PDA

View Full Version : Original TMNT Series Writer Michael Reeves Diagonosed With Parkinsons

ZariusTwo
01-05-2009, 06:25 AM
http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=gaiman04&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=15

I know this isnt the happiest news for a fandom reeling from an uncertain future for the series and the franchise, but it's imperitive you rally as much support for Reeves and his family as possible. Reeves is one of the most recognisible veterans in the industry, having written for pretty much every major animated series of the 1980s and some of the 1990s. This includes He-Man Gargoyles, Batman: TAS, The Real Ghostbusters, and of course, several TMNT episodes from the second, third, and fourth seasons. Many of these episodes are amongst the most acclaimed of their series.

He is also a highly regarded novelist.

Drtooth
01-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Pretty depressing stuff, and contracting such a horrible disease... Our thoughts and prayers in TMNT fandom go out to him.

ZariusTwo
01-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the condolences Tooth, but it seems more "fans" would rather talk about their favourate TMNT "rip off" than a real life human being whose probably one of the few animation writers to break out of that aspect and be revered as a great writer in other mediums...as well as a guy who gave them arguably half their childhoods.

Jelly Bean
01-06-2009, 10:14 AM
this is sad. It's a horriable disease to have. My Uncle was diagnosed with this two years ago. I don't think people really get what this disease is all about so the brush it off. It's too bad a guy with a great imagination would something like this.

Sage Ninja
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=gaiman04&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=15

I know this isnt the happiest news for a fandom reeling from an uncertain future for the series and the franchise, but it's imperitive you rally as much support for Reeves and his family as possible. Reeves is one of the most recognisible veterans in the industry, having written for pretty much every major animated series of the 1980s and some of the 1990s. This includes He-Man Gargoyles, Batman: TAS, The Real Ghostbusters, and of course, several TMNT episodes from the second, third, and fourth seasons. Many of these episodes are amongst the most acclaimed of their series.

He is also a highly regarded novelist.

this is terriable. I was rewatching some Gargoyals episodes and he really is a fantastic writer and brought so much for two generations of children with his work. Seriously the cartoon of the 80's and 90's would not have been a memeorable and great as they where with out his involvement.

I wonder if there is a way that we can all get together and sign some kind of online card or something and send it to him to let him know we're thinking of him.

triplexxx
01-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Well, I pray this has as little negative impact on his and his family's lives as possible. These episodes I have to thank him for:
The Mean Machines
Enter: The Fly
Splinter No More
Teenagers from Dimension X
Invasion of the Punk Frogs
Return of the Technodrome
Beneath These Streets
Turtles on Trial
The Old Switcheroo
Turtles at the Earth's Core
April's Fool
Return of the Fly
Leatherhead: Terror of the Swamp
The Making of Metalhead
The Grybyx
The Big Rip Off
Rebel Without a Fin
Big Bug Blunder
The Foot Soldiers Are Revolting

GK Punk
01-07-2009, 05:52 AM
My mother was diagnosed with this disease a few months ago. So I really sympathize for him. My thoughts are with him.