PDA

View Full Version : Worth a laugh... TMNT25 press release..

Vegita-San
01-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I'd LOVE to see someone put together a REAL 25th anniversary website, just to show that the fans can do one better..

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=BW&Date=20081231&ID=9480882&Symbol=KDE

This is my favorite part of the article...
'“TMNT25.com is a place where fans can go to relive 25 years of our shell-kicking ninja action, as well as get updated on the events being held throughout 2009,” said Gary Richardson, CEO, Mirage Studios. “The site is dedicated to keeping in touch with the most important people – our fans. We hope that with this resource, our fans will be plugged-in throughout the year as we party together in true TMNT style.” '

Way to keep the fans happy, Gary :). A Crappy anniversary website, no new episodes for the best turtle show ever, killing the artists salary for anniversary work among other things, no new Playmates toys, and low fan moral thanks to all your decisions :).

Jester
01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Since it's been questioned of late, can this be considered the definition of "Irony"?

EDIT: Question: Couldn't the "Official Site" (http://www.ninjaturtles.com) have doubled as the TMNT 25th site and saved the company some...dare I say it..."green"?

Further EDIT: Anyone notice this:
However, it will also mark the beginning of the next chapter in TMNT history.
What exactly is that, the Death and Funeral of the TMNT?

Kendamu
01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
The Turtles are comic characters. Comic characters never stay dead. Well, 'cept for the ones who die as part of an origin like Uncle Ben.

Archon_Turtle
01-21-2009, 02:03 PM
The Turtles are comic characters. Comic characters never stay dead. Well, 'cept for the ones who die as part of an origin like Uncle Ben.

He DOES make excellent rice though :-P

Kendamu
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Ack! Maybe I should'a said "The Waynes" instead.

Jester
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Aren't they the brothers who make spoof comedies?? Oh that's the Wayans Brothers

Buslady
01-21-2009, 11:22 PM
I want to see this bus the article speaks of...I doubt it's a bus, probably a cheesy RV with cheesier graphics on the side.

Ryona
01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
no new episodes for the best turtle show ever

Best turtle show ever?
What do you mean by that? As in the best show about a turtle (or group of turtles)? The only other show I can think of that revolves around a turtle is Franklin the Turtle.
And which TMNT show are you refering to? There's a couple by now.
There's the awesome original 80s series, the crappy "Next Mutation" one, the badass 2k3 series, and all the garbage spinoffs that came afterwards.

Weapon X
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
no new Playmates toy's.

Is anyone really sad about that? Or is this for people who want them to re-release more figures in the 25th Anniversary line?

And your talking about the series that's on right now, right? "Back To The Sewers"? That's a pretty bold statement.

cup-mikey-gertha
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
and all the garbage spinoffs that came afterwards.

Very well said...

:lol:

LeoNerdo
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
franklin was pretty cool i didnt know he had a series tho :lol:

Candy Kappa
01-29-2009, 05:57 PM

well Splinter is dead is he not? and the original cap america, and a bunch of other originals that some other younger punk have gotten simmilar powers and snags the name.

Buslady
02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
thank god for the art, fans, fan stories, and everything else fan made.
cos the "official" seems to suck bad right now. :(

Kendamu
02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
well Splinter is dead is he not? and the original cap america, and a bunch of other originals that some other younger punk have gotten simmilar powers and snags the name.
Thank you for taking me literally instead of just laughing at a joke related to comic book stereotypes.