PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire's 15 Minutes of Fame

Spitfire
07-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I made a music video for one of my Dad's old songs and sent it to him. He loved it and e-mailed it to everyone he knew. One of those people was the guy who runs the record label he's on. The guy liked it so much he posted it on the front page of his labels website.

It's under July 11th and the video is called Hot Rod To Hell By RapidFire.
http://www.stormspell.com/label/index.html

I thought I'd share this with you all. It's the first time I've had a solid reaction like this to one of my videos outside of a classroom setting.

PAAATE
07-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Cool vid

The only thing that I for some reason didn't like was the driving in 2.40-2.48

It somehow felt a little like... it kinda slowed things down... like the song and the vid felt very connected to each other the rest of the vid, but that little clip just didn't fit... But it's not a major fault, just something I reacted to

Other than that, really cool vid, and really cool song :)

Tinuvielsdreams
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Cool vid

It somehow felt a little like... it kinda slowed things down... like the song and the vid felt very connected to each other the rest of the vid, but that little clip just didn't fit... But it's not a major fault, just something I reacted to

When he was working on it and showed it to me we actually discussed that driving part during the first draft, because I thought it was a bit lengthy too. He actually added some more of the imposed images for this final version. After seeing this second cut the length didn't bother me as much.

I was really impressed by the amount of footage, or lack there of, you had to work with and how you utilized it all. It's still too bad there wasn't more footage of individual band members. You managed to stretch it and find some great additional footage.

Congratulations, it is wonderful he recognized your video :)

Peanut
07-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Internet fame isn't 15 minutes, it's 15 seconds.

Slap-Happy
07-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Internet fame isn't 15 minutes, it's 15 seconds.
Better 15 seconds than none.

Spitfire
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Cool vid

Hey thanks for the great feedback. You're right I agree with you after watching it again with that in mind. Glad you like the song too.

Congratulations, it is wonderful he recognized your video :)
Yeah we went through a lot of drafts. Thanks.

Better 15 seconds than none.
That's how I look at it. It's a big deal in my school to get any kind of online recognition. Online media is the next big thing, or already is pretty much, so they're always pushing it.

Raven
07-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Nice job spit, congrats on getting your video on the site. that is quite an accomplishment!

BubblyShell22
07-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Congrats, Spit. That's awesome that your video is featured.