PDA

View Full Version : Rate the quality of your 25th anniversary figures

shinefra
08-02-2009, 01:01 AM
First of all I know there’s an official thread but I think it would be nice that we rate the figures that we have purchased in it’s own thread just so that it doesn’t get mixed with all the other comments.

Leonardo

Paint: This figure is well painted very little noticeably flaws 9.9

Structure: Didn’t find any deformities in its shape. 10

Weapons and accessories: I noticed the katana blades are to thin and very flexible compared to the original I had, the good part of this is that they are less likely to break but they look like aluminum bent swords. 8.0

Overall score 9.3

Donatello

Paint: The mask has to many paint on it you can even see some bumps on it because of the excess, it even has paint on the head other parts are ok. 7.7

Structure: The head looks like it was scratched on the floor by some 4 year old kid WTF playmates? 7.0

Weapons and accessories: They all are in great shape 10

Overall Score 8.2

Raphael

Paint: Raph has some areas on he’s mask that are not filled right 7.9

Structure: The head looks a little bit weird 8.8

Weapons and accessories: They all are in great shape 10

Overall Score 8.9

Michelangelo

Paint: Some areas are not painted right needed more paint and there’s some spilling to 7.3

Structure: The holes in its arms are way to big and he can’t hold the weapons right (I think every single copy of Mikey has this problem because I have two) 7.4

Weapons and accessories: In good shape 10

Overall Score 8.2

Splinter

Paint: the paint job is very nice 10

Structure: The structure is well done 10

Weapons and accessories: The transforming walking stick is all ****ed up it doesn’t hold the knife, the kimono sucks but I guess it always has been like that 7.0

Overall Score 9

April O’ Neil

Paint: The hair is kind of weird and she is missing her right eye brown 7.0

Structure: Her head is like a Dam Wacky wobbler it moves very easy and it looks like its going to fall 6.0

Weapons and accessories: these are fine I guess 10

Overall Score 7.6

Bebop

Paint: The paint is very good in general except for the dots in its skull collar they don’t match. 9.0

Structure: Excellent nothing to complain about it 10

Weapons and accessories: very good 10

Overall Score 9.6

I don’t know about you guys but I think that playmates doesn’t care to much about the quality of the 25th anniversary toys, or could it be that my luck in picking toys is terrible?
What do you guys have to say about it? Please rate your tmnt anniversary figures I want to read your opinion.

PS: Sorry about my English writing I still have to work on it.

Candy Kappa
08-02-2009, 04:57 AM
mine are all great except the hands on Mikey and Don. Donatello's hands have some plastic between his fingers. and IMO They should have taken the other Aprils head

nofuture4u
08-03-2009, 05:34 PM
the paint on mine isn't that great.:cry:

shinefra
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
the paint on mine isn't that great.:cry:

Well at least you have the originals I don't :(, I lost my vintage toys to my stupid cousin when I moved.

I think I'll start to buy vintage turtles instead of the new anniversary wave; the quality is just to poor in general for me.

though Im still missing Rockteady I hope that he is as good as Bebop. :ohwell:

Powder
08-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Id say the quality is decent for the most part. The paint jobs are a little sloppy here and there (mostly where the necks meet the shell) and aprils face is a little odd. Fortunately for me I found a pretty good april, all the other ones were screwed up hardbody. I dont know about anyone else but the packaging no matter where i got it from had creased corners to some extent.

shinefra
08-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Id say the quality is decent for the most part. The paint jobs are a little sloppy here and there (mostly where the necks meet the shell) and aprils face is a little odd. Fortunately for me I found a pretty good april, all the other ones were screwed up hardbody. I dont know about anyone else but the packaging no matter where i got it from had creased corners to some extent.

Where did you get yours?

I wish I could go to stores and pick them up my self; I have to settle for online shopping and for my friends in the USA to get them for me. But it is simply not the same because they don't give it the same importance that I do, at the moment of choosing them.

Powder
08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
well i got them in a few different places, some from toys r us, target, and a local comic book store. and i cant blame you, to friends its just a toy, to you its value is much higher. same here lol