PDA

View Full Version : Playmates Employee Explosion

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Ok, I started a new thread for this because the other thread that this crap was going on in was supposed to be about the 25th figures, not this Playmates employee. So now instead of continuing to be off topic in that thread, we have this one.

First a quick recap for those who are like "What the hell is Archon talking about?!?!"

So Vaughn made a comment about the 25th anniversary box art. It wasn't anything uncalled for, or out of the norm for us elitists :-P

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=661562&postcount=172

In steps a newish member of our forum, whom explodes all over our faces with rant sauce, claiming to be somehow connected to the product:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=661638&postcount=176

Many of us step up for Vaughn (hence sending that thread spiraling out of control toward off-topic land), you can scroll through yourself if you want to read what various people said.

I, along with a select few, sent very appropriate e-mails to the Human Resources department at Playmates. Mine went something like this:

I sent a similar email to Paula and then discovered this e-mail address. I just wanted to point out that someone in your art department (at least they claim to be) flipped out on thetechnodrome.com forum over a comment about the box art of the 25th anniversary turtles. I know you guys don't like seeing your employees rant in public spaces as much as we the public hate getting flipped out on. I wanted to bring the post to your attention so that you could conduct the appropriate investigation and take responsible action if indeed this turns out to be someone from your camp. You'll find the post in the link below. I understand that, as an internal HR department, you cannot share the process or findings of your investigations with me or other public parties. However, I would ask that you simply let me know that you will indeed look into the matter to the best of your ability, and take whatever action you feel is most appropriate for this brutal verbal assault.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=661638&postcount=176

Thank You,
Stephan Reese

In order to cover all the bases, I also sent it off to the appropriate Playmates liasion at Mirage.

A Playmates HR rep got back to me this morning. Because I am respectful of professional e-mail confidentiality agreements, I am not going to paste word for word what the Playmates HR representative sent me regarding our friend the angry artist. However, I will tell you that they were extremely polite, concerned, and grateful that this issue was brought to their attention and assured me that they would look into it and take the appropriate action.

I sent back a big thank you as well as some suggestions as to how they may go about tracking the person down.

So that is the story so far. If people want to continue to talk about the incident, please do so here, and lets get back to talking about the figures in the other thread :-)

Samhain
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
jeez, i didnt know it went this deep. i thought it was just a ticked off fan.

Nickokapo
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
A Playmates HR rep got back to me this morning. Because I am respectful of professional e-mail confidentiality agreements, I am not going to paste word for word what the Playmates HR representative sent me regarding our friend the angry artist. However, I will tell you that they were extremely polite, concerned, and grateful that this issue was brought to their attention and assured me that they would look into it and take the appropriate action.

I sent back a big thank you as well as some suggestions as to how they may go about tracking the person down.

That's good to know, i'd like to know how this develops, that was really uncalled for...other than that i don't think i have anything to add at this point...i'm kind of regretting beating the dead horse in the other thread after i saw people were trying to get it back on its tracks :lol: but i wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

jeez, i didnt know it went this deep. i thought it was just a ticked off fan.

It was until the playmates guy decided to go apes**t on him :3

VaughnMichael
01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Once again thank you Archon and everyone else.
What Tokka had to say in that other thread was very touching.
This entire incident has shown me that I was indeed wrong about allot of people on this site and I'm very happy to be a member of this forum and fandom.

Drtooth
01-15-2009, 01:03 PM
You know, I was wondering if that guy really was an employee or not. Then of course, why would you lie about something like that?

And in all honesty, that guy really should be nicer to people that work at Wal-Mart... after all, way things are going, they'll be the only thing left.

(seriously, we're like this much closer to Wall*E coming true) :tcouch:

Blade Raider
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone else read the title and instantly think Monster Trucks commercial? You know...

sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! Playmates Employee Explosion Event! sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! Be There!

:lol:

VaughnMichael
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Anyone else read the title and instantly think Monster Trucks commercial? You know...

sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! Playmates Employee Explosion Event! sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! Be There!

:lol:
I'd so be there.:lol:

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
You know, I was wondering if that guy really was an employee or not. Then of course, why would you lie about something like that?

And in all honesty, that guy really should be nicer to people that work at Wal-Mart... after all, way things are going, they'll be the only thing left.

(seriously, we're like this much closer to Wall*E coming true) :tcouch:

You know, I got into a similar argument with my sister the other day. Shes a corporate executive type that feels that you are nobody unless youre an executive or a doctor or a lawyer.

People have to realize that no matter what your job is...you serve an integral role in society. Someone has to be the janitors, and the burger flippers, and the garders...and you know what? God bless those people. Because I promise you that they pour more of themselves into their jobs then any corporate schmuck on wallstreet ever has.

Kendamu
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
You know, I got into a similar argument with my sister the other day. Shes a corporate executive type that feels that you are nobody unless youre an executive or a doctor or a lawyer.

People have to realize that no matter what your job is...you serve an integral role in society. Someone has to be the janitors, and the burger flippers, and the garders...and you know what? God bless those people. Because I promise you that they pour more of themselves into their jobs then any corporate schmuck on wallstreet ever has.
If you don't appreciate them, you'll be accosted by a group of caterers led by Edward Norton and Brad Pitt with a knife and a rubber band and told to stop investigating their underground boxing clubs.

ToSte
01-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I hope that wasn't really a Playmates EE. If it was they definitely need to learn how to take criticism a little better. VM does have a tendency to come off negatively, but I believe he means well.

On a side note, Archon, how many times must I tell you to stop watching adult films when you're posting in an all ages forum?
In steps a newish member of our forum, whom explodes all over our faces with rant sauce, claiming to be somehow connected to the product:

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I hope that wasn't really a Playmates EE. If it was they definitely need to learn how to take criticism a little better. VM does have a tendency to come off negatively, but I believe he means well.

On a side note, Archon, how many times must I tell you to stop watching adult films when you're posting in an all ages forum?

haha, cute.

Buffy
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Wow I guess someone forget to take his medicine. :roll: I hope he keeps his word and stays away from the forum. That rant was very uncalled for.

*gives Vaughn a big hug*

Chrissie Terrapin
01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
we all love you Vaughn!^^

VaughnMichael
01-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Well gosh, I love u guys back *group huggz*

Ninjinister
01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
We take care of our own here, dude.

IamtheKnight
01-15-2009, 05:20 PM
I want a group hug too :) That guy was such a noob...

Vegita-San
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
No offense, Arch, but that sounds like a total form email from Playmates, pretty much all they ever send out.

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
No offense, Arch, but that sounds like a total form email from Playmates, pretty much all they ever send out.

Actually it wasn't, as I said, I paraphrased due to e-mail confidentiality agreement on their end.

Roseangelo
01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I also sent an email to Playmates' HR department concerning this incident. I did not receive a reply, but I didn't request one, either. But hopefully getting more than one email about it gave them extra encouragement to take care of the situation.

BoggleKng
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Seats so cheap because all you need is the edge!!!! $10 and all the rant sauce you can handle... Rock on, VM... Thanks for the update, Arch...

Nick Kell
01-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Well gosh, I love u guys back *group huggz*
I don't love you. If the internet was around when I was a kid, growing up with the Turtles, and I encountered someone like you, I probably would have stayed the hell away.

Jester
01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Armagon, is that you?

Spitfire
01-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't love you. If the internet was around when I was a kid, growing up with the Turtles, and I encountered someone like you, I probably would have stayed the hell away.

I'd probably call you a douche bag, to your face. Since I can't though I'll call you one in text, douche bag.

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Armagon, is that you?

If it is, he'd do well to behave himself if he'd like to stick around here...Rules are different around these parts, and IP banning is easy here.

GK Punk
01-15-2009, 11:34 PM
...Who is armagon?

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-15-2009, 11:36 PM

Everyone's trying to make their way in the world, so everyone needs to show some respect. Knocking someone down because of their job and being all high and mighty is uncalled for.

What went on in the other thread was shocking. I know people on here sometimes rip on each other, but I'd like to think that there is some respect and if nothing else everyone can at least find some kind of common ground as fans of the Ninja Turtles.

Machias Banshee
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
*reads subject of thread* Holy cow... Can I have his job? I promise I'll not throw tantrums at people... I'll even send a Resume!!

GK: Armaggon was a major troll on Murphy's fifth turtle blog. It got to the point where Murphy shut down the comments feature, and stopped posting all together...

Jester
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
...Who is armagon?
Poster on Murph's blog...caused trouble for Steve and the fans who posted there.

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 11:41 PM
...Who is armagon?

Armaggon is the primary reason why Steve Murphy shut down the 5th turtle blog. He is basically the anti-fan. He never had anything posative to say about anything, and would CONSTANTLY bash both Steve and Peter Laird via their blogs. As blogger isnt very good about being able to stop someone from posting...Steve just shut it down

EDIT: I would bet anything that Nick Kell is Armaggon based on this post: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=633331&postcount=82

Ninjinister
01-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Poster on Murph's blog...caused trouble for Steve and the fans who posted there.

Vaughn's plight with DonsAssistant actually reminds me of my own trouble with Armaggon (the board lurker, of course, not the totally awesome Adventures character). The attack was unprovoked, full of malice, revealed that the attacker knew little to nothing about the defendant, and everyone backed the defendant immensely. There are, of course, many variables that indicate difference.

Archon_Turtle
01-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Vaughn's plight with DonsAssistant actually reminds me of my own trouble with Armaggon (the board lurker, of course, not the totally awesome Adventures character). The attack was unprovoked, full of malice, revealed that the attacker knew little to nothing about the defendant, and everyone backed the defendant immensely. There are, of course, many variables that indicate difference.

He is worthless garbage. I took comfort in the fact that his filth hadn't tainted these boards yet. My stomach is churning knowing that he is here now. Spider senses going crazy if you will.

Ninjinister
01-16-2009, 12:06 AM
He is worthless garbage. I took comfort in the fact that his filth hadn't tainted these boards yet. My stomach is churning knowing that he is here now. Spider senses going crazy if you will.

He posted a while ago saying that Murph was "kind of a douche", and I think people pegged him as Armaggon then.

Archon_Turtle
01-16-2009, 12:08 AM
He posted a while ago saying that Murph was "kind of a douche", and I think people pegged him as Armaggon then.

yeah, thats the thread I linked above.

Ninjinister
01-16-2009, 12:10 AM
yeah, thats the thread I linked above.

Ha ha, didn't see that you'd added that link. Good show.

(Psst, Stephan, it's Stephen and not Steven. I didn't shut down his blog ;) )

tOkKa
01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/367386500_f1d385599d.jpg

Archon_Turtle
01-16-2009, 01:01 AM
you and your picture responses Dave. I swear :roll:
<3<3

Chrissie Terrapin
01-16-2009, 02:31 AM
I just found my car<3

I hate people that are there just for ruining the mood and just be an complete ass,
I can't stand them at all

Leonardo19
01-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Again I normally stay out of stuff like this but I think its cool everyone stuck together.

Chrissie Terrapin
01-16-2009, 06:02 AM
we're all one big happy family^_^

Hero
01-16-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm glad to hear this has been handled professionally.

===HERO

Nick Kell
01-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Armagon, is that you?
No, just someone who's far enough away from the situation to have a real world perspective on things.

Ninjinister
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
No, just someone who's far enough away from the situation to have a real world perspective on things.

I'm sorry, but that makes no flippin' sense. Most of us have real world perspectives on things.

Machias Banshee
01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Nick, Armaggon, whomever you are...

You may not like some stuff about the franchise, but you have to adhere to the rules just like everyone else. No personal attacks are allowed on here, period. If you want to throw douches and assholes around, you can go somewhere else...

AS for the situation with the employee, I'm glad it's been taken care of. We always try to welcome people from the franchise, we just ask them to follow the rules of the forums as well...

So, shall we close this thread?

VaughnMichael
01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I'd honestly like to keep it open to see if anything comes from the letters being sent out, but if you feel that you must close it I don't mind.
I also feel the need to reply to this even though I shouldn't but whatever.
You know I don't mind if you don't like me honestly, but to make comments about children and myself like that is out of line.

Archon_Turtle
01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Nick, Armaggon, whomever you are...

You may not like some stuff about the franchise, but you have to adhere to the rules just like everyone else. No personal attacks are allowed on here, period. If you want to throw douches and assholes around, you can go somewhere else...

AS for the situation with the employee, I'm glad it's been taken care of. We always try to welcome people from the franchise, we just ask them to follow the rules of the forums as well...

So, shall we close this thread?

You may if you like hun. As I stated earlier , I just made it in an attempt to try to salvage the other thread.

Kendamu
01-16-2009, 11:51 AM
He never had anything posative to say about anything...

Ironically, I've seen plenty of people who would be considered some sort of Super Fan who do the same thing every time I see them.

NoPressApril
01-16-2009, 12:07 PM

Dude just email Vaughn again. He swears that he did mail the signed 8X10 photo that you asked for. He also says he signed it exactly like you requested, "To my #1 Fan, many many hugs, Vaughn". Give it a little more time. No need to get pissy just yet, if it doesn't show up i'm sure he'll send another one.:)

Machias Banshee
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
alrighty folks... let's play nice and let this rest. ;)