PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Theme Park Ride coming!

Raph's Girl
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/21119

As part of the 25th anniversary celebration for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 4Kids Entertainment and Mirage Studios have given the go-ahead for the development and construction of the first-ever theme-park ride for the classic property, in South Korea.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4-D Dark Ride will launch at SciFanta’s new Incheon South Korea-based indoor theme park, which opens in April 2011. 4Kids and Mirage will work with 3DBA and Falcon’s Treehouse, which have collaborated to create such rides/attractions as Splash Battle, 4-D Dark Ride, CircuMotion, Flying Theater, and the state-of-the-art 4-D Game Theatre.

3DBA is a location-based organization that develops and delivers innovative attractions and entertainment experiences to theme parks, science centers, shopping malls and other entertainment venues. Falcon’s Treehouse is a leader in the successful development of intense, highly scalable personalized emotional experiences.

“We are delighted to be partnering with 3DBA and Falcon’s Treehouse on the design and master planning of the attraction,” said Al Kahn, the chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. “These companies are recognized leaders in bringing immersive and interactive experiences to fruition all over the world. With state-of-the-art technologies and unique products, no one is better suited to bring the 4Kids’ properties and television shows to life.”

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a classic brand that has broad appeal and is much loved by children and parents alike, providing the perfect opportunity for increased marketability,” added Roger Houben, the president of 3DBA. “Our partnership with 4Kids fits the current market trend for heritage brand themed attractions and initial responses to the concept have been very positive.”

“Announcing this newest entertainment vehicle for the Turtles is gratifying on two levels,” commented Gary Richardson, the CEO, Mirage Studios, rights holder of the TMNT brand. “It affirms the Turtles’ staying power, particularly this year with our 25th anniversary ‘Shell-ebration’ activities in full swing, and ensures a new generational fan base will be able to experience and enjoy the property for years to come.”

So now I have an excuse to go to South Korea in 2 years....

Archon_Turtle
05-28-2009, 12:05 PM
I had no idea the fanbase in SK is strong enough to warrant a ride. Are they doing a foot clan ride in north korea?

soccerstud652
05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I had no idea the fanbase in SK is strong enough to warrant a ride. Are they doing a foot clan ride in north korea?

Quote of the day!

Buslady
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Thats crap...TMNT isn't Korean, it's American...why do they get the cool stuff, and the US gets nada? It's crap!

CyberCubed
05-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I guess Mirage/4kids enjoy wasting money. Instead of spending money on animation for the cartoon or something worthwhile, they build a ride in South Korea of all places.

As if most people here are really going to book a plane flight to South Korea. :roll:

It just shows how Mirage and 4kids blow money away on nonsense that instead could have been used for something actually GOOD.

Krang
05-29-2009, 02:09 AM
I guess Mirage/4kids enjoy wasting money. Instead of spending money on animation for the cartoon or something worthwhile, they build a ride in South Korea of all places.
Funny, I could've sworn that two companies named 3DBA and Falcon’s Treehouse were the ones building the rides and spending the money...

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I agree. It should first be opened in the USA, in places New York City or Northampton, Massachusetts. I would also accept Japan. More TMNT theme parks can be built in other parts of the Earth later.

Archon_Turtle
05-29-2009, 12:34 PM

As if most people here are really going to book a plane flight to South Korea. :roll:

It just shows how Mirage and 4kids blow money away on nonsense that instead could have been used for something actually GOOD.

Seeing as Mirage is the Licensor, not the licensee, they are actually probably MAKING a boat load of money on this deal, not spending it.

Go spread your ignorance and blind hatred for Mirage somewhere else. KK thanks.

Type 97 Chi-ha
05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Thats crap...TMNT isn't Korean, it's American...why do they get the cool stuff, and the US gets nada? It's crap!

You haven't heard the news lately about several major theme parks in the US closing down, some before they even opened? Given that news, the last place I would want to build a theme park is in this country, at least right now.

Buslady
05-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Uh no cos all our parks are still open. Even Magic Mountain they threatened to close...it ain't closing.

Rooish
05-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Kind of effing annoying that some people jump on every choice Mirage makes to criticize them ...

CyberCubed
05-29-2009, 08:47 PM
And how many of us ever plan to visit South Korea in our lifetime?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Archon_Turtle
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
And how many of us ever plan to visit South Korea in our lifetime?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Probably not as many people as the amount of us that want to punch you in the face 90% of the time.

Edit: I'm just sayin'

Krang
05-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Kind of effing annoying that some people jump on every choice Mirage makes to criticize them ...
Agreed, but it's almost entirely one person, who you can always add to your ignore list (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

TristanHuwJones
05-30-2009, 01:56 AM

You should read about LICENSING.

Ryona
05-30-2009, 01:59 AM

Woah there.. Just because TMNT was created by two guys in America doesn't mean that TMNT is for Americans only. It's a world-wide phenomenon.

CyberCubed
05-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't even think TMNT airs in South Korea.

TMNT 2k3 isn't even big in Japan, only the original cartoon was. So why would the South Koreans care?

Archon_Turtle
05-30-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't even think TMNT airs in South Korea.

TMNT 2k3 isn't even big in Japan, only the original cartoon was. So why would the South Koreans care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(2003_TV_series)

Read the first ****ing sentence. God i wish you would stop acting like you're an authority on things you are totally clueless about.

TMNT airs on SBS in Korean under the name: 거북이 특공대 Z (Romanized: Geobugi Teukggongdae Z). In English, it means, Turtle Commandos Z. Like the 1987 Series, its series also couldn't use the word, 'Ninja' due to Japanese culture. It broadcasted 52 episodes.

Buslady
05-30-2009, 08:05 PM
how popular is TMNT in Korea to begin with?

Prowler
05-31-2009, 11:37 AM
This is surprising to say the least, when I read the title I naturally thought they would build it in the USA. South Korea? Of all the places they could pick besides the USA why didn't they pick Canada? Or England?

Warhorse
05-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe they are building it out of the USA to make sure the ride works, you know, in case it breaks and people get hurt. We all know how sue happy the USA is, which is one of the reasons why everything is getting expensive, and fun things to do are disappearing.

If it turns out to be a big hit, the ride will probably make it's way to a Universal or Nickelodeon theme park. Wonder if the TMNT ride will be as fun as The Simpsons or The Mummy ride??!!??

Vegita-San
05-31-2009, 12:31 PM

That's what I was wondering. WHY is this thing being built there, where probably no one has even heard of a mutant, let alone a mutant turtle, when Disney Land or even Six Flags is more appropriate?

Warhorse: That's JUST what I Was going to add on. maybe it's so dangerous a ride to test, they have more freedom is something goes wrong in Korea

GK Punk
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Thats crap...TMNT isn't Korean, it's American..

You're right! So let's ignore the rest of the world's fanbase AMERICA IS #1 GOOOO AMERICA.
There's no one in this world but us Americans! :roll:

CyberCubed
05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
So what are you guys saying, that they're testing the ride in South Korea in case it breaks down and someone gets killed? Granted it would be worse publicity in the U.S., but I somehow doubt that is the reason.

The TMNT are ninja's with ties to Japan, that's why the name was changed in South Korea because of the Japanese aspects of the story. Kind of like how "ninja" was changed to "hero" in the UK back in the day.

I doubt any of us will go on this ride in person. I certainly wouldn't risk a plane flight to South Korea. Especially in times when North Korea is nuclear active. Good Lord.

Newton Gimmick
05-31-2009, 04:45 PM
A lot of the best theme park rides are in foreign countries. They're expanding and adding a new ride so they chose a popular property like TMNT to be a part of it. WTF is the big deal? You guys over analyze everything.

Krang
06-01-2009, 12:52 AM
This is surprising to say the least, when I read the title I naturally thought they would build it in the USA. South Korea? Of all the places they could pick besides the USA why didn't they pick Canada? Or England?
According to the article, 4Kids and Mirage just gave the South Korean theme park permission to use their TMNT-related properties. They weren't the ones who made the decision to build it there.

WTF is the big deal? You guys over analyze everything.
Not everyone on the forums is like that. Far from it, actually.

BubblyShell22
06-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I think the only bad thing I can see about this is that no one would want to go to South Korea in these dangerous times, so the only people who would ride it are the South Koreans. I'd love to see TMNT have a ride in the US, but I do think it's neat that the Turtles are getting exposure in other places.

Type 97 Chi-ha
06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I think the only bad thing I can see about this is that no one would want to go to South Korea in these dangerous times, so the only people who would ride it are the South Koreans. I'd love to see TMNT have a ride in the US, but I do think it's neat that the Turtles are getting exposure in other places.

Maybe they will. After all, it turns out that it's not a new TMNT-themed amusement park after all, but an existing one receiving TMNT decor. Such a conversion should be able to be done anywhere there is an amusement park.