PDA

View Full Version : Warning!! Original TMNT (1990) re-packaged NOT yet remastered!

raphdude
03-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

I was in a Walmart today and was surprised to see a newly packaged
version of TMNT the original movie from 1990. Just to warn people, the disc is the exact same one issued in 1997 and re-issued in 2002, but only that a new card slip cover featuring the turtles on the back as pictured on Warner's site, http://tmnt.warnerbros.com/, for the 25th anniversary blu-rays and dvd sets has been added.

In short, if you're looking for a new mastering of the original live action movie, wait until August!!

Blade Raider
03-11-2009, 12:19 AM
1) Old news.

2) We don't know yet if the box sets is remastered or even if there's anything new other than being on Blu-Ray (Which might mean nothing if you don't have a blu-ray player).

yeahduderad
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
it would be awesome if it finally had some sort of special features included some behind the scenes videos - but who knows

NiNi
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I heard about this, too. It would be nice if the set coming in August would have some bonus features - even if it were original trailers for the movies or even conceptual arts of some things. Just something different - anything that pertains to the TMNT movies would be nice.

funatic
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I believe I read somewhere on these forums that the sets released in August are sadly just going to be repackaged versions. They emailed mirage for the info, so the unfortunate news was straight from the source.

gobo
03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
They did say it wasn't certain. It's just likely. The DVDs are all already available, so repackaging would be the most cost-effective option for WB. But, Laird said that he has given then some additional materials to consider putting on the Blue-Rays (though I don't think he specified what). It's just a matter of whether or not WB thinks it's worth the added legal and production costs.

Buslady
03-11-2009, 06:09 PM
WB sucks when it comes to TMNT, so I doubt they will give us what we want

gobo
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Since it hasn't even been available for two years already, it's a no-brainer that TMNT (2007) won't be updated. But, for the others, there's still hope... just not much. While it's not unheard of for Blue-Rays to get bonus material not on the DVD release (example: Superman/Doomsday 2-disc), I don't see that happening.

Roseangelo
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
While it's not unheard of for Blue-Rays to get bonus material not on the DVD release (example: Superman/Doomsday 2-disc), I don't see that happening.

If there are extras, that's exactly what is going to happen. And none of the possible extras I heard of are the extras we want to see.

Andrew NDB
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
WB sucks when it comes to TMNT, so I doubt they will give us what we want

And New Line was much better?