PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Shredder wil die in "The Forever War?"

CyberCubed
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
As far as I remember, although I could be wrong since I haven't read Archie in a very long time, Shredder never had closure in the series. In the "Year of the Turtle" mini-series we see them fight him one last time, but I don't know if that's in continuity with the main Archie series.

Do you think Shredder will be killed off in the climax of the Archie series, given in the old adverts we see him holding a knocked-out future Don in his arms.

DMC362
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Since the story was taking place in an alternate time line maybe he will die in the changed time line but when everything is fixed he will still be alive in the time line once everything gets back to normal.

I am basing this off of the info that was released about the story a few years ago so I could be totally wrong about the whole time line changing. As they could go a diffent direction with the story now.

Andrew NDB
02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
In the "Year of the Turtle" mini-series we see them fight him one last time, but I don't know if that's in continuity with the main Archie series.

It's supposed to have been.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Shredder in time was discussed here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=24915.

darthsmozers
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Shredder in time was discussed here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=24915.

woo, that thread is a doosy to read haha.

Coola Yagami
02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Probably captured for good or trapped in some dimension/timeline/whatever where he won't cause anyone any more harm. I don't think many villians die in the Archie series. Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady got taken care off without killing them off, it would seem kinda weird to kill Shredder for good. At least in the Archie series.

If Null is in this, he also should be dealt with. I'm sure maligna was finished off right? Aren't Nul and Shredder the only 2 major villians left?

darthsmozers
02-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Probably captured for good or trapped in some dimension/timeline/whatever where he won't cause anyone any more harm. I don't think many villians die in the Archie series. Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady got taken care off without killing them off, it would seem kinda weird to kill Shredder for good. At least in the Archie series.

If Null is in this, he also should be dealt with. I'm sure maligna was finished off right? Aren't Nul and Shredder the only 2 major villians left?

Maligna's homeworld fell into the Sun, right?

Scandia
02-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Oroku Saki perhaps. But the Shredder persona will likely live on.

02-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Yes. Slash offered his own life to send Malinga to the sunniest holiday vacation ever...

Andrew NDB
02-07-2009, 02:23 PM

I thought that was just her ship?

02-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I thought that was just her ship?

All her kids lived there, so it worked as her homeworld too.