PDA

View Full Version : Songs You're Embarrassed to Admit U Like

Warhorse
08-09-2009, 01:33 AM
I heard this on a radio talk show on Friday, and it was a huge hit with the audience. People calling in and admitting to liking songs that they wouldn't dare admit to their friends. The best was when a guy called up, proclaiming himself a hard core gangster rapper fan, but while he was embarrassed to admit it, he had a soft spot for Abba's Dancing Queen.

So, any of you out there find yourself liking songs that you are kind of embarrassed to admit to you friends?

The Funny Farm has to be tops for me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HZq62nqE78&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HZq62nqE78&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sewer Bull
08-09-2009, 01:37 AM
That was trippy.

Cure
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm not embarrassed to admit to whatever I like. That's dumb.

gobo
08-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Ditto. .

GK Punk
08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I like some pretty stupid or embarassing stuff, but I tend to admit I like it.

The Stryker
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm not embarrassed to admit to whatever I like. That's dumb.

Same here, so I'll just start posting awesome songs.

rHXzEYXIuWM

Awwww yeah. I love it.

Mecha Cow
08-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I listen to Italo Disco and '80s Pop. If I started apologizing for what I like I wouldn't have much left.

That said, I definitely have my share of guilty pleasures (I kinda like that Goddamn Sonic Boom song from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I am not proud of this), but there isn't much I wouldn't honestly admit to liking. The funny thing about music is that even if it's absolutely terrible, a catchy tune is all it takes to enjoy it.

It should however be noted that Miley Cirus is an exception to this and that Stryker is a bad person.

The Stryker
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I listen to Italo Disco and '80s Pop. If I started apologizing for what I like I wouldn't have much left.

That said, I definitely have my share of guilty pleasures (I kinda like that Goddamn Sonic Boom song from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I am not proud of this), but there isn't much I wouldn't honestly admit to liking. The funny thing about music is that even if it's absolutely terrible, a catchy tune is all it takes to enjoy it.

It should however be noted that Miley Cirus is an exception to this and that Stryker is a bad person.

Atleast I'm not a nazi. Like you.

That's right. I said it.

Mecha Cow
08-10-2009, 03:11 PM
The politically correct term is "tolerantly challenged", you insensitive bastard.

raphael_is_cool
08-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm not embarrassed, but I have a number of suspect likes. Time to trawl the music library...

I suspect a lot of these are from Vice City (and other GTA games. Does that make them legit? :P), and some might feel they're great (albeit cheesy) songs.

I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls
Any song by Ace of Base
Heat Of The Moment by Asia
Shine by Aswad
Kokomo by Beach Boys (obviously just that one song)
Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart
Two Tickets To Paradise by Eddie Money
I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight by Cutting Crew
9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
A Little Respect by Erasure
The Final Countdown by Europe
She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals
Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
What Is Love by Haddaway
(Keep Feeling) Fascination by The Human League
Get Your Way by Jamie Cullum
Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes
Golden Skans by Klaxons
My Sharona by The Knack (although I firmly believe this is a fantastic song and has an amazing solo)
Down Under by Men At Work
Safety Dance by Men Without Hats (obviously weren't at work and following health and safety :P )
Give 'Em Hell Kid and Honey, This Mirror Ain't... by My Chemical Romance
Time To Dance by Panic at the Disco
Magic by Pilot
Talking In Your Sleep by The Romantics
The Look by Roxette
F.N.T. by Semisonic
Two Princes by Spin Doctors
Breakout by Swing Out Sister
Hold The Line by Toto
I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister
Dancing With Tears In My Eyes - Ultravox

Heh. I have quite a few...

Warhorse
08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
It's stupid, but I actually have recorded on a CD mix, the intro music the 80's cartoon Denver the Last Dinosaur. Of course, I'll blast it to embarrass the party that's in my truck, and it is funny to watch them pull their cowboy hats over their faces and sink below the windows.

Don't know why, but they seem to get mad when I play "I'm too Sexy" from Right Said Fred.

The Stryker
08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
The politically correct term is "tolerantly challenged", you insensitive bastard.

Well, I say tomato, You say Gas Chamber.

Roland
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Im a barbie girl by aqua! Well at least it isn't teletubbies theme tune!

Zachatello00
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Do the ice cream freeze, strike your pose! Then you do the milk shake....

Raph's Girl
08-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Any song by Ace of Base
Heat Of The Moment by Asia
Kokomo by Beach Boys (obviously just that one song)

Huh? U got something against Ace of Base??? I love Angel Eyes, Everytime It Rains, and Donnie... Why be embarrased by them??

Asia is another awesome group and Kokomo is my fave Beach Boys song...but Im not embarrased to admit I like em.

I like almost all genre's of music... *shrugs*

raphael_is_cool
08-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I didn't say I was embarrassed. Just that some people might find them suspect.

XERO
08-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey, you're talking to a guy that liked *NSYNC.

GK Punk
08-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Never admit to that.

XERO
08-12-2009, 08:27 PM
No strings attached, huh, GK? :P

GK Punk
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't even get that reference o_O

edit: Ah google, how I love you.

XERO
08-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Meh, doesn't really matter.

(It was the title of their most successful album, BTW.)

GK Punk
08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah I googled it. I had a feeling it was either a song or something like that. I tried avoiding that entire pop scene in the late 90s/early 2000s to all my best efforts.

XERO
08-12-2009, 08:50 PM
You did a pretty good job.:P

*NSYNC had the pop world by the balls back then.

That Matt Guy
08-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Amanda Lear's sh*tty disco songs.

WinterMorning
08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Skidamarink...adink..adink...

u9av8ubvR-A

because I loved this song as a kid....and I still do!

The Stryker
08-13-2009, 04:01 PM
bzLemVrLYVE

THE SUNNNN WILL SHINE

XERO
08-13-2009, 04:06 PM
I'll admit, Corbin Bleu's awesome.

Sewer Bull
08-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Two months ago, people would mention Michael Jackson here.

RAM BAM
08-15-2009, 02:09 PM
From New York to L.A. by Patsy Gallant
I'm horribly dating myself there!

jalexbrown
09-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't listen to it, but I can't deny the satanic catchiness of MMMBop by Hanson. The song is the incarnation of all things evil, and it infects your head and eats away at your brain.

Shipoopi02
09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I listen to just about anything, and absolutely love the cheeziness of 80's music, but the only song I am embarrassed to admit to liking is "Father Figure" by George Michael. The actual background music and background singers make the song awesome. But the lyrics are creepy...

Jester
09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Anything by the greatest rapper of our time, Lil G.

What? I can't help what I like...

RAM BAM
09-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I like Italo Disco - Artists like Joy Peters, Fancy, Modern Talking,
Den Harrow, Joe Yellow. Hardly anyone in Canada here knows these artists.

SassyGal
10-05-2009, 11:57 PM
I like Italo Disco - Artists like Joy Peters, Fancy, Modern Talking,
Den Harrow, Joe Yellow. Hardly anyone in Canada here knows these artists.

Honey, I keep telling you there's bound to be someone around that enjoys Italo Disco as much as you somewhere in Canada...they just don't happen to live with us! ;)

I can't judge, I love the Backstreet Boys and too much Britney Spears stuff. There are no specific songs by these artists that embarrass me in particular, since I like most of it!

Leo656
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
"Mope" by Bloodhound Gang.

"Hey Pac-Man! What's up?!"
"ME you b*tches! I'm high on CRACK! Wanna freeeebase?"

Sh*t cracks me up every time. :lol:

ThirdMarioBro
10-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Deeper and Deeper
I Don't Feel Like Dancing
Do The Donkey Kong
Lovegame

Sword Slicin' Leo
10-27-2009, 09:07 PM
i guess if i had to pick, i would say "Tainted Love" by soft Cell..

GK Punk
10-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I did think of two artists that I get a lot of hell for when I admit to liking them. Pink and Duran Duran.

Voltron
10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Sympathy, GK, radiates from my heart for our shared predicament.

GK Punk
10-29-2009, 09:48 PM
LOL. There's just something about their songs that appeal to me. Pink is a great vocalist and Duran Duran just writes some of the catchiest songs ever.

Voltron
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, the problem comes in when Pink starts singing about breaking up with dudes. Then I'm standing there rocking out in the bar and all these people are like "wtf iz rong w/u?"

I can't understand why Duran Duran has a bad stigma. It seems like a band that's just popular to dislike. Weird.