PDA

View Full Version : Baxter Stockman

Jelly Bean
01-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Why does Baxter get the cruddy end of the stick in this series? I mean he doesn't get mutilated like he does in the 4KIDs cartoon but he's gotta be the most fu**ed over character in the entire show. :ohwell: He's always getting pushed around or lied to or tortured in some way. Almost every time he's on he gets trapped into some other world or nearly killed. What happens to Baxter in the show does he get to be human? I almost feel sorry for him. :o

tone-master21
01-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Baxter's final appearance in the original series was the episode Revenge of the Fly and he doesn't ever become human again, infact he gets trapped in limbo again.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Baxter's final appearance in the original series was the episode Revenge of the Fly and he doesn't ever become human again, infact he gets trapped in limbo again.

You can always write a fanfic about how he gets back to Earth.

IamtheKnight
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
I felt sorry for him in the new toon after Insane in the Membrane.

Coola Yagami
01-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Baxter's life just sucks no matter how you slice it. I mean in the original comics he's apparantly a brain chained up to a robot on a wall for who knows how many years until Don blasts him.

Sage Ninja
01-01-2009, 11:36 PM
I always felt sorry for Baxter in the Old toon. He didn't deserve half the crap he got from Shredder and every one else. :( But then Baxter character in genral is supposed to be verey tragic and every thing from being abused by Shredder and turned into a fly and betrayed and trapped inbetween deminsions, was the old toon more child friendly way of depicting him as tormented tragic character he was dipicted as being in mirage comics.

Evenstar227
01-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Baxter in the OT was treated like crap by Shredder and Krang. He didn't seem to deserve the ill treatment he was subjected to, at least not at first. After continually helping a supervillain, however, could he be considered an "innocent bystander"?

Baxter in the NT, however, was a crazy mofo. He did get a lot of grief from Shredder, but he probably deserved it due to his evil machinations in that series. Haven't read enough Mirage comics to say about that, but if 2k3 Baxter is derived from that then I'd probably feel the same.

Cipher
01-02-2009, 02:52 PM
The 2003 Baxter is the only one I can think of who gets a happy ending, even if he has to wait one-hundred years for it.

The 1987 Baxter, however, was the only one who wasn't an evil genius to begin with, making his transformation into an increasingly insane fly mutant a bit pitiable.

And of course Mirage Baxter was an evil genius, and got the kind of twisted fate he deserved.

But then Baxter character in genral is supposed to be verey tragic and every thing from being abused by Shredder and turned into a fly and betrayed and trapped inbetween deminsions, was the old toon more child friendly way of depicting him as tormented tragic character he was dipicted as being in mirage comics.Um, no. Having read every issue to feature Baxter, I can safely say he was not a "tormented tragic character" at all. Here's a list of everything he does in the series:

Volume 1: Makes Mousers with the intent of chewing through building foundations and holding the city for ransom, "because it's fun." Has them topple at least one building killing god-knows how many bystanders. Tries to kill April. Laughs maniacally as the Turtles punch him out.

Volume 2: Places his brain inside a robot body. Kills countless DARPA soldiers. Kills an innocent man in a phonebooth and marvels at his lack of remorse. Inserts nanobots in April. Atempts to kill the Turtles and is blown to pieces.

Volume 4: Having spent decades in Donatello's lair as an inoperative robot body, he still refuses to offer a cure for April. Donatello blows him to pieces...again.

That's it. Mirage Baxter is the least sympathetic version by far.

turkishproverb
01-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Baxter's life just sucks no matter how you slice it. I mean in the original comics he's apparantly a brain chained up to a robot on a wall for who knows how many years until Don blasts him.

He deserved it. He was probably the most evil character mirage ever had.

01-07-2009, 08:08 AM
I would like to have him as a human all the 1987 cartoon long. But the funniest he said as a fly was in the 1993 episode "Revenge of the Fly" when he mutated humans into insects, saying "Don't worry about the ants ruining your picknick, you are the ants".

NameGoesHere1066
01-10-2009, 09:13 PM
you know what I found weird about OT Baxter? He always called Shredder "Master". :-? Why did he call Shredder master? It's not like Baxter came from a foriegn background where Master and servant hiearchy was the norm. For goodness sakes, Baxter was a white guy who came from an American culture. Did Baxter call Shredder Master of his own volition or did Shredder make him? He doesn't own Baxter and he had nothing over him, I mean Bebop and Rocksteady who a practically Shredder's slaves never call him Master. Just boss. :ohwell:

Coola Yagami
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Shredder likes a bitch to call him master....

What I find funny is how he was always against the Turtles, when him becoming a fly was all Shredder and Krang's doing.

Like in his final episode-

Baxter- Now I'll finally make you pay for what you did to me!
Leo- Baxter... exactly what did we do to you?
Baxter- ..... I... I don't remember, but I'll make you pay!!!

01-17-2009, 06:01 AM

What I find funny is how he was always against the Turtles, when him becoming a fly was all Shredder and Krang's doing.

Like in his final episode-

Baxter- Now I'll finally make you pay for what you did to me!
Leo- Baxter... exactly what did we do to you?
Baxter- ..... I... I don't remember, but I'll make you pay!!!

Shredder tricked him into beliving it was the TMNT's doing. He was probably unconscious in the disintegrator machine.

Coola Yagami
01-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Um... Baxter was banging on the doors pleading for them to let him out.

Drtooth
01-17-2009, 08:06 AM

Well, obviously, since Krang does it to him all the time, he needs someone to feel superior to. That's how I always viewed that (and Rocksteady and Bebop while we're at it). Shredder takes abuse from Krang and passes it in turn to his underlings.

But the NT Baxter... come on, how isn't that slip by the censors amazing? He's boarder line suicidal near the end (Saying that he was rudely awakend from his eternal sleep and all), and you can tell he really hates having to work for Shredder and Hun. I think he has a better relationship with Bishop, since he almost views him as a colleague (almost). But considering Hun gave him nightly beatings every time Baxter tried to stand up for himself. Sure, he came off as an arrogant jerk at first, but you could tell the further down the line the show went, Baxter was hurting.

Cipher
01-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Um... Baxter was banging on the doors pleading for them to let him out.Baxter becomes increasingly insane after his mutation. In his first episode as a fly, all Shredder has to do is suggest that it was the Turtles' fault to get Baxter to fight them. I don't think he remembers or cares who's fault it actually was.

Chrissie Terrapin
01-17-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't get it why they changed Baxter to Caucasian instead of African American, due to not being framed for racism since Shredder was cruel to him.
Shredder is Japanese... They probably thought that people wouldn't notice it

Coola Yagami
01-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Apart from saying Sayonara and saying stuff like 'ninja honor' and whatnot, Shredder barely acted Japanese. I mean, really, with all the jokes, puns, and play on words he uses, Shredder sure caught a hell of an impressive grip on the English language, while Splinter still kinda/sorta talks like Mr. Miyagi.

01-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't get it why they changed Baxter to Caucasian instead of African American, due to not being framed for racism since Shredder was cruel to him.
Shredder is Japanese... They probably thought that people wouldn't notice it

A racist doesn't need to be a white guy/girl hating a black guy/girl. It can be a Japanese guy/girl hating a black guy/girl or whatever.

Jelly Bean
01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Baxter becomes increasingly insane after his mutation. In his first episode as a fly, all Shredder has to do is suggest that it was the Turtles' fault to get Baxter to fight them. I don't think he remembers or cares who's fault it actually was.

I sort of took that as a "any port in a storm" mentality on Baxter's part. His acceptance of Shredder only lasts that episode from what I've seen.

Cipher
01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I sort of took that as a "any port in a storm" mentality on Baxter's part. His acceptance of Shredder only lasts that episode from what I've seen.He switches between fighting the Turtles and fighting Shredder, though. He's really confused. Shredder easily tricks him again in "Landlord of the Flies" in Season Five, for example.

In his Season Four appearance he can't even remember that April O'Neil is a woman.

Jelly Bean
01-23-2009, 11:22 PM
that...is really weird. How come Baxter went from brilliant man to slobbering simpletin after he turned into a fly.

Oh and quick question, what is the deal with that alien computer he keeps carring around? :-?

Golden ShredHead
01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
I feel worse for Shredder and Krang in the original version. Baxter was weak.

TwinbeeMkII
01-30-2009, 09:08 PM
The thing is, one can take assumption that over time, more of Baxter's mind was becoming fly. His 4th apperance, where we first see him with Z, he was acting MUCH more bug like, as well as almost half crazed. From walking through walls to his mixing up of simple genders, poor Baxter was half crazed mad by his last apperance, simply wanting everything to hurt for something that what's left of his mind can't even recall. Very tragic.:cry:

Coola Yagami
01-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, his first appearance of the CBS episodes had Baxter crazy for sugar and just walking through walls and basically acting more like a giant fly than a scientist that was turned into one.

Krang100
08-18-2013, 02:23 PM
The Baxter 2012 and IDW yet doesn't get this abuses as Baxter's FW cartoons or 2k3 (I thank it).

Baxter 2012 unlike his FW counterpart, was a true comic relief, the things happen to him (no the nasty things done over him) are quite funny. Acording to Baxter, every people mock him (but it wasn't show at all), the close thing is when he went to attack his former coworker and he was identified by one of his former co worker and former boss. First he tried to explains it wasn't his fault when the copy machine went broken, then tried to deny he wasn't Baxter, or when he was tryng to find a super villain name. The few darks element is when Shredder threats to kill him (to be fair, Shredder threat every underling to kill) or when he was mistreated by Dogpound and Fishface.

The good part with Baxter 2012, he wasn't exposed in true danger save by the mentionated above and TMNT's Nick knows how to make a comic relief character without putting hin in danger or mistreating him. Ironically is to the date, Shredder didn't get his name wrong.

Baxter IDW is a true mastermind than a pawn unlike his FW's counterpart, he know how to put the things in his favor. He is by far more cunning and smarter than his Mirage counterpart. In another hand he has some conscience, when Krang wiped a city, Baxter was surprised and regards it as excesive.

Pterobat
08-18-2013, 05:23 PM
How stuff goes for me:

I do feel sorry for OT Baxter, but at the same time, he's done his fair share of evil. Some of it has to do with being mistaken or insane, but even those actions have consequences, and even those he frequently enjoys.

And you get him to the wall, or give him something that can actually do some damage, and Baxter loves to cause trouble. Think the Ultimate Ratcatcher, the Eye of Sarnath, the mutagen gun thingie that he used to turn people into bugs...he's definitely got an evil side, and I can see why that leads to his eternal defeat and comeuppance.

As to why he calls Shredder "Master", well, he's doing the whole Igor- Renfeild thing of the creepy simpering henchman. Nowhere is it written that the mad scientist can't ALSO be the henchman. :P

And nowhere does it also say that OT Baxter has too much dignity to ever do that. We've seen him do it, and act like a coward a lot of the time, so it all fits him. (He has no dignity.)

Baxtefly getting stupider is a little sad...all of it's a little sad, but it also makes for some twisted jokes. "Son of Return of the Fly II" is the absolute best Baxterfly episode because he's so crazy, and I'd take it over anything more serious.

I think FW Baxter is meant to be a funny character, not a tragic one, and because sometimes the OT doesn't think everything through, it ended up doing a lot of horrible things to Baxter and trying to make it funny, and the end result is "sad if you think about it".

But I can't get totally on board with seeing Baxter's plight in an earnestly sad way--I like him as a funny character, and some of those things he deserves.

Mirage Baxter is pretty boring. I mean, he's okay as a tongue-in-cheek portrayal of a mad scientist who pops up from time to time, but he doesn't have a real story arc or isn't amusingly terrible.

2003 Stockman is the total best version of the character. The writers seem to know what they're doing, and his sense of tragedy seems real rather than accidental. Stockman is also a stronger person and a more intelligent character, which makes him more appealing.

But again, he's also not a NICE person, and to some degree deserves what happens to him.

Nicktoons Baxter is...he's actually a lot like FW Baxter in my mind, though with his goofiness toned down for obvious reasons.

I think what it boils down to is you can like a character, find them sad or funny, but also realize they're a total jerk

08-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Does anyone have the official ages for the different incarnations of Stockman?

This Stockman seems a bit younger than the previous ones I've seen, which is why I'm asking.

Pterobat
08-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have the official ages for the different incarnations of Stockman?

This Stockman seems a bit younger than the previous ones I've seen, which is why I'm asking.

Well, the TMNT Wiki states that Mirageverse Baxter and 2003 Stockman are both thirty-six years old (the latter's birthdate is given as 1967, which would make him 36 as of 2003), but it's never cited where that information came from.

CyberCubed
08-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Why do people keep forgetting about IDW Baxter?

Krang100
09-03-2013, 08:59 PM
As a new Thread was open to see which is the most evil Shredder, i can use this post to talk about which is the most evil Baxter.

I list from the most evil to the least evil.

1) Baxter Mirage Comics: He is the most evil of all Baxter without doubt. He as a successful scientist who work to rid the rat problems, but actually he planned to rob banks, but not because he can be reach legaly, but it was fun. If April suspect the Mousers, why Baxter led to them?. He tries to convince April to join him?. On in a more nefarious scenario, he tried to kill her anyway. Whatever the case, he send her mouser to kill her without a second thought. In Vol 2 he turned worse, he kills Drapa soilders to access their technology turned himself into a cyborg, then injected nanobots into April to destroy her body from inside and planned to kill her even after Donatello gave him the chance to redeem, instead he chose to mock April. It was why Donatello blast him to death: "Good bye Baxter, rot in hell".

2) Baxter 2k3: He is close to Baxter Mirage Comics, in arrogance, sadist, cold blood murder and sarcastic manner. The plot about the Mousers, is nearly a mirror from Mirage Comics, except he was forced by Shredder to do it, it mean it has some (but not all) responsibility for his evil deeds. Like his Mirage Comics counterpart, he send his Mousers to April without hesitation when she discover him (Note in this version, April snoops arroung, in Mirage Comics, Baxter led to the Mousers himself). Another evil deed is when he manipulate Leatherhead, and when he mocked Donatello when he was mutated. About his treacherous attitued to Shredder, was by far justified, the cruel things happened to him was extremly harsh in comparation the things he was doing. Unlike his mirage counterpart, Baxter has little good side, he love and respect his late mother, and in 2105 he gave up to his evil ways after he was rescued by Bishop understanding a person wasn't a monster by his apparence, but by his bad deeds.

3) Baxter IDW: He was an unscrupulous scientist business man who tried to catch Splinter using Old Hob, a violent mutant. And his most evil act, is when he shotted Old Hob in cool blood, fired him literally in the two context, to be fair, Old Hob survived to this. Baxter was an opportunist than a real evil man, he wasn't aware about Krang's genocide, until he reveals himself as Utrom, when Baxter was watching a city on fire, he regards it as excessive instead to look with cold eyes.

4) Baxter FW: He was originally a honest scientist who tries to seld his invention, but he was rejected violently. The worst to him was when he was found by Shredder who fooled him to attack the turtles. He not only was tried to be killed by Shredder, he was tied by the Turtles and put under arrest for something he didn't, in fact Baxter was quite confused and didn't undestand whats going on. Then the Turtles "borrow" his lab and van. In the next season he turned a lot more evil minded without explication, turned Shredder's renfield/igor sidekick who was forced to attack the turtles, taking mistreatments and abuses in the process. When he turned a fly, he was confused and he thought wrongly the Turtles were responsible for his misery.

5) Baxter Archie Comics: It was a Mirrow of Baxter FW before he turned a fly.

6) Baxter Nick: Baxter was mocked in his whole life, when he was kid, by his coworkers, and then by the turtles when they throw into the dumpster, it wasn't the first time someone do it to Baxter, since then he has grugde against them. Baxter is a mere thief than a murder, and when he tried to kill Dogpound and Fishface, it was justified, because they very often mistreat and abuse him, Baxter fed up of then and tried to give them what their deserve. Baxter is the least evil villain in this show, if not he wasn't evil, he lack of the cold blood and sadist tendence unlike the other villains of the show, a least in season 1, Baxter is even less evil than karai.

7) Coming Out of Their Shells: if Shredder himself wasn't truely evil and only tried to destroy music. Baxter wasn't evil as well, he only was crazy.

09-04-2013, 05:45 AM
It's silly with Mirage Baxter Stockman robbing banks for fun and not for the money.

Pterobat
09-04-2013, 08:33 PM
It's silly with Mirage Baxter Stockman robbing banks for fun and not for the money.

Eh, well, I've always thought of Mirage Baxter as a character that's being portrayed as tongue-in-cheek: doing stuff just for the fun of it is part of the joke.

As for "most evil" Stockman, it's hard to say, since all versions of the character are small-time villains, whose plans so far have never lead to anything on the level of what the major villains have committed. All of them are jerks, too, so asking who has the least evil personality doesn't come into play, either.

As for IDW Baxter, eh, I'm waiting to hear about what he does first. I still haven't read the IDW comic, and his Micro-Series made him interesting, but I just didn't care as much about the character as I wanted to.

ETA: Has this been added to the character polls and hub?