PDA

View Full Version : The alternate voices in the old toon for the main cast

CyberCubed
03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
What is your opinion on them?

Shredder's alternate was decent and probably the better of the bunch, although James Avery was far superior

Krang's alternate in Season 3 was a bit too squeaky. Sometimes it sounded similar to the original but others too high and "bubbly."

Don's alternate was alright, he was in quite a few eps too. I guess I just got used to it after hearing it so much.

Raph's alternate in the early seasons absolutely sucked. In "The Ninja Sword of No-where" I cringed everytime Raph spoke. Also in that other ep where Irma is a robot.

I haven't watched Season 10 in awhile so I don't have an opinion on that Raph voice yet.

Drtooth
03-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I hate to say this about Townsend... but I HATE HATE HATE HATED his Krang... it sounds like a parody of himself. Just watch Cowabunga Shredhead... I hate how he goes "Blehwuhwuhblehbloo Shredder....." trying to emulate what Pat did. It just didn't work.

That said, I actually kinda like Don and Bebop's alternate. Partially because he was Baby Fozzie...

CyberCubed
03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Is Don's alternate in all the European vacation eps? I remember someone saying that.

I'm eager to see once Season 7 comes out.

tone-master21
03-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Is Don's alternate in all the European vacation eps? I remember someone saying that.

I'm eager to see once Season 7 comes out.

Barry Gordon voiced Don in all European vacation episodes except for Ring of Fire in which Greg Berg voiced him.

CyberCubed
03-01-2009, 09:07 PM
What about Raph? Is he the same in European Vacation or an alternate?

tone-master21
03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
What about Raph? Is he the same in European Vacation or an alternate?

Hal Rayle voices Raph in all the European episodes.

sdp
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
The alternate voices were all very different from their originals but I liked them. Not more than the main cast but I was glad that they seemed almost a new take instead of just trying to imitate too much. So yeah I like them

CyberCubed
03-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Hal Rayle voices Raph in all the European episodes.

Did he do a good imitation of Rob Paulsen? I haven't seen these episodes in YEARS so I don't know what to expect.

tone-master21
03-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Did he do a good imitation of Rob Paulsen? I haven't seen these episodes in YEARS so I don't know what to expect.

Hal Rayle is the same Raph alternate from season 3. I didn't like his Raph that much.

GodzFire
03-01-2009, 11:12 PM
In fact, the only turtle who never had an alternate was Mikey.

For Channel 6 People, April & Irma, and bad guys, Rocksteady.

Luke795
03-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Leo never had an alternate voice either.
Rocksteady never did either because Cam Clark voiced both Leo and Rocksteady.

turkishproverb
03-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Really? I thought there was a leo alternate in one or two eps. Huh.

tone-master21
03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Really? I thought there was a leo alternate in one or two eps. Huh.

Yeah, Cam was Leo's voice actor for every episode.

GodzFire
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
turkishproverb, there was one rare episode where Leo had an alternate voice actor. I say this because when I heard him speak you could tell the difference. I'll be damned if I remember the name of the episode though, and no it's not 'Shredder's In Love'. :|

TheUltimateShredhead
03-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Raph and Splinter's alternative voices sucked, im afraid to say i can't recall how krang's sounded.

Jester
03-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Splinter's alternate was Townsend....you can tell because it sounds like Rat King.