PDA

View Full Version : Watches

Archon_Turtle
05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
So I bought one of these two watches (I got the color one, cause I intend on wearing the watch, and the solid gold seemed...over the top?) but i don't really know much about either of them other than they are a limited edition and I'm going to slap one on my wrist. :-P

Anyone gots the info?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/JNCOPosterboy/watch1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/JNCOPosterboy/watch2.jpg

TMNTGal
05-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't have any other info other than what you mentioned but they didn't seem very limited to me. I see those on ebay all the time. The color version is cute though. :)

Lil G
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't have any info... but those are nice.

Archon_Turtle
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm specifically interested in the differences between the two...like were they different prices, released at different times? for different events? that kinda thing.

The auction says "THESE WATCHES WERE MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE TOY FAIR CONVENTION OF 1989." for BOTH of the watches...so I dunno...it's weird.

Also claims that each of the watches are editions of 2000...does that mean 1000 of each style? or 2000 of both? Who knows!

andrewdsz
05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Are they even authentic? Who made those? Could be chinese bootleg.

Archon_Turtle
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Are they even authentic? Who made those? Could be chinese bootleg.

Seeing as Kevin and Peter were both given one...I doubt that very much.

jwiz154
05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm specifically interested in the differences between the two...like were they different prices, released at different times? for different events? that kinda thing.

The auction says "THESE WATCHES WERE MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE TOY FAIR CONVENTION OF 1989." for BOTH of the watches...so I dunno...it's weird.

Also claims that each of the watches are editions of 2000...does that mean 1000 of each style? or 2000 of both? Who knows!

These watches were very "rare" up until about 6 years ago. Originally made for New York Toy Fair by Hope Industries in '89. I have a book which showed a small picture of the watch. It states that Kevin and Peter were given #'s 1 and 2 of a limited edition size of about 2000. I searched for that watch for many many years and never found one. Then all of a sudden they were all over ebay. It was like the lost shippment had been found. I purchased quite a few over time and own four watches under #15. I also have a few in the hundreds and some more in the upper thousands. So if equal numbers of watches were produced, I would say it would be 2000 each style. But I will admit I hardly ever see the colored version. These are definately legitimate watches made by Hope. They also made most of the other TMNT watches.

andrewdsz
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
The colored one just ended for 56 bucks while the gold one ended at 20 something.. ...interesting.

Maybe i will get the gold one nex time i see it around.

Archon_Turtle
05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
that is only because I didn't contest the bidder for the other one. the different between 50 something and 20 something was a single bid.

jwiz154
05-12-2009, 03:57 AM
I saw the auction. Congrats to the winners. Pretty sure those aren't the original boxes. Seller got his info from the same book I did. I don't own the colored one, but the face looks flat. The gold tone watch has a great raised 3-D face on it.

BoggleKng
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Nice. I just know I would bust one if I had it as a wrist watch..