PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 25 [ D • T ] COM up <<

tOkKa
01-01-2009, 01:15 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/3154956267_08dba3033d.jpg

@ http://www.tmnt25.com

-->> .. thar she goes.. ~~ **

>v<

(( Krang, Mods.. if this was posted elsewhere or is a post you don't want on here .. delete it it or edit or whatever, i never seem to know if i'm following the rules close enuff' sometimes.

.. thanks ~ t ))

Samhain
01-01-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah!!! woo hoo

Ninjinister
01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I was gonna post this, but thought that I had just been slow and it was already well known. The best man beat me to the punch though :p

That bronze statue set came out nowhere... looks... interesting.

FLAduranie
01-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, this sux! The tour is coming nowhere close to Florida. Come on people....we have Tampa, Orlando and Miami.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/FLAduranie/turtletour.jpg

Jelly Bean
01-01-2009, 01:25 PM
shouldn't Next Mutation be up there too?

Guitar_Raph
01-01-2009, 01:59 PM
shouldn't Next Mutation be up there too?

I agree. Next Mutation is mentioned in the Timeline section, if you click 1997.

And yes, the 1990 section did mention Comin Out of Their Shells! They wouldn't ignore my two favorite parts of TMNT!

HOORAY! TMNT's coming to Dallas from June 12-14. Hopefully it's in Dallas, and not in the outskirts like Arlington, Grand Prairie or Mesquite (No DART bus service).

One thing more, it's my 300 post!

LeoNerdo
01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
i'm pretty pumped about this. my friends and i are definitely going when they get to dallas in the summer.

Scandia
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
They did not mention the Archie comic book. Nor Coming Out of their Shells.

And I wish the road trip would come to Florida. We are the 4th most populated state after all. Such rejection.

Ninjinister
01-01-2009, 06:58 PM
This may not be the entire tour, folks. Notice that there are no Donatello heads on that map?

Kendamu
01-01-2009, 07:00 PM
It's a pretty fun little site that breahtes some fresh air into the franchise for me personally. Hopefully it keeps up its pace and keeps me excited.

Jester
01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Dig CG Shredder. :P
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Jesterangelo/Shredders.jpg

GK Punk
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
The site sucks, I sign up and get my confirmation email, I click on it and when I sign it it says my info is invalid. Requesting a new pass doesn't help at all either.

Kendamu
01-01-2009, 09:09 PM
The site sucks, I sign up and get my confirmation email, I click on it and when I sign it it says my info is invalid. Requesting a new pass doesn't help at all either.

http://www.tmnt25.com/contact.html

GK Punk
01-01-2009, 09:12 PM
gee i wish I would have thought of that earlier.

oh wait, I did.

Jester
01-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Um...you kick it?

Kendamu
01-01-2009, 09:25 PM
gee i wish I would have thought of that earlier.

oh wait, I did.
I'd apologize, but you're being a dick.

Hopefully I remember not to help you again, Captain Dramapants.

turkishproverb
01-01-2009, 09:31 PM
This may not be the entire tour, folks. Notice that there are no Donatello heads on that map?

I think the TBA venue ones just transform if they get multiples.

GK Punk
01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I'd apologize, but you're being a dick.

Hopefully I remember not to help you again, Captain Dramapants.

Your post came across to me as you being a dick.

Maybe because the few interactions I've had with you in the past, you've been a dick.

Ninjinister
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't make me pull this car over, because I will.

GK Punk
01-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Heh that was actually pretty funny.

Buffy
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Did anyone try the "which turtle are you?" test? The website says I'm like Shredder, do'h! :lol:

Roseangelo
01-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Did anyone try the "which turtle are you?" test? The website says I'm like Shredder, do'h! :lol:

I got Mike, which is actually really odd; I always get Don on those things.

But the writing for the test and for the Web site in general is just terrible and it clearly didn't go through an editor or any sort of quality assurance. For the test I'd like to know who came up with some of the questions/answer choices. One of the answer choices being "Stallone" is just burned in my head as a give-away that whoever wrote it is completely disconnected from society. All the other ACs are two-name people; since when did Sylvester Stallone become a one-name celebrity? And he's not exactly a relevant name.

Oh, I also remember that my favorite color wasn't even a freakin' option for that question. Hello, green anyone?!!!

The timeline is also lacking and dotted with inaccuracies.

I tried to be optimistic about it, but I can't help but find the site to be full of fail.

Buslady
01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Jee wow, big surprise. I turned out as Raph without picking the obvious selections.
Kinda sucks all this anniversary stuff...and the toon is dead, the comic book is non-existant....

Buffy
01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I got Mike, which is actually really odd; I always get Don on those things.

But the writing for the test and for the Web site in general is just terrible and it clearly didn't go through an editor or any sort of quality assurance. For the test I'd like to know who came up with some of the questions/answer choices. One of the answer choices being "Stallone" is just burned in my head as a give-away that whoever wrote it is completely disconnected from society. All the other ACs are two-name people; since when did Sylvester Stallone become a one-name celebrity? And he's not exactly a relevant name.

Oh, I also remember that my favorite color wasn't even a freakin' option for that question. Hello, green anyone?!!!

The timeline is also lacking and dotted with inaccuracies.

I tried to be optimistic about it, but I can't help but find the site to be full of fail.

I'm kinda bummed about the graphics, they really don't look good.
Also, on some pages, if I try to navigate to another page, I get a white screen with an error.

turkishproverb
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I got leo, which kind've proves how crappy this test is.

BoggleKng
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
moved to new thread...

Kendamu
01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
I think the site's kinda neat. It's not the best thing since Jesus or anything, but whatever. I never really expected it to be the savior of the franchise. It's a great website for people casually acquainted with the Turtles, though.

Nice for a little look-though. Might have some more time-wasters on it later. Other than that, whatever. I'd expect more if the TMNT were as popular right now as they were in 1990.

Guitar_Raph
01-02-2009, 08:17 PM

No surprise, I got Mikey! Party dude who likes to have fun (and play the drums).

Krang
01-03-2009, 12:36 AM
But the writing for the test and for the Web site in general is just terrible and it clearly didn't go through an editor or any sort of quality assurance.
Which reminds me, I noticed that when you visit the news room, all navigation links point to a development domain (tmnt25.dev.crtpr.com) instead of TMNT25.com. Then again, I am a web developer, so it's my job to pay attention to things like that. :P

Buslady
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I noticed that and wondered if that was the developmental pages or something...how tacky.

Roseangelo
01-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I've found some pages with script errors, too.

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-03-2009, 01:18 AM
the comic book is non-existant....

Mirage was still putting out issues of Tales last time I checked.

The site could stand to be a lot better, but I still think it's great that the 25th anniversary of the TMNT is getting some attention. Ten years ago I wouldn't have thought that there would even be this much interest in the Turtles ever again.

Buslady
01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Mirage was still putting out issues of Tales last time I checked.

Sorry :P Meant the main title, with the corny storyline going

Either way I can't find Tales anywhere, nobody carries it here. But that's not the point..the main book is nonexistent. They're stuck in limbo...

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry :P Meant the main title, with the corny storyline going

Either way I can't find Tales anywhere, nobody carries it here. But that's not the point..the main book is nonexistent. They're stuck in limbo...

I have to travel a bit to get a hold of some Tales issues.

I don't really miss the main book too much. It was okay, better than having no Turtles at all certainly, but the storyline wasn't really exciting me. We had one issue out this year. I guess that beats last year's schedule. :)

Rooish
01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
The site is colourful and dynamic. Of course, there are plenty of pages-to-nowhere. I have to wonder who wrote it, too--some of it is pretty weak, especially the character bios. I'm glad the website is there to generate interest, especially among passive fans, or people who liked the TMNT as kids. So I'm glad we have this site.

Although I can't seem to register for the site, either. Annoying.

Roseangelo
01-03-2009, 10:45 AM
The saddest thing about the site is that the "About Mirage Studios" (http://www.tmnt25.com/newsroom/about/) page is HORRIBLY inaccurate and, again, horribly written. You'd think they'd at least be able to get the history of their company right.

Jester
01-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I think a certain forum member should proofread that page for those of us who are ig'nant....;)

Kendamu
01-03-2009, 12:15 PM
The saddest thing about the site is that the "About Mirage Studios" (http://www.tmnt25.com/newsroom/about/) page is HORRIBLY inaccurate and, again, horribly written. You'd think they'd at least be able to get the history of their company right.
Contact Info:
Rob Longert, Peppercom
Account Executive
RLongert [AT] Peppercom.com

Let him know how you feel.

Roseangelo
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I think a certain forum member should proofread that page for those of us who are ig'nant....;)

In the works, my friend, in the works. :)

Although it may not be up until tomorrow. Not only do I have to dig out a few buried resources, but I have to do so at times when they won't be eaten by my bunny. :D (And I'm having company over tonight for the sole purpose of adoring the bunny. 8) )

Contact Info:
Rob Longert, Peppercom
Account Executive
RLongert [AT] Peppercom.com

Let him know how you feel.

I'll probably be doing this, as well.

Jester
01-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Research? Who does research when they post "information" or "facts" on the inter-webs? :P

Roseangelo
01-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Research? Who does research when they post "information" or "facts" on the inter-webs? :P

Apparently not the people behind TMNT25.com. :roll:

Of course, the really sad thing is that whoever did the Web site was probably just working on information that was given to them by Mirage, which they assumed to be correct. And why shouldn't it be? I'm really curious to know who wrote the whole thing. If it was written from someone inside Mirage, I either have a better TMNT archive than they do (a real possibility) or that someone didn't bother to actually look into the archive.

All of the inaccurate dates are telling that someone was probably going from (an aging) memory.

IamtheKnight
01-03-2009, 04:32 PM
It amazes me how lazy people are these days...

BoggleKng
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Lazy or bad memory.. Either way, it is disappointing.. Who ever is in charge of that website should be taking fans seriously...

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-03-2009, 05:10 PM
The website could use a lot of work. Especially the Ninja Pedia section. I bet there's a lot of small TMNT facts that casual fans would find interesting. With comic books getting more exposure due to the movies, more people are finding that kind of thing interesting.

All of the broken links are annoying. Apparently no one double checked the thing. The "About Mirage" page leads to nowhere.

Kendamu
01-04-2009, 04:25 AM
I was just reading over the rules of the TMNT25 Sweepstakes and I was wondering: Don't contests like that usually have 2nd prize and 3rd prize winners and stuff? The contest on the website just has the prize for the one winner.

Kinda odd, but I don't expect to win, anyway.

Roseangelo
01-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I was just reading over the rules of the TMNT25 Sweepstakes and I was wondering: Don't contests like that usually have 2nd prize and 3rd prize winners and stuff? The contest on the website just has the prize for the one winner.

Kinda odd, but I don't expect to win, anyway.

That is a bit odd.

I'd like to know the scale of the statue. The only statue like that that I know of is life-size, in which case that thing is probably bigger than the whole of my apartment and I don't know where they expect the average person to put such a thing.

But maybe it really is really tiny...

Canadian Turtle
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
It amazes me how lazy people are these days...

This is SOO true... however I will say this. I am F'n dead right now because I have just come off working 8 FULL and I mean 14 hour days on a very small but very cool part of an extremely special TMNT project.

But that's all I will say about that right now. This is only the beginning, if things go well in the next few weeks you will know more.

Jester
01-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Darn you Canadian Turtle...:P Not even a little hint? ;)

Canadian Turtle
01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
hahahah! well you have no idea how much I want to scream what I am working on, but I can't because we are awaiting word from certain people.

Lets just say I spent much of the past week crawling through a very large, very small New York.

Raph's Girl
01-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Well I see they've updated the site a bit....the road trip thing is lame...just shows the 2 cons and that the main road trip will be starting in April....

And without even trying I ended up as usual being like Raphael....

And the TMNT Pedia is wrong. Demension X was not another demension...it was another galaxy altogether.

Rooish
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
The site also has the 2k3 show's "Mikey is a natural athlete which makes up for him being lazy" garbage. Grr. His profile is of his most annoying version.

Kendamu
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I always preferred the version of Mikey that likes to roughhouse as much as Raphael like in Vol. 1 #2 (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/two/pg02-03.htm).

Roseangelo
01-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Hopefully I'll have my "About Mirage Studios" bit available tomorrow. I just finished writing it, but I'm actually sending it through my own little quality assurance "department" before submitting it to the interwebs, so I'll have to wait for it to come back.

Jester
01-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Quality control....funny. :P

Ninjinister
01-05-2009, 12:36 PM
And the TMNT Pedia is wrong. Demension X was not another demension...it was another galaxy altogether.

There was evidence that it could have been either.

Canadian Turtle
01-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh for crying out loud I was most like April... I guess I'm a girl.

BUT if I change just one thing (because I didn't know if I would take a camera or an ipod from home... I am a cameraman) Then I was Mikey. Which is a better fit.

Roseangelo
01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok, here's my "About Mirage Studios." (http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2009/01/rewriting-tmnt25com.html)

Mind you, it's not nearly as in-depth as I could have gone, but the main point was to correct the incorrect information on TMNT25.com and give people proper credit for their contributions to Mirage and the TMNT.

Jester
01-06-2009, 09:13 PM
QhTiJEYqqY8

maybop
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Buffy;658115]Did anyone try the "which turtle are you?" test? /QUOTE]

I'm Donatello. That didnt supprise me though. But hey it gave me a chance to get an avatar up till I can get back to school to make one.

Edit: Hey the tour is gonnabe in Chicago around my birthday! They should go to Milwaukee after that ON my birthday! I wish...

Guitar_Raph
01-07-2009, 08:32 PM
About the sweepstakes, it turns out that it's one entry per person/e-mail address.

I tried to enter daily, but denied.

Kendamu
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
About the sweepstakes, it turns out that it's one entry per person/e-mail address.

I tried to enter daily, but denied.
Considering that there's only one prize and no second-place winners or anything like that, I guess it makes for a more fair contest if it's one entry per person.

Raph's Girl
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Hrm@the road trip... WTF? They're not even going anywhere near the Northern States except for Michigan and Illinois! That road trip doesn't look fair....No love for Washington or even Oregon or Idaho or Utah??? Yeesh :ohwell:

BoggleKng
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Anyone else thinking of trekking off to NYCC?

Drtooth
01-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I find it ridiculous and hilarious that they are NOT going anywhere near Massachusetts (other than New York) since this is the state they really came from.

Kendamu
01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
According to an e-mail I got, they're attempting to add more stops, but they're overwhelmed with requests as to where to stop.

If you want them to stop near you, tell them!

Ninjinister
01-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Is Pandæmonium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pand%C3%A6monium_(Paradise_Lost)) an option?

Raph's Girl
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM
According to an e-mail I got, they're attempting to add more stops, but they're overwhelmed with requests as to where to stop.

If you want them to stop near you, tell them!

Well if they're still adding I'll just wait and if there's nothing about them even coming anywhere near the Northwest soon then I'll email em.

Archon_Turtle
01-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Don't make me pull this car over, because I will.

I was going to suggest timeouts or naps.

EDIT: Wow...I just responded to something that happened pages ago...refresh FTW!

Machias Banshee
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I find it ridiculous and hilarious that they are NOT going anywhere near Massachusetts (other than New York) since this is the state they really came from.

They'd Better come to friggen Mass/New Hampshire. Dover's the comic's hometown, they can't forget about us... :(

BoggleKng
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I dont think so either.. unfortunately, we have to go to NYC...

Roseangelo
01-13-2009, 08:26 PM
They'd Better come to friggen Mass/New Hampshire. Dover's the comic's hometown, they can't forget about us... :(

I wouldn't be surprised if Peppercom didn't even know that.

Leonardo87
01-13-2009, 08:33 PM

I know right, I was disappointed that they didn't mention NH or MA in their tour :(

Tinuvielsdreams
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I joined up on it yesterday. apparently I am Mikey when I take the quiz. If there is only one winner who gets to pick one statue what the heck will they do with the rest?? I also keep hoping that the locations on the tour map have to be very incomplete...
On a positive note, I was digging the wall papers

BoggleKng
01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I know right, I was disappointed that they didn't mention NH or MA in their tour :(

Anyone ever email the folks at Mirage out in NoHo to see what they say?

Mandi-chan
01-15-2009, 12:02 AM
The prize for the contest made my jaw drop, those statues look great!

LeoNerdo
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
i think they may have updated the site if ever so slightly. nothing really significant as far as i can tell but they did add all of the stops on the map to the schedule list.

even if the party wagon events end up sucking i'm still gonna over hype them waay too much because it's the only thing i have to look forward to right now and my motivation to get through this semester..lol