mind is that Archon's gonna buy it for his collection.:lol:

Type 97 Chi-ha
12-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Why difficult? People who could afford a home like that before the economic downturn can still afford to buy it. Its those of us in the much lower tax brackets that are feeling the pinch. Plus, its Bevelery Hills.

Ah, but would anyone who could afford it want to, at least for more than what the land itself is worth? It was Kevin Eastman's dream house when he had it (assuming he built it or renovated whatever building was there), but no necessarily some other rich person's. A vacant lot in a desirable location would be cheaper and easier to work with.

There was an article in the Chicago Tribune some time ago which mentioned what I did. Not everyone would want, say, a 15-car garage.

Samhain
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
awesome if a tmnt fan bought it....but also a little weird.

Jester
12-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe a bunch of TMNT fans should buy it and convert it into a TMNT museum! :P

Raph's Girl
12-22-2008, 06:22 PM
The five-bedroom, six-bathroom Mediterranean-style home has 5,458 square feet and is in a guard-gated community.

Hmm....I wonder what the MLS number is? *searches* Found it!! :o It's in Beverly Hills Post Office (whatever that is).

The MLS number is: 08-303921 and it's listed on Windermere.com :D

It's got a really nice view....wish I could afford it.

Ok now I've seen the insides of Kevin Eastman's house...my life is complete....Love the kitchen. I just think it's nutty that it's got more bathrooms than bedrooms.

If you can't figure out windermere.com here's a direct link to it from themls.com:

http://guests.themls.com/view_photo.cfm?mlsnum=08-303921

Buslady
12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
It's a nice house. It's expensive yes, but not really overpriced due to the location of the damned thing.

believe me, land here is overpriced. you can get a BIG house with no backyard for 450,000
yeah a nice view of the haze and smog ....

Archon_Turtle
12-22-2008, 11:38 PM
First thing that came to mind is that Archon's gonna buy it for his collection.:lol:

Funny... Thats the first thing that came to my mind too... lawls. Talk to me in like...5 years.

Andrew NDB
12-22-2008, 11:42 PM
believe me, land here is overpriced. you can get a BIG house with no backyard for 450,000

McMansion piece of sh*ts... I hate the state of "development" in housing these days. I spit venom at it.

Archon_Turtle
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
yeah a nice view of the haze and smog ....

at least it gives us pretty sunsets :-P

Buslady
12-23-2008, 08:43 AM
McMansion piece of sh*ts... I hate the state of "development" in housing these days. I spit venom at it.

This i hafta agree with.

They cram houses smack next to each other with arms length between them...slap 'em together, well, i watched them build my house...then i compared with eastern built, ours looks heavy duty compared. We got lucky, big backyard, nice front yard and a good size house for under 350....but most of the houses, omg!

there's no such thing as real craftsmanship anymore...old town Orange has real houses, true blue Craftsman style, over 50-60 years old, all individual, big lots, space between them...nice stuff.
The new crap...yep, slap em together...squeeze every cent out of the land values, forget how long the homes might last, no where near as the Orange houses.

Leogeddon
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM
As all houses out here in SoCal...

OVERPRICED.

Tell me about it, but then again, everything in California is over priced, even the food! :dead:

Type 97 Chi-ha
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
This i hafta agree with.

They cram houses smack next to each other with arms length between them...slap 'em together, well, i watched them build my house...then i compared with eastern built, ours looks heavy duty compared. We got lucky, big backyard, nice front yard and a good size house for under 350....but most of the houses, omg!

there's no such thing as real craftsmanship anymore...old town Orange has real houses, true blue Craftsman style, over 50-60 years old, all individual, big lots, space between them...nice stuff.
The new crap...yep, slap em together...squeeze every cent out of the land values, forget how long the homes might last, no where near as the Orange houses.

You'd really envy my Chicago bungalow. :P

Buslady
12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
You'd really envy my Chicago bungalow. :P

is it one of them solid built things that last a hundred years plus?

Type 97 Chi-ha
12-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Oh my yes. Fortunately I got it before housing prices would really shoot up. It was a fixer-upper, and needed a lot fo work, but still I consider myself very fortunate.:)

Buslady
12-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh my yes. Fortunately I got it before housing prices would really shoot up. It was a fixer-upper, and needed a lot fo work, but still I consider myself very fortunate.:)

you damn well are fortunate! take care of it, it'll last forever :D

PizzaPower
12-27-2008, 01:08 AM
sounds best to me :) then peter lairds.

lilraph
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
What would be hilarious is if someone could sell four original playmates figures in packages and buy that from him. :lol::lol: Man if they were worth that . . .