PDA

View Full Version : Complete movie collection on Blu-Ray in August?

TristanHuwJones
02-09-2009, 12:25 AM
People seen this?

http://tmnt.warnerbros.com/

Dragon Turtle
02-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Any extra features to be found in this collection?

sdp
02-09-2009, 12:39 AM
They are only releasing it because Mirage knows DVD is a dead format and that Blu-Ray is going to lose the HD war against digital downloads. I swear Mirage doensn't care about the turtles, they might as well bury it!

I mean DVDs way to get cash off of us already we already bought them! and now they want us to buy them on Blu Ray as well! all they want is our money. What a lousy 25th anniversary, GOD!

Roseangelo
02-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Any extra features to be found in this collection?

Not last I heard. It's been a few months since I heard anything, though, so I can follow-up on that.

From what I know, the only planned "bonus" item is a reprint of TMNT #1 (yes, again).

And that box art, especially the blu-ray box, is crap.

And how can it include "All 4 original movies!" where there are only four movies?

TristanHuwJones
02-09-2009, 01:00 AM
They are only releasing it because Mirage knows DVD is a dead format and that Blu-Ray is going to lose the HD war against digital downloads. I swear Mirage doensn't care about the turtles, they might as well bury it!

I mean DVDs way to get cash off of us already we already bought them! and now they want us to buy them on Blu Ray as well! all they want is our money. What a lousy 25th anniversary, GOD!

This is Warner Bros here. Not Mirage. Anyone could have ascertained that from the other DVD threads and from what happened with the 25th Anniversary Special Edition petition. DVD is hardly a dead format. Most video stores lose money on Blu-ray because not enough people have blu-ray players to warrant the expense of buying the rental copies. More things continue to come out on DVD than they do on Blu-ray, and all Blu-Ray players play DVD's anyway.

If you've already got the DVD's, why are you worried? I'll be getting the Blu-Rays, but not the DVD's. We can't even get the first movie here in Australia!

I though Blu-Ray already won the HD wars anyway?

turkishproverb
02-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Yea, but indicators are MIrage hasn't been pushing on WB at all to work on the project.

sdp
02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Just making fun of the attitude of this board towards anything.

I think it looks pretty cool actually, I want to double dip.

TristanHuwJones
02-09-2009, 01:08 AM
LOL! Sarcasm and message boards don't mix.

Leonardo87
02-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Wow! they are actually coming out on Blu-ray. I am shocked for the most part because I thought the original trilogy wouldn't be transfered into it. I am not getting my hopes up for deleted scenes because we always get our dreams of seeing them shot down.

turkishproverb
02-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Maybe we should just ask someone to steal Peter's copies of those scenes? *kidding*

Andrew NDB
02-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Must be coming as a result of the New Line merger/buyout.

Whatever. I'm down to buy a Blu-Ray TMNT trilogy if it really improves the picture quality of them... TMNT 1-3 look like sh*t on the only existing DVDs so far.

Yeah, those box arts are pretty shoddy.

gobo
02-09-2009, 02:42 AM
DVD is hardly a dead format.
Damn right. As long as there is upconvert technology, and my eye-sight isn't the best, BD is a waste of money for me.
all Blu-Ray players play DVD's anyway.
That's not entirely accurate. DVD uses red laser light while BD uses violet, so the player needs both at its disposal to switch between the two formats. I think most companies do it this way now, but first gen BD players were BD-only and I wouldn't doubt that there are companies out there who are to cheap to add this little upgrade.

TMNT
02-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Well, most have already stated the obvious. I, too, would love special features and for two seconds, I saw eight discs and thought all four films were getting the two-disc treatment. Then, when my excitment died down and my brain processed things, I realized one was the standard DVD set and the other, Blu-Ray. While the cover art for the standard set is okay, I don't even know what the Blu-Ray artwork is even supposed to be. It looks like the CGI turtles but who knows. And I love that they used the Movie 3 turtles on the right side. And is it me, or have their giant freckles been removed? I can actually stare at them for longer than a few seconds. Anyway, looking forward to upgrading these, if only for the picture quality.

X
02-09-2009, 07:42 AM
This can be a good or bad thing.

Some of the older movies on Bluray show their age.

HD mixed with a grainy picture like the TMNT movie 1 DVD has, would make it look 100 times horrible, then 100 times better.

I will wait for a review on the video of these Blurays before plopping down the money.

Otherwise, I'll double dip on DVD, just because it is TMNT, and show Mirage, Playmates, Laird, or even 4Kids that people do care about the TMNT, and someone should've kept it going.

As it stands now, my 52 inch Samsung 1080p, 120 htz HDTV is too good for the picture quality that made the first film downright hard to watch at some points. So for now, until reviews come out stating that they were remastered, I will get these on DVD for sure, but if they make the picture nice, I'll be all over those Blurays.

Nice to see them coming nonetheless.

doomiscool
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't even know what the Blu-Ray artwork is even supposed to be. It looks like the CGI turtles but who knows.

Lol! You're right, it looks like the CGI turtles put through a cartoon filter or something :roll:

Buslady
02-09-2009, 09:07 AM
omg that box art is crap...what the freakin hell?!?!
And they have the gall to use crappy TMNT3 images on the ad. Bleah.

I've got TMNT1 off iTunes, the picture is nice and clear, good enough.

02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
The Blu-Ray box definitely has some sort of 2-color, screen printed look but im not sure if it is done in a tasteful manner. In the end I will reserve my judgement for a non-grainy image like what is shown on the site. You do have to acknowledge the "vintage" appeal of it though.

CyberCubed
02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Where is my TMNT 5, dammit!

johnnyblaze
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
omg that box art is crap...what the freakin hell?!?!
And they have the gall to use crappy TMNT3 images on the ad. Bleah.

I've got TMNT1 off iTunes, the picture is nice and clear, good enough.

I asked about this at the Con this weekend and its not the final cover and apparently the big rumor is that they are considering those special features everyone has been pressing for to be on the Blu Ray.

Cipher
02-09-2009, 11:17 AM

I mean DVDs way to get cash off of us already we already bought them! and now they want us to buy them on Blu Ray as well! all they want is our money. What a lousy 25th anniversary, GOD!That was pretty funny.

If I owned a Blu-Ray player, I might consider these.

syk_skillz
02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
*Sees TMNT 3 Turtles*
*Throws up*
*Sees Box Art*
*Throws up some more*

Buslady
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I asked about this at the Con this weekend and its not the final cover and apparently the big rumor is that they are considering those special features everyone has been pressing for to be on the Blu Ray.

All they are, rumors.
I wont believe it til I see it, hold it in my hands that there are all those rough cuts, behind the scenes ,etc and director's cut...in my hands. thats what it needs to be...director's cut!!!

johnnyblaze
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
All they are, rumors.
I wont believe it til I see it, hold it in my hands that there are all those rough cuts, behind the scenes ,etc and director's cut...in my hands. thats what it needs to be...director's cut!!!

I know and I agree I'm just repeating what I was told when I asked Gary at the Playmates booth.

Spitfire
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Great I'm forced to own Turtles 3. Oh well I told you guys it'd happen eventually.

CyberCubed
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
TMNT 3 > TMNT 2.

TMNT 2 is liked more because of the nostalgic campy value and Vanilla Ice.

Kendamu
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
TMNT 3 > TMNT 2.

No. I just like the costumes and jokes better in TMNT2. I could do without Vanilla Ice; and I grew up with that junk.

Spitfire
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
TMNT 3 > TMNT 2.

TMNT 2 is liked more because it has higher production value, better dialogue, better villains, and the voice acting isn't painful to listen to. Turtles 3 could be a made for TV movie.

And no one likes turtles 2 for Vanilla Ice, he's in the movie for like 4 minutes.

CyberCubed
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
That is true. I never liked the costumes in Movie 3 as much as the first two.

TMNT 3 always seemed to have a better plot overall though. As well as some good character moments with Raph/Yoshi, Mike/Mitsu, and Apri/Whit.

TMNT 2 was pretty much about Shredder taking his revenge with his own mutants, and then just winding up defeated in the end.

Jester
02-09-2009, 04:36 PM
That I can agree with...and heck I'm a time travel nut so of course I like TMNT 3 moire than most.

Dragon Turtle
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
All they are, rumors.

At least as far as what Dan Berger and Mirage know about these collections, there will be no new extras included.

Tinuvielsdreams
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
That I can agree with...and heck I'm a time travel nut so of course I like TMNT 3 more than most.

Time travel is awesome and a consistent theme in the TMNT universe but I can't be on board with movie 3 because I can't get past the way the characters all look. The turtles make the movie and if I can't get into them that's kinda it for me.

Of course if I ever get a Blu Ray player I will have to have the Turtles its just inevitable

Jester
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
*is glad he doesn't have Blu Ray, imagine the TMNT III Turtles (and Splinter) in HD. :P*

Roseangelo
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
At least as far as what Dan Berger and Mirage know about these collections, there will be no new extras included.

Not quite. There's talk of new bonus features being included for the Blu-Ray set, but what WB seems to have absolutely no interest in is existing old material. So don't expect deleted scenes, the "Behind the Shells" feature, or even something like the music videos.

DK2
02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
So the dvds are coming out again as well? Or are these the ones that were shown a few months ago with the sewer lids? The set woudn't be bad for me but I have the CGI TMNT on its own already. If there are no extras I'm not sure I'll bother. I just get why the TMNT films can't have extras? Yeah the music vids and new featurettes or even old promo featurettes would still do, commentary or so, cut scenes, why not?

turkishproverb
02-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Not quite. There's talk of new bonus features being included for the Blu-Ray set, but what WB seems to have absolutely no interest in is existing old material. So don't expect deleted scenes, the "Behind the Shells" feature, or even something like the music videos.

Ba? That would cost MORE money. Where is the logic here?

d_osborn
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
this has HONESTLY made my day. i have my fingers crossed that a nice, cleaned-up transfer is used. the film was shot on high ASA, grainy film... so some grain is to be expected. hope and pray for no digital noise reduction... and, of course, for deleted scenes. i mean... SERIOUSLY... if laird has them on VHS, already cut into the film! there would be MINIMAL work in capturing the footage and tossing them on the disc.

as for the BD box art... i think the faux screen-print looks FAR better than the "photoshoppy" trash we're used to. don't complain... at least they're trying to make it look nice! :)

Spitfire
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Ba? That would cost MORE money. Where is the logic here?

Actually it wouldn't They could shoot new special features in HD which is cheaper and takes less time then trying to convert a VHS copy of something probably shot on a super 8 camera into HD. HD conversion cost money which is why every movie isn't instantly released.

turkishproverb
02-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Barron had a reel, not VHS. The VHS was Peter. And peters wasn't shot on a super 8, from reports, but was a copy of the scenes.

And either way, special features material doesnt' have to be in hd even on a blue ray.

Spitfire
02-10-2009, 12:36 AM
I was actually referring to the "Making of". At any rate I fail to see the purpose of putting lesser quality special features on a bluray disk. No it doesn't need to be HD but it would look like ass when viewed on an HDTV. Putting the extras on the DVD would make more sense and be cheaper but the issue with that is then why would you buy the bluray if it has less features?

turkishproverb
02-10-2009, 01:00 AM
The fact is that even 16mm film translates to more than the same quality as blue ray, and the turtles were filmed in 32mm. Furthermore, when it comes to special features "incomplete scenes" are expected to be lower in quality than the film itself. Also, contrary to popular belief, unless you simply do a horrible job of connecting your player, standard definition does not "look like ass" on an HD TV, as illustrated by the fact even most cable is STILL transmitted that way, and can be viewed easily and with fine quality on an HD screen.

Spitfire
02-10-2009, 01:06 AM
The fact is that even 16mm film translates to more than the same quality as blue ray, and the turtles were filmed in 32mm. Furthermore, when it comes to special features "incomplete scenes" are expected to be lower in quality than the film itself. Also, contrary to popular belief, unless you simply do a horrible job of connecting your player, standard definition does not "look like ass" on an HD TV, as illustrated by the fact even most cable is STILL transmitted that way, and can be viewed easily and with fine quality on an HD screen.

Yes I know I have several times burned a DVD of DV footage I shot and edited off my computer and played it on my HDTV. It can look good but looking good and being professional quality are two completely different things. I pay alot of attention to quality because it's a huge thing in my major. So what's great to a normal person might be sub-par to me personally.

At any rate I assumed the Making of, which again was what I was talking about, wasn't filmed on a film camera. Even if it was filmed on film god only knows where the orginial master of it is and all that remains are VHS copies.

Even if they wanted the deleted scenes they'd have to get them from Steve and who knows if he's willing to part with them, don't know why he wouldn't, but from a business angle it's a lot easier to shoot new features.

I don't like the idea of it and I think it's stupid but I see why they're doing it.

turkishproverb
02-10-2009, 01:07 AM
He's said he'd be willing. in print. To WB. And frankly i don't see why their doing it. reputable firms have, in the past, used far lower quality extras.

METALHEAD
02-10-2009, 01:33 AM
well sh**** will i actually buy this? --maybe...maybe...

Splinter
02-10-2009, 07:49 AM
They are only releasing it because Mirage knows DVD is a dead format and that Blu-Ray is going to lose the HD war against digital downloads.
No. No it won't. Digital downloads will not encompass Hard Media anytime soon. Not only is there numerous problems simply getting the data transferred at a decent rate... it's also not true HD. Plus, Human Beings are a physical species. We like to get something tangible for our money. Blu-Ray sales are already ahead of DVD sales at the same period. With The Dark Knight already having sold nearly 3 Million Copies on Blu-Ray.

Also, some people have commented on grain. People need to realize that film has grain. And that many directors use more grainy film stock to give their films a certain rough feel. Yes, TMNT 1 is pretty grainy. So hopefully while the film will be restored/cleaned up for the Blu-Ray, they don't try to get rid of the grain. It really looks terrible, cause while they're scrubbing out grain they're also effecting the final picture.

As for extras. They don't have to be in HD even on Blu-Ray. And in many cases, putting old EPK and deleted scenes that weren't properly cared for or shot on film, there's no sense in paying money to attempt to upconvert them to HD. Since Blu-Ray players upconvert anyway. Besides, having the extras in whatever state they're available is superior to having another barebones release.

TheUltimateShredhead
02-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Sure hope Blu-Ray wont take over for dvd:(

Splinter
02-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Sure hope Blu-Ray wont take over for dvd:(
It will in time. Just like VHS eventually finally died.

However, Blu-Ray players do play DVDs.
So upgrading to Blu doesn't make your DVD collection obsolete.

TheUltimateShredhead
02-10-2009, 05:40 PM
That's a relief:D Cool you could come back splinter! Not that i knew before but, i can get to know you now! And welcome back you shall be:shredder:

Jester
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
< digs the irony of a guy named Oroku Saki getting close to a guy named Splinter. :P

turkishproverb
02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
It will in time. Just like VHS eventually finally died.

However, Blu-Ray players do play DVDs.
So upgrading to Blu doesn't make your DVD collection obsolete.

And even if it did, it's easier to convert digital than it was to convert VHS to DVD.

Ninjinister
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Plus, Human Beings are a physical species. We like to get something tangible for our money. Blu-Ray sales are already ahead of DVD sales at the same period. With The Dark Knight already having sold nearly 3 Million Copies on Blu-Ray.

This is what I've been saying for a while. As a collector of not only video games, but certain DVDs, I like having something I can physically have, that I can display on a shelf, that I can insert into a device to play. There's no collectability when it comes to digital downloads.

Roseangelo
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
This is what I've been saying for a while. As a collector of not only video games, but certain DVDs, I like having something I can physically have, that I can display on a shelf, that I can insert into a device to play. There's no collectability when it comes to digital downloads.

I've gotten over the need to have a physical disc present and on display, so I'm in the process of ripping all of my DVDs onto a hard drive that's connected to my TV where I can watch them at the press of a few buttons instead of hunting for the disc on the shelf, fidgeting with the DVD player, dealing with the mind-numbing previews and menus, etc. But I'd still rather buy a physical DVD than pay to download a copy of something. Some of the DVDs for movies and TV shows that I'm not too attached to I'll be getting rid of, but I'll be keeping the majority of them as a backup. However, they'll all be going in a box and into storage so I don't have to deal with an overflowing shelf of DVDs (that are also in prime position for my rabbit to eat them :dead:).

strawberryfields
02-14-2009, 11:54 AM
TMNT 3 > TMNT 2.

Dude, TMNT 3 was garbage.

GARBAGE!!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/klayrbear/Salt%20Lake%20Area%20Tags/dumpsterupro0001.jpg

TheUltimateShredhead
02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
< digs the irony of a guy named Oroku Saki getting close to a guy named Splinter. :P

Yeah! I noticed after typing it:P Hope it wasn't an unconsciously joke on his expence:P Or for me for that matter:dead:

CyberCubed
02-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm going to wait for reviews on how good these blu-rays really are before I buy them.

If there's no special features or anything, I'll just stick to my DVDs that will be upscaled on blu-ray players anyway.

gobo
02-15-2009, 06:07 AM
^^ That's my plan.

MaC
02-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Damn. I JUST bought TMNT, I had read about these BD releases coming but I was not aware it would only be a box set. Maybe some folk will buy em and sell the singles on Ebay to mark up a profit. I really only want the first movie as I have the set on DVD.

But ah well, if I gotta buy the set I'll buy the set. I really want the first movie in Blu-Ray. I hope they go balls to the walls and do new scans rather then re-using the transfer from the DVD releases. Hopefully the quality will be good and someone will use the BDs as reference and maybe make a Replica Shredder helmet.

PrometheusUFO
04-27-2009, 06:00 PM
The Digital Bits now has a few new details about this release, now officially set for August 4th:

FYI, Warner has also officially announced the DVD and Blu-ray release of New Line's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Film Collection on 8/4. The set will include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time and TMNT, along with a comic book, a sketch signed by co-creator Peter Laird, a beanie hat, 8 character cards and more. We'll post additional information as it comes in.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/

Spidey
04-29-2009, 03:00 AM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2936/tmntart1.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/795/tmntart2.jpg

Ninjinister
04-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Four Benvenutos with different weapons?

TMNT
04-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm still undecided on whether or not I like this cover more than the standard one. On first glance, it seems to open like a pizza box, which, I guess, is a given. It also looks fairly big in size, but again, that could just be the picture. But if that trailer is any indication, they have to put all that collectible stuff inside. And another thing that struck me is the subtitle for the third film. It was never, to my knowledge, "Turtles in Time," yet I'm guessing for all intensive purposes, it's commonly referred to as such by everyone else? I just find that odd. It's probably the only film I know that receives a subtitle that quite frankly, never existed, other than perhaps in simply describing what the film is about. At this point, I'm just hoping for decent extras on the Blu-Ray and for the transfer to be done well.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe an expanded version of the collection will be released after the 2011 film, just to make some more money.

TheCanadiandrome
04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
i'm still not entirely convinced of shelling (no pun intended) my money over for either the standard, or Blu-Ray when i have TMNT 4 on dvd already. if only to get the 3 Original movies on disk

gobo
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
It was never, to my knowledge, "Turtles in Time," yet I'm guessing for all intensive purposes, it's commonly referred to as such by everyone else?
Before this decision, there were only two other times in my life that I ever heard casual fans call it that, to which I laughed heartily and said that they must be confusing it with the videogame's title. Previously, the closest thing there was to a subtitle was the tag-line: "THE TURTLES ARE BACK... IN TIME".

PrometheusUFO
04-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Now then... we've got an update for you on Warner's forthcoming release of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary Collection on DVD and Blu-ray on 8/4 (for New Line). Per the official press release, both will include all four movies in the series. The DVD set (SRP $39.92) will also come packaged in a collectible tin DVD travel case, with four turtle masks and temporary tattoos. The Blu-ray set ($84.99) will come in retro pizza box packaging, and will include all the stuff we mentioned before - a reproduction comic book, an exclusive original sketch with creator Peter Laird's autograph, collectible character cards and a TMNT beanie hat.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/

I have all four movies on DVD too (even the Target 2-disc for TMNT), but I'll most likely end up upgrading these to Blu with this set. :)

tone-master21
04-30-2009, 06:42 PM
DVDEmpire has these for pre-order already.

Blu-ray Version: $63.99
http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1466524

DVD Version:$30.99
http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1466514

Here is larger box art for the DVD version

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1466514h.jpg

TheCanadiandrome
05-02-2009, 09:40 PM
damn, $63.99 for Blu-Ray, that's crazy! i know Blu-Ray is usually more than dvd, but $33 more is nuts

turkishproverb
05-02-2009, 09:57 PM
esp. since they're not touting it as a remaster.

BigApple3AM
05-10-2009, 01:34 AM
So I just read a press release about all the new dollar store type junk that's going to be packed in with these DVDs, but have we learned if there's going to be any special features or anything that's actually cool and has something to do with the movie? They've reprinted the first issue like 10 times now and just last week they were giving it away for free. What I really want is a documentary on making the movie, or some interviews, or DELETED SCENES (and the alternate ending)!! If those types of things are included it'll be a must have set, if not then I'll probably pick up the Blu Ray just for sh*ts and giggles even though I don't own a Blu Ray player yet.

TMNT
05-10-2009, 08:32 AM
I feel the same way Ecto. I realize that the set doesn't come out until August, but at this point, if we were getting deleted scenes, a documentary or even a commentary, I think we would have heard something by now. The fact that Warner Bros. is promoting the Blu-Ray set with only the collectible items kind of seals the deal, as far as getting any other extra material. But I'll gladly be proven wrong on that. In other forums I've visited, people seem generally excited for the release, if only for nostalgia's sake. I guess, to Warner Bros., that's all that's needed to move these things off the shelves. That's all that was ever needed. And I don't think it's the first issue of the comic. It looks like a movie adaptation comic (this was mentioned in another thread). As I've said before, it'd be a nice set to own, if only as a fan and better picture quality alone.

HissCommander
06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Man, i got the TMNT 1-3 box set for $15 and TMNT 4 for $5. What more does this set offer me?

After the release i will be able to download the bonus features anyways.

Im kind of tired of all these versions of DVD being released. I mean they will release one, then a month later we get an unrated or "ultimate" then a year later we get another one, and so on......

Gets a little annoying IMO

twopinacoladas
06-07-2009, 09:32 PM
It needs special features the others were missing... gotta agree. I doubt I will buy it otherwise. Most fans probably have them all and they can be bought at walmart for less then $10 a piece Canadian. I was annoyed with the lack of commentary on The Dark Knight and Quantum of Solace. I will likely quit buying dvd's if they dont want to put effort into them. Its very easy to pirate stuff but if I like the movies or am fans of it I will buy them... studios are just to lazy about it. I think just about all the 007 dvds have commentary even the old ones and those were mostly put together when DVD first came out. haha sorry about the little rant ;)

Kendamu
06-07-2009, 09:54 PM
The discs themselves make me want pizza.

Also, the discs look single-sided. I'm all for single-sided TMNT discs. I'll see what kind of money I have sitting around when the time comes to buy the set. Maybe I'll get it. Maybe I won't. I'll probably wait for some kinda review first.

I'd jump on the, "No special features means no purchase," boat but I'm not holding my breath for a cool special edition until at least 2011.

Spike Spiegel
06-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I'd jump on the, "No special features means no purchase," boat but I'm not holding my breath for a cool special edition until at least 2011.

Same here. I almost bought the three originals at Wal-Mart last weekend, but they still have the same ridiculous DVD "games" as the previous release, just with shiny new packaging. I feel like we've been severely shafted in this area as fans for a long time.

Spitfire
06-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Man the boxart for the DVD version is way better.

Also what the hell is this
DVD Empire
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles In Time
Umm since when did it ever have that title?

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only one who noticed this.

VaughnMichael
06-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Man the boxart for the DVD version is way better.
wow, I think this may be the first time we ever disagree.:lol:

Spitfire
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
wow, I think this may be the first time we ever disagree.:lol:
Hey your right, maybe the stars aligned :lol:

I like the idea of the Blue ray box but it's the movie 4 turtles which is what turns me off. That and the disks are decorated to look like pizzas, I like the idea of manhole covers with ooze on them better.

VaughnMichael
06-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey your right, maybe the stars aligned :lol:

I like the idea of the Blue ray box but it's the movie 4 turtles which is what turns me off. That and the disks are decorated to look like pizzas, I like the idea of manhole covers with ooze on them better.
Meh, I'd just rather have the turtles than some generic manhole with some cgi looking ooze.*shruggs*

Jester
06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
So, the general consensous is if you have the 4 movies, don't waste your money on the "upgrade"?

Spitfire
06-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Meh, I'd just rather have the turtles than some generic manhole with some cgi looking ooze.*shruggs*

We should make our own box. It would be much better.

So, the general consensous is if you have the 4 movies, don't waste your money on the "upgrade"?
I would have to say yes since there's no added bonuses and if your like me you would now own the third movie against your will.

I plan on getting the Bluray set but that's it and after I get the player of course.

Jester
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd gladly re-up my TMNT movie collection, if Warner Bros./New Line would add some decent bonus features.

Can you hear me Warner Bros.!?

VaughnMichael
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I'd gladly re-up my TMNT movie collection, if Warner Bros./New Line would add some decent bonus features.

Can you hear me Warner Bros.!?
I'm in the same boat as you Jester, I'm not buying the movies until they release a special edition.

DK2
06-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I just don't get it with WB video. Why can't we get a special edition of all the movies? At least add in some behind the scenes stuff, even if its from the archived media/promo press kits, if thier unwilling to make new featurettes. At least these would give us insight into the films makings. Is commentaries so hard to do? The directors should be given these chances. Cut scenes so hard to add? I just don't get it. Even **** movies or cult films are getting the extras on their dvds. Why can't the TMNT films get this?

Brodie
06-16-2009, 10:10 PM
If the Bluray ones are really remasters, then I might buy it...But I'd be more willing to give my cash to the guy on the forum whos making the TMNT fan Documentary. Deffinately more deserving.

Jester
06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Canadian Turtle is doing a stellar job, ain't he.

tone-master21
06-17-2009, 08:26 AM
I emailed Warner Bros. to see if there was going to be any special features and I got this response.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Unfortunately, there are not special features included with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 25th Anniversary Collection. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Spike Spiegel
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I emailed Warner Bros. to see if there was going to be any special features and I got this response.

So that means we're getting the same crappy features as the New Line release??:-?:-?:-?

Blade Raider
06-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Thank you for your recent inquiry. Unfortunately, there are not special features included with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 25th Anniversary Collection. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
Raise your hand if Warner Bros. just lost a sell.

*Raises hand*

Spitfire
06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
It's pretty obvious the set is for people who don't own the movies already. The fact there's no special features fails to surprise in the least. I'll be buying the blu-ray collection and that's it. I own the 3 films I care about already on DVD. Maybe I can use the movie 3 blu-ray as a Frisbee. I don't know if I can handle suck on that level in HD. The costumes looked enough like ass in standard def.

Actually I'm a tad concerned the films will look like ass in HD. I know the costume work was far from flawless I bet the errors will pop even harder in HD.

Brodie
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
But Spitfire, theres so much definition to the SUCK that was so unfortunately lost in SD.

ToTheNines
06-21-2009, 06:29 PM
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/996/996331p1.html

Now coming in August.... WITH BONUS FEATURES.

Looks like WB grew a brain :D

Jester
06-21-2009, 06:59 PM
[T]he DVD will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $39.92, while the Blu-ray will be available for the MSRP of $84.99.
84.99 39.92 = 2.13
Is Blu-Ray really so much better than DVD that it's worth a little over twice as much money?

ToTheNines
06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Wow, I feel like an idiot now. I just realized that the original press release said the same thing about bonus material and special features... so I guess this isn't that big of a deal :ohwell:

If a mod could just merge this with the other one, that would be fine.

Spidey
07-15-2009, 11:37 PM
There may not be any extras, but isn't it a bit odd that we're less than a month away from release day and WB still has yet to announce anything about the discs themselves?

At Comic Con maybe?

Roseangelo
07-16-2009, 12:23 AM
There may not be any extras, but isn't it a bit odd that we're less than a month away from release day and WB still has yet to announce anything about the discs themselves?

What about the discs? It's basically just the movies, and they threw some crap together that isn't at all the stuff we want to see for the BluRay set.

At Comic Con maybe?

Nope. There's really nothing to announce, and if they were gonna do that, it'd be listed in the programming somewhere (and it's not).

Spidey
07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
What about the discs? It's basically just the movies, and they threw some crap together that isn't at all the stuff we want to see for the BluRay set.

Nope. There's really nothing to announce, and if they were gonna do that, it'd be listed in the programming somewhere (and it's not).
They still have yet to announce "Techical Specs". Just because it's not listed doesn't mean it can't happen.

We'll see. You never know.

Spidey
07-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Take a look at the god awful packaging:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9606388-post125.html

Archon_Turtle
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM

i dunno...i see what they were trying to do there with the whole pizza box thing...but yeah, the execution probably could have been better.

Spitfire
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
84.99 39.92 = 2.13
Is Blu-Ray really so much better than DVD that it's worth a little over twice as much money?

Yes, yes it is. It's half the resolution of film compressed onto a small screen. Even old movies look insanely detailed. For these films though it could work against it being as how there were costume errors we noticed already just on DVD. I juts got a bluray player and it's awesome. The only issue I have is the sync issues it has with DVDs. Which some people have sync issues even with blurays. I guess the tech is still too new or something.

zkarlette
07-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Blue rays are definetly better than DVD's the resolution is really amaizing the only problem I have encountered is that when you buy old movies on Blue ray format they only look slightly enhanced since they we're not recorded for a blu ray format ,they will never have the quality look as a new movie that is recorded to fit the blue ray

ToTheNines
07-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Fugly. Anyone found what the DVD packaging looks like, I hope it's not as thick at that one.

Roseangelo
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Tying into the lack of bonus features on this new set, someone at the TMNT panel last Friday at Comic-Con asked Steve Barron if he did, indeed, have all this behind-the-scenes stuff that we've all heard about. He confirmed that he did, but that still no one had approached him to make use of it. Gary then turned into a cheerleader, telling all of us to start a letter writing campaign to Warner Brothers to make it happen. I was like, "LOL, are you kidding me?" The people sitting behind me were like, "WTF? The new set coming out in two weeks doesn't have that stuff?"

TristanHuwJones
07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
But here's the thing Rose, I know you're saying it's too late for something like that and that you spearheaded the campaign for it, but do you know just how many people DID actually stand up and do something? I keep telling people that if they want change they need to be more pro-actively vcal about it, but it just doesn't happen unfortunately.

Roseangelo
07-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm aware of all that, but why does Gary expect more effort to come out of his words at this panel than came out of the previous effort? WhY don't we now see Mirage providing the information and support to the fans to help them actually follow through on the effort? I lost all motivation behind my support of the previous effort and have not regained it. If Mirage honestly wants this to happen, they're going to have to do some footwork for themselves instead of relying on fans that they don't even like in the first place. I just found Gary's little attempt to rile people up laughable.

Samurai Usagi
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
This is coming out on my birthday.. August 11....I will be 26....so I am mostly celebrating the Turtles 25th as well as my own... what a Nice PRESENT. I am getting this on the BluRay as well. I hope they have some commentary or some behind the scenes feature instead of just a direct port from the original movies.

Roseangelo
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I just confirmed via Twitter that the only special features on the discs are the trailers for the original movies. The TMNT (2007) disc is identical to the one already released. So, really little reason to purchase either set if you already have the existing movies unless the BluRay transfers look fantastic.

tone-master21
07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
DVD Empire has posted the Blu-Ray rear box art:

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1466524bh.jpg

TristanHuwJones
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm aware of all that, but why does Gary expect more effort to come out of his words at this panel than came out of the previous effort? WhY don't we now see Mirage providing the information and support to the fans to help them actually follow through on the effort? I lost all motivation behind my support of the previous effort and have not regained it. If Mirage honestly wants this to happen, they're going to have to do some footwork for themselves instead of relying on fans that they don't even like in the first place. I just found Gary's little attempt to rile people up laughable.

Ah okay, I getcha, although I think saying Mirage doesn't like it's fans is a poor choice of words, as you're lumping EVERYONE at Mirage into that, and you know straight out that that isn't the case. I know from speaking to the documentary guys that Peter had tapes of the uncut version of the film and that he actively tried to get it put onto DVD, as was discussed a long time ago on his blog (or was it Murph's?) but it came down to the bean counters at Warner Brothers from what I understand. It's like the Batman movies -- when they first hit DVD, they had extras, but a lot of people knew that there were way more extras than what hit, and Bat-fans were doing the same as yourself in trying to get them out there (and I'm sure other sources were too). Warner Bros did the same thing with the Exorcist, and a heap of other films, and I know as a horrorphile that people were really fighting to get the Spiderwalk sequence reinserted into that movie, along with the extra sequences. We got the initial release for the anniversary, but then on the 30th anniversary (I think) we got the cinematic release with everything put back and the DVD shortly thereafter. It doesn't just happen with the Turtles, and you know Mirage does try to actively get things done, but often it comes down to the other parties involved. Look at what happened to the animated series and the recent toyline. At least Gary, Lloyd and Peter and the rest involved actually went and finished TMNT Forever and are now looking for ways to release it, same with the Vac-metalized Fugitoid. Remember the Lost Season? Wouldn't've seen the light of day if it weren't for the Powers That Be at Mirage. Wait'll you see what's gone into the documentary too! I'll admit, there have been some blunders along the way, but you can't JUST point the finger of blame at Mirage. I think Stephan has been rooting out the individuals involved in the Turtles at other key companies to get the bigger pictures on things, and from what I hear has been really successful in this. THESE are the people you need to get on the backs of, but MORE people need to do it in more pro-active ways.
Bottom line is, key people ARE listening, it's just that not enough people are talking. You look at how spread out the fanbase for The Transformers and even Ghostbusters is compared to the Turtles, heck, even He-man. They all have their key gathering points (like the Technodrome here) but I see folks from those boards EVERYWHERE, and it's really helped all those properties. Too few people from here venture out and talk in other areas to make the noise necessary to move things. I never see any Turtles threads last long in any of the other forums I visit or stumble across because it's only the one or two people over in those boards that say anything, and half of them are too afraid of coming over here because the Technodrome has a reputation for being a volatile place. This isn't just me talking here either, I had a number of people say this to me at the Con on the weekend. If even just a few 'dromers spread themselves out over the other forums, or made an effort to be more active outside of the 'drome, in a positive fashion, then I promise you, things would start happening, because the fanbase's rep would change and be far more welcoming to outsiders, which would lead to more and more people wanting to get involved. Right now, the only really active members of the fanbase are the very few (comparatively) that post here.

gobo
07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
^^ Exactly. While 50 million Elvis fans can be wrong, it's the way the world works. Popular vote always wins.

ToTheNines
07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
At least Gary, Lloyd and Peter and the rest involved actually went and finished TMNT Forever and are now looking for ways to release it,

Wait a second! I thought Funimation was still doing this thing and just dropped the show! F*ck!!! I'm sure it will be out eventually, but it kills me knowing that it dosen't have a distributer.

Remember the Lost Season? Wouldn't've seen the light of day if it weren't for the Powers That Be at Mirage.

I hate that damn thing :P

You look at how spread out the fanbase for The Transformers and even Ghostbusters is compared to the Turtles, heck, even He-man. They all have their key gathering points (like the Technodrome here) but I see folks from those boards EVERYWHERE, and it's really helped all those properties. Too few people from here venture out and talk in other areas to make the noise necessary to move things. I never see any Turtles threads last long in any of the other forums I visit or stumble across because it's only the one or two people over in those boards that say anything

I guess you're right, but I only post here because I can talk to my friends/family about my other interests. If I knew three or so people who loved TMNT I'd have never even thought about joining this forum. There are some random forums that I've posted in, but I doubt anyone is a turtles fan, or even a potential one.

and half of them are too afraid of coming over here because the Technodrome has a reputation for being a volatile place.

We have some squabbles, but 95 percent of that stuff comes from the people that don't even talk about TMNT.

TristanHuwJones
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Wait a second! I thought Funimation was still doing this thing and just dropped the show! F*ck!!! I'm sure it will be out eventually, but it kills me knowing that it dosen't have a distributer.

Nup. They have no idea what is happening with it. No one does yet.

I hate that damn thing :P

Maybe, but everyone loved it at the time and cried foul when they found out what initially happened to it.

I guess you're right, but I only post here because I can talk to my friends/family about my other interests. If I knew three or so people who loved TMNT I'd have never even thought about joining this forum. There are some random forums that I've posted in, but I doubt anyone is a turtles fan, or even a potential one.

Only one way to find out.

We have some squabbles, but 95 percent of that stuff comes from the people that don't even talk about TMNT.

Are you kidding me? There were a number of threads started in response to uncertain the future of the brand that put huge numbers of people off. I stopped posting for a while because it reached a point where I couldn't say anything remotely positive without being launched upon from all angles. A lot of the off putting stuff comes from how overly negative the most vocal fans became for a while.

GK Punk
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Are you kidding me? There were a number of threads started in response to uncertain the future of the brand that put huge numbers of people off. I stopped posting for a while because it reached a point where I couldn't say anything remotely positive without being launched upon from all angles. A lot of the off putting stuff comes from how overly negative the most vocal fans became for a while.

To be fair, I've seen that much negativity on pretty much every forum I've ever been to no matter the subject. GI Joe, Wrestling, Music sites (Especially music forums.) It's hardly a trend just here.

And the only way to improve that attitude is to keep being positive. If you stop or just disappear, the negative wins.

zkarlette
07-29-2009, 09:11 PM
I think that if the Mirage crew thinks were a bunch of nasty people they wont even try to listen to us or help add the extras

Spitfire
07-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Blue rays are definetly better than DVD's the resolution is really amaizing the only problem I have encountered is that when you buy old movies on Blue ray format they only look slightly enhanced since they we're not recorded for a blu ray format ,they will never have the quality look as a new movie that is recorded to fit the blue ray

That's not true at all. Nothing is filmed for Bluray except stuff filmed with high def cameras and movies are not. Only a select few TV shows are filmed that way besides News and such. Film is a higher resolution then Bluray, always has been and will continue to be.

720480 (520 lines): DVD
19201080 (1080 lines): Blu-ray
10,0007000 (7000 lines): IMAX

35 mm original camera negative motion picture film can resolve up to 6,000 lines.

Sequences from newer films are scanned at 2,000, 4,000 or even 8,000 columns (line measured the other directions), called 2K, 4K and 8K, for quality visual-effects editing on computers.

35 mil is 35 mil. That will never change even if everything goes digital. So far only projection has because HD has yet to get to the point where it can replicate film. I don't think it ever will either but that's a different discussion.

Archon_Turtle
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
And the only way to improve that attitude is to keep being positive. If you stop or just disappear, the negative wins.

Here Here!

Yeah but in all fairness, 99% of the negativity that comes out of the camp is from the same 5 or so people.

Jester
07-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Like me....I hate everything...wait that's not right...:D

Spitfire
07-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah but in all fairness, 99% of the negativity that comes out of the camp is from the same 5 or so people.

Whose being negative!

I hate next mutation, the third movie, toddler turtles, the third movie, the coming out of the closet tour, and the third movie. So much so I don't even dignify them with the capital letters they are entitled to.

Krang
07-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Do you really think the negativity is exclusive to this forum? If the Drome never existed and some other forum was started up in its place, do you think it would be any better? And before you answer that one, remember what happened on some of the official TMNT blogs...

My point is, I'm sick of people blaming these forums when it's TMNT fans in general who are the negative ones. To prove my point, I recently saw a conversation on another forum related to Turtles Forever, and rather than being mostly positive like it has been here, it was full of people complaining that it even existed.

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe in censoring people's opinions, so I'm not going to ban people or delete posts just for being negative (now if people are negative and they troll, that's a different story...). I don't know about you, but I'd rather post on a forum that has mixed opinions than on a forum where I can't say what I truly think about something without being banned or censored.

Arcade Joe
07-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Well said Krang!!

TristanHuwJones
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Do you really think the negativity is exclusive to this forum? If the Drome never existed and some other forum was started up in its place, do you think it would be any better? And before you answer that one, remember what happened on some of the official TMNT blogs...

My point is, I'm sick of people blaming these forums when it's TMNT fans in general who are the negative ones. To prove my point, I recently saw a conversation on another forum related to Turtles Forever, and rather than being mostly positive like it has been here, it was full of people complaining that it even existed.

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe in censoring people's opinions, so I'm not going to ban people or delete posts just for being negative (now if people are negative and they troll, that's a different story...). I don't know about you, but I'd rather post on a forum that has mixed opinions than on a forum where I can't say what I truly think about something without being banned or censored.

Whoa, whoa! I'm not saying it's the forum, I never said it was the forum, or if I did my I may have crossed some wires. What I was saying was exactly what you're saying here -- that I know people avoided the forum because of a select number of people who posted regularly in a negative fashion on these boards, so when new people came here they were scared off by the very vocal negativity. What I'm saying is that the fact that so much negativity was floating around affected the boards from an external point of view. There was no offense intended here Krang, and I'm not saying anything should be censored, I'm just stating that for a period, the overly negative nature of some had a very strong resonance that affected the forum and the more casual fanbase that just happens to peruse the boards without signing on. I was told this by someone at SDCC not even a week ago, too!

ThirdMarioBro
07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Meh, no extras, no buy. Not quite sure how the special effects are going to hold up at that resolution anyway. Ghostbusters looked terrible.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather post on a forum that has mixed opinions than on a forum where I can't say what I truly think about something without being banned or censored.

And that's why we love you oh mighty leader. :)

ToTheNines
07-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Nup. They have no idea what is happening with it. No one does yet.

*gulp* That really pisses on my parade.

Maybe, but everyone loved it at the time and cried foul when they found out what initially happened to it.

I was semi-kidding. As much as I dislike it, I would still to this day be upset about never seeing it. So I appreciate them getting it out there.

Only one way to find out.

I'll look for some interesting forums this weekend.

I just don't think it's that bad... Sometimes it is, but I get over it.

sdp
07-31-2009, 11:27 AM
First review by worlds finest:

http://wfdvdreport.com/index.php?action=fullnews&id=1043

Positive review not amazing transfers but still look great.

And while the box set looks cheap apparently its pretty cool.

raphdude
07-31-2009, 12:46 PM
First review by worlds finest:

http://wfdvdreport.com/index.php?action=fullnews&id=1043

Positive review not amazing transfers but still look great.

And while the box set looks cheap apparently its pretty cool.

Thanks for this!!! I've been dying to see a review of the picture quality, especially of the first film. 8)

Leonardo87
07-31-2009, 10:33 PM
I can't wait to get my copy of the blu-ray collection :).

TMNT
08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Here's the first review of the box set with pictures. I still can't believe they thought, however cool the concept sounds on paper, to go with a pizza box. I mean, as a slipcover, maybe that would work, but to not give the discs any sort of hardcover seems wrong, especially given the fact that if this thing arrives from somewhere else, the chances of it being dented and damaged are high.

http://highdefnews.blogspot.com/2009/07/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-25th.html

Grain is apparent, though that is to be expected. I can't quite tell if it's a major step up from their DVD counterparts, though I assume it has to be. And ironically, it is the third film out of the trilogy that looks the best. Go figure. At this point, we all know extras are nonexistant and who knows if they'll attempt another run at this years from now to tie in with the new film in 2011. Either way, I guess this is the best we have...for now.

ToTheNines
08-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Why is no one reviewing the DVD set? I just wanna see if the box is as thick as the Blu-ray one.

MeanGreenMachine
08-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Is there a way I can only buy the first the two movies?!?!:lol:

tone-master21
08-02-2009, 09:46 AM
DVD Future's review of the Blu-ray set:

http://www.dvdfuture.com/review.php?id=1444

Spitfire
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Is there a way I can only buy the first the two movies?!?!:lol:

Actually I wouln't worry. The Dirty Harry set started out just all 5 and no way to buy them separate. They've released 1 by itself so they might do that eventually for turtles too. The Matrix was the same way. It was only a box set to start.

MeanGreenMachine
08-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I already own TMNT on blu-ray. Turtles 3 was a turd and I don't even count it as a turtle film.

And 1 and 2 were the best which is why I ask.

odupianist
08-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Story wise, 3 isn't bad. It's the animatronics that I have a tough time looking at. But anyways, I probably won't buy this because of lack of extras and the fact that TMNT1 isn't the greatest transfer. I'll just rely on the PS3 upscaling.

DK2
08-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm hoping that Warner Bros/New Line (since their the same company) release the 4 TMNT films as one of those 4 film single dvd amaray packaged sets like the "4 Film Favourites" Matrix Collection, Superman 4 movies, Lethal Weapon series. They just announced a Blade 4 film as it included the TV series' pilot as the fourth film. The Batman 4 movies was announced too. But unlike the Batman film set, the other ones I mentioned still retained a small amount of the original dvd extras. Why they didn't put any on the Batman one boggles my mind. I think theres more faith that a TMNT 4 film favourites may happen as Blade was a New Line film. The WB 4 film favourites line does do all sorts of themed releases like family, action, comedy and horror. It'd be nice to have all 4 TMNT movies in a single dvd amaray case instead of four.

A little *too* Raph
08-05-2009, 01:49 PM
In case no one saw it on gizmodo, you can pre order it today from wb for 20% off ($47.96) Don't know how long that offer is good for

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Film Collection - WBShop.com (http://www.wbshop.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Film-Collection-+4-Pack+-+BD+-+25th-Anniversary/1000088416,default,pd.html?affiliate=commissionjun ction&src=CJP&AID=10280984&PID=3300033)

bloodstainedwings
08-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Here is the Blu-Ray Review from bluray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4096&show=review

Jester
08-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Question: Is the subtitle of TMNT III now officially Turtles in Time?? Oye...

gobo
08-08-2009, 05:39 PM
If you mean "do they really have that printed on the packaging somewhere?", then it's quite possible. I'm suppposing it's probably some word-association cross-promotion with the Reshelled videogame. Kinda dumb, if you ask me.

Leonardo87
08-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I just got the Blu-Ray collection and it looks really good. At the moment I am watching Turtles I and they did a wonderful job of cleaning it up. I recommend it if anyone is interested.

Spitfire
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Here is the Blu-Ray Review from bluray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4096&show=review

What I expected, except anyone who thinks TMNT is the best turtles film is an idiot.

thebrownranger
08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
What I expected, except anyone who thinks TMNT is the best turtles film is an idiot.

Well said. I agree.

bloodstainedwings
08-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Can someone post screen caps of the tmnt movies in HD?? Mostly TMNT 1

Thanks
BSW

Tansut
08-15-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think that review is spot on concerning the movies themselves and which ones are the best. But that's not why I'm posting so this can be ignored.

I wanted to post to let you guys who want to get the collection, but don't want to spend upwards of 60 bucks to do it, know how to get a bit of a deal on it.

WBShop.com is selling it for about 50 bucks right now. If you buy a real cheap DVD to get the total to $50 or more, you'll not only get free shipping but you'll also get $10 off if you use the code FANDANGO (expires August 31). My order total came to $44.44 after it was all said and done. I'll also be getting 4% off of that later on because I used Ebates. You have to get $5 in total savings from Ebates before you're able to collect, but it's worth the effort.

So to recap, get it at WBShop.com, add a three dollar DVD and use the FANDANGO coupon to get it for cheaper than really anywhere else available. Also useable is Ebates for an extra 4% off.

Happy shopping, folks!

ToTheNines
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Is the DVD collection as thick in the spine as the Blu-Ray one?

tone-master21
08-15-2009, 06:45 PM

There are 2 verisons of the DVDs I've seen one was at Target the case was as thick as a normal DVD case and had none of the "Collectibles". The other was at Best Buy the DVDs were in a metal sewer shaped wallet and sat in a plastic clear case and that one was about the same thickness as the Blu-ray set and had the "Collectibles" included.

Here is a review of the DVD collection and it turns out that these are the same as the original releases:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/38150/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-film-collection/

Roseangelo
08-15-2009, 06:52 PM

I saw the DVD set at Target without all of the extra crap in a single-wide DVD case.

Nevermind... tone-master21 said the same thing. :p

ToTheNines
08-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys. I was hoping it was a double-wide, but oh well. While we're on the topic Rose, I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you have the region 2 Next Mutation dvd's and I just ordered those, how thick are they?

Roseangelo
08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys. I was hoping it was a double-wide, but oh well. While we're on the topic Rose, I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you have the region 2 Next Mutation dvd's and I just ordered those, how thick are they?

It depends on what set you ordered. The ones I have the first half of the series is 3 discs, each in its own regular-sized keep case, the three of which are in a box. Then the second half of the series is three discs in a double-wide keep case, which is also in its own box.

I'm quite curious about that "Ultimate" set that you linked to in another thread, but I don't think that's the one you ordered, is it? If it could be confirmed as being unedited, I'd totally spring for it, but I doubt that's the case.

Or, if someone wants to buy my DVDs from me that I have for the same price, I'd order the Ultimate set, then be willing to "spread the wealth" if they did end up unedited.

ToTheNines
08-16-2009, 08:13 AM
It depends on what set you ordered. The ones I have the first half of the series is 3 discs, each in its own regular-sized keep case, the three of which are in a box. Then the second half of the series is three discs in a double-wide keep case, which is also in its own box.

I got this one http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/ciu/b1/5e/d663017b42a0eab475500210.L.jpg and volume two.

I'm quite curious about that "Ultimate" set that you linked to in another thread, but I don't think that's the one you ordered, is it? If it could be confirmed as being unedited, I'd totally spring for it, but I doubt that's the case.

It's not. But like I said, the run time given in the item discription says it's unedited. Just don't know if that's true.

Or, if someone wants to buy my DVDs from me that I have for the
same price, I'd order the Ultimate set, then be willing to "spread the wealth" if they did end up unedited.

Damn, I wish we coulda worked that out before I ordered mine! You oughta put it up in the buy/sell/trade section.

Spitfire
08-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Got my Bluray set in the mail Tuesday and just got around to watching all 4 in a marathon. Tiffany and me got a pizza and powered through them all. The set is awesome, comes with some cool stuff. I have the comic and I don't wear beanies but it was still a nice addition. I like the box a lot as well, I didn't at first but it's cooler in person.

The first movie is odd it goes from looking good to bad. The darker scenes really suffer from grain.

The second movie looks the same all the way through. It looks good but nothing amazing. Still my favorite film out of the series.

The third movie looks pretty good but everything in it is extremely bad. Some how the high def makes it look even worse. The lip syncing is super off half the time. I just couldn't handle it. I made it about 30 minutes in and I had to turn it off. I hadn't seen it in 12+ years and I had no expectations and it was still some how so bad I couldn't bare watching it.

The fourth movie of course looked good. It's also the only one that's not anamorphic so it has widescreen bars. I'd seen it so many times I just kinda glance over it. I didn't pay a lot of attention during it. I can take or leave the movie, typically leave.

Great set though, totally worth the cash.

Fun things I never noticed when watching it before in standard def. Danny has a Gizmo comic in the first scene in April's apartment. Also the warehouse has Archie comic boxes all over it. There's some other stuff I noticed if I remember more I'll post them. This is probably stuff other people have seen already though.