PDA

View Full Version : OT Alternative Voice Actors

Luke795
03-24-2009, 12:27 AM
If anyone get time to could someone make a list of episodes which has alternative voice actors for the OT.

tone-master21
03-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Season 3

Cowabunga, Shredhead
Townsend Coleman (Krang)

The Maltese Hamster
Townsend Coleman (Burne Thompson)

The Ninja Sword of Nowhere
Hal Rayle (Raphael)

Green with Jealousy
Townsend Coleman (Krang)

20,000 Leaks Under the City
Greg Berg (Donatello/Bebop)

Leatherhead: Terror of the Swamp
Dorian Harewood (Shredder)

Blast from the Past
Townsend Coleman (Krang)

The Turtle Terminator
Hal Rayle (Raphael)

Mutagen Monster

Return of the Fly

The Making of Metalhead

Four Musketurtles

Shredderville

Bye, Bye, Fly

European Season

Tower of Power
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Rust Never Sleeps
Hal Rayle (Raphael)

A Real Snow Job
Hay Rayle (Raphael)

Venice on the Half Shell
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Artless
Hal Rayle (Raphael)

The Lost Queen of Atlantis
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

The Irish Jig is Up
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Shredder's New Sword
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Ring of Fire
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Turtles on the Orient Express
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

April Gets in Dutch
Hal Rayle (Raphael)
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Northern Lights Out
Hal Rayle (Raphael)

Elementary, My Dear Turtle
Hal Rayle (Raphael)

Season 5

Donatello's Badd Time
Townsend Coleman (Splinter)

Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps
Jim Cummings (Shredder)

Season 7

Attack of the Neutrinos
Townsend Coleman (Shredder)

Escape from the Planet of the Turtleloids

Night of the Rogues

Revenge of the Fly

Atlantis Awakes

Invasion of the Krangazoids

Shredder Triumphant!

Season 8

Get Shredder!
William E. Martin (Shredder)

Wrath of the Rat King

Cyber-Turtles

Turtle Trek

Season 10

The Return of Dregg
Michael Gough (Raphael)
Cam Clarke (Hi-Tech)

The Beginning of the End
Michael Gough (Raphael)

The Power of Three
Michael Gough (Raphael)

A Turtle in Time
Michael Gough (Raphael)

Turtles to the Second Power
Michael Gough (Raphael)

Mobster from Dimension X
Michael Gough (Raphael)

The Day the Earth Disappeared
Michael Gough (Raphael)

Divide and Conquer
Michael Gough (Raphael)

CyberCubed
03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Why was Raph's voice different in all of europe?

Luke795
03-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Donatello's Badd Time should be a season 5 episode.
I think Shredder has an alternative in Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps done by Jim Cummings.

ToTheNines
03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow, Hal REALLY got better at Raphael once the Euro episodes came around... He makes me puke in the season 3 shows that he's in.

CyberCubed
03-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow, Hal REALLY got better at Raphael once the Euro episodes came around... He makes me puke in the season 3 shows that he's in.

Is he much better? I agree the two Season 3 eps he's in is HORRIBLE, which is why I'm worried.

I haven't seen any of the European episodes in YEARS (I'm talking like 10 years here, I don't think I've watched those episodes again since about 1999), so I'm wondering.

Does Raph really sound much better? I hope so, because I couldn't stand his Season 3 voice.

On the other hand, the Season 10 Raph was pretty good for what he was.

ToTheNines
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Is he much better?

I actually thought that tone-master made a mistake when he said that was Hal Rayle doin Raph. That should speak for how much he improved.

tone-master21
03-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Donatello's Badd Time should be a season 5 episode.
I think Shredder has an alternative in Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps done by Jim Cummings.

I accidentally put Donatello's Badd Time as a season 4 episode, and your right Jim Cummings did voice Shredder in Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps. I corrected the list.

tone-master21
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Is he much better? I agree the two Season 3 eps he's in is HORRIBLE, which is why I'm worried.

I haven't seen any of the European episodes in YEARS (I'm talking like 10 years here, I don't think I've watched those episodes again since about 1999), so I'm wondering.

Does Raph really sound much better? I hope so, because I couldn't stand his Season 3 voice.

On the other hand, the Season 10 Raph was pretty good for what he was.

I agree, Hal did a horrible job a Raph.

Here is a clip from the episode The Irish Jig Is Up of Hal voicing Raph.
8vCqEXZ7fBo

CyberCubed
03-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Oh boy, sounds a bit too deep there. Any other brief clips from those Euro eps?

I need to know how to prepare myself for May 12th. As said I haven't watched those eps in nearly a decade and given Raph is my favorite Turtle in the old toon, I don't want to be disgusted for the first 13 eps on the set.

Jester
03-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Still better than his first guest spot. I wish someone could either get them back to re-record the episodes they missed, or fans could provide a reasonable facsimile.

tone-master21
03-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh boy, sounds a bit too deep there. Any other brief clips from those Euro eps?

I need to know how to prepare myself for May 12th. As said I haven't watched those eps in nearly a decade and given Raph is my favorite Turtle in the old toon, I don't want to be disgusted for the first 13 eps on the set.

Here are 2 more clips of Hal voicing Raph.

zUZWUa4O2_Y

Turtles on the Orient Express
Vs6zz6EilUU

CyberCubed
03-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah, he's a bit better here than he was back in Season 3.

I guess I can tolerate him based on these clips, back in Season 3 I couldn't stand it.

Luckily he was only in two Season 3 eps though, and in the first ep "Ninja Sword of Nowhere" Raph barely had any lines in it.

Nelson
03-25-2009, 06:50 AM
I actually enjoyed Raphael's voice in "Ninja Sword of Nowhere" very much. Sure he sounded different, but his dialogue delivery had great comic timing.

"You know, mornings would be a lot better if the happened at noon." Classic!

I don't remember the rest of Hal's work during the series, so I can't say if he's really good or if this was a fluke.

ToTheNines
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
"You know, mornings would be a lot better if the happened at noon." Classic!

I would only laugh at that if my girlfriends dad said it, and maybe my boss. What else do you consider funny? That's so Raven?

Nelson
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I would only laugh at that if my girlfriends dad said it, and maybe my boss. What else do you consider funny? That's so Raven?

Come on, man. I'm sure you can express yourself in a gentler way than that.

That joke from Rapahel is bad, as are, in all honesty, all of the jokes from the old toon. What makes some of them work is the delivery, the charisma of the character that says it, or even the fact that some are unexpected (they come from the left field, as some say).

ToTheNines
03-25-2009, 08:05 PM
That joke from Rapahel is bad, as are, in all honesty, all of the jokes from the old toon.

Not true, Mike saying "Pork-puss" in the season 3 finale is the funniest moment in TV history.

oldmanwinters
03-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I think Renae Jacobs deserve abundant praise for showing up to voice EVERY single episode as April, a character which was to my knowledge in every one of those 193 episodes! Is she the only voice actor who never called in sick or took a personal day? Amazing perseverance on her part!

ToTheNines
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I think Renae Jacobs deserve abundant praise for showing up to voice EVERY single episode as April, a character which was to my knowledge in every one of those 193 episodes! Is she the only voice actor who never called in sick or took a personal day? Amazing perseverance on her part!

Cam and Townsend never got replaced either.

Sage Ninja
04-14-2009, 11:38 PM
zUZWUa4O2_Y

OMG it's Quagmire!!!! LOL :lol:

Hal's version of Raphael sounds a bit like Kermit the Frog to me. :lol:

Hal's performance did seem to approve in the Euro episodes though.

Personally I don't know why they had Townsend Coleman alternate for established characters so much. I love Townsend, but he was way off with his Krang and Shredder interpertations. Amazinly I think only his take on Splinter's alternate was dead on and good IMO.

JoeD80
04-27-2009, 06:02 PM

One of the issues was that TMNT was one of the few cartoons where every single script was recorded with everyone in the room from beginning to end instead of having lines recorded separately by the actors on different dates (I learned this in a Rob Paulsen interview); so if a voice actor couldn't make it, they had to have a replacement ready to cover.