PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 25th ANNIVERSARY BY KEVIN EASTMAN

jimmyjams
05-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I saw this on the Panel 2 Panel website...

http://paneltopanel.net/shop/product_thumb.php?img=images/MAY090875_low_TMNT_25TH_ANNIVERSARY_BY_KEVIN_EASTM AN.jpg&w=145&h=200

Hand-picked by TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman as "some of his personal all-time favorite Turtles tales," this 25th Anniversary special not only brings back some of the "classics" of the early years, but Eastman was able to re-master, re-touch, and with a few very special stories - color them - for the very first time!

About half of the stories feature Kevin's two favorite TMNT characters, Casey Jones and Raphael, the rest reprint some of his favorite all time TMNT tales! Here’s a quick breakdown;

The Jan Strnad Richard Corben “Turtles Take Time” in its original full color version!
The Mark Bode epic “Shell of the Dragon” in its original glorious black and white!
The FIRST appearance of Casey Jones in the Raphael one shot entitled, “Me, Myself, and I” which has been colored for the first time by the amazing Justin Norman!
The classic Eastman short “Fun With Guns” short story will be colored by the world renowned Blond!
And TMNT #14 by Eastman and Talbot will be reprinted in its original “Duo Shade/Sepia Toned” version!
Other stories will include shorts, “49th Street Stompers” “Complete Carnage and Radical” and “You Had to Be there!” plus intros, pin-ups and a few other surprises!

Any body have more info on it?? Had not heard about it until now.

DMC362
05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
I was going to make a topic about this too.
great minds think alike:)

What issues does this reprint?

gobo
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
There was mention of it before. I thought it was implied that it was already available on HeavyMetal.com, but I guess not. I believe that's all of the books he's retained rights to that aren't Bodycount. Aside from Vol. 1 #32 in full color, I can't remember anymore specifics.

Ninjinister
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Pre-ordered mine last night from P2P.

VaughnMichael
05-13-2009, 01:51 PM
It says right up there what's in it...read people read!

DMC362
05-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I will explain myself better
Of chorse it listed the stories that are in the book.
but where are the stories from one-shots/tales/volume 1

I just wanted some info so I can see what the stories are about before I purchase. With issue numbers or book titles my search for greater detail would be easier.

VaughnMichael
05-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I will explain myself better
Of chorse it listed the stories that are in the book.
but where are the stories from one-shots/tales/volume 1

I just wanted some info so I can see what the stories are about before I purchase. With issue numbers or book titles my search for greater detail would be easier.
They are all from Mirage comics volume 1 run.
“Fun With Guns” comes from the raphael reprint.

gobo
05-13-2009, 02:22 PM
It says right up there what's in it...read people read!
Oops! :embarass: That'll teach me to keep quiet on topics I'm only slightly interested in... Or, then again, probably not. :P

DMC362
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
thanks for the info

VaughnMichael
05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
The Jan Strnad Richard Corben “Turtles Take Time” in its original full color version!
http://ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/33/33.htm
The Mark Bode epic “Shell of the Dragon” in its original glorious black and white!
http://ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/18/18.htm
“Me, Myself, and I” & “Fun With Guns”
http://ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/raph/raph.htm
TMNT #14
http://ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/14/14.htm

Hope this helps a bit more.

DrSpengler
05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Since I have all the material in some form or another, I'm afraid I won't be getting this, though it is great that they're being reprinted and made available again. The colorization and remastering is tempting, but I think they all work just fine in black and white, personally.

Roseangelo
05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
All the details of the book, including where all the stories come from, are available here (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=26652).

DMC362
05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the added info. Still debating on getting this since I have 90% of the stuff in the book I thought maybe it would be some stuff I didn't have.
It been 5+ yrs since I read these issues so I forgot I have them. Remember them more by cover than title of story also.

Will have to look over what I have and see if i want these in there colorized or remastering versions.

Again thanks for the help

CyberCubed
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I doubt anyone will even know this book exists. ninjaturtles.com didn't list the other stuff Kevin re-printed.

DrSpengler
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I doubt anyone will even know this book exists. ninjaturtles.com didn't list the other stuff Kevin re-printed.

Which is a little eyebrow-raising.

I mean, the offficial site lists other TMNT media being released which Mirage has no control over, such as the Lionsgate releases of the 80s cartoon (which Mirage doesn't own).

I know that the bad blood between Laird and Eastman really began to boil lately after Eastman raked Laird over the coals in an interview for Heavy Metal (which Laird read and was very displeased with).

Perhaps omitting news of Eastman's TMNT projects is intentional?

Roseangelo
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM

It'll likely be on Amazon like Kevin's other books and he'll have it at Comic-Con where he'll sell tons of 'em, especially with the 25th stuff going on.

gobo
05-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Perhaps omitting news of Eastman's TMNT projects is intentional?
I wouldn't doubt it. Very petty move... It's still 'official TMNT' merch.

Andrew NDB
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Might be worth an E-mail from someone to Dan, who runs the official site. I don't think he receives much/any pressure from Laird as to what to put on the site or what not to put on the site, really, but I could be wrong.

And about this, forgive me, but personally I can't get excited about the reprinting of stuff I've already had for years/decades. But if it means new readers who'd never read this stuff can pick it up whereas previously they might not have been exposed to it... I'm all for it.

DrSpengler
05-13-2009, 08:49 PM
But if it means new readers who'd never read this stuff can pick it up whereas previously they might not have been exposed to it... I'm all for it.

Though, I'm not so sure of that. If this collection is only available online or maybe as special orders in comic shops, it's really NOT going to be available to new readers and casual audiences.

I don't know, did the Bodycount trade paperback or Eastman's TMNT portfolio thing make it into bookstores? Because, really, the only way new readers and casual comic fans are going to find this stuff is through Borders and Barnes & Noble...a demographic TMNT just isn't reaching.

Andrew NDB
05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Though, I'm not so sure of that. If this collection is only available online or maybe as special orders in comic shops, it's really NOT going to be available to new readers and casual audiences.

I don't know, did the Bodycount trade paperback or Eastman's TMNT portfolio thing make it into bookstores? Because, really, the only way new readers and casual comic fans are going to find this stuff is through Borders and Barnes & Noble...a demographic TMNT just isn't reaching.

Yeah, it was all over Barnes & Noble. Probably Borders too. Eastman's no chump.

DK2
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah these TMNT/Heavy Metal books did hit the mainstream bookstores online sites but I believe the Bodycount book is already out of print. Which is odd considering that it came out just last year. Eastman's TMNT Arto Bio book looks like its still available but may be more harder to get as the stock is probably running low by now. These just aren't books that will get huge print runs. Its a miracle that their even made quite frankly. I too ponder if I should get this new book. Only the coloring is what even interests me. Is this a hardcover or trade? That is strange that the TMNT site doesn't mention these books from Kevin/Heavy Metal. Mirage can't be that negative to Kevin can they? Like someone said, more publicity and products released should mean more possible readers right?
Isn't that the same about their apparent deal with Barnes and Noble books in the US? It seems strange that the official site always puts up the bits from fans/readers that tell them like the Tales of TMNT V2 issues are listed and the TMNT Collected Book 1 on the B&N site. So doesn't that mean that Mirage has a deal with them? Why would they not announce this to us? Or am I wrong?