PDA

View Full Version : TMNT: In Darkness Dwells the Ninja

Cowabunga Carl
09-14-2009, 12:23 PM
After the defeat of the Stone Generals and the disappearance of Max Winters the turtles once again find them selves at a turning point in their lives. Karai had hinted at the possibility that someone from their past was about to return, but how? They had killed the Shredder. His body had lain mashed and mangled in a garbage truck. Whatever was to come they would face as a family.

This game will use the Palladium System of TMNT. It is a sequel to the TMNT movie that came out in 2007. The timeline of the game says the first movie is cannon and the fourth movie, bits and pieces of the second are. Except it was Tatsu that made the mutants Tokka and Razar. The third also happened like the movie.

The main turtles and characters from the movies will be available for play as well as original characters.

This game is rated Mature due to the nature of being a ninja and such. Rated pg-13/R

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=38713&date=1252947963

Jade Green
09-14-2009, 11:23 PM
I like the Palladium system, it works great for table top games. Sure, if someone wants to play a character like Splinter, April, Casey, or the turtles, you've got the stats ready for an online game.

However, I take issue in simply allowing people to create the stats for their personal characters. People need to roll up their stats to make it fair, and don't forget about Bio-E points and so on. Do you have an online copy of TMNT and other strangeness? What about After the Bomb? or Mutants in Orbit?

Now, I have naked rolls for Graysight... somewhere... and I can easily show them to you before I remake her to fit this campaign... but to warn you, she is a psionic, meaning she uses human psionics from the Heros Unlimited.

Now, Heretic 888 had people tell him about their characters, what their strengths were, their backgrounds, and then turned around and created the character sheets for them. Which, of course, helped prevent a lot of mistakes that a new player might make when creating their character but it isn't quite as personal.

Also, how would in game rolls be done? Like Prowl (sneaking), and etc? Do you have digital dice?

Cowabunga Carl
09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
The site has a dcie roller, and the character sheet is up at the site also. I have the bits for the character creation that I can get online for people who don't have the books. It would be better though if they have their own copy.

Jade Green
09-15-2009, 11:44 AM
You might want to direct them to Palladiumbooks.com (http://www.palladiumbooks.com/), then. I don't know if they can get TMNT and Other Strangeness since Palladium lost the contract for that; however, they can get After the Bomb (http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=AB) amung other good books. Now, for Graysight I used the stats from After the Bomb, and used the Mutants in Orbit alternate ruling to give Graysight psionics from Heroes Unlimited (http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=H500).

She was incredibly annoying to create... and then I lost her info, and have been working on recreating her. Like I said before, I have her raw stat rolls, (the ones before you add species and BIO-E gains).

Cowabunga Carl
09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I am using the Palladium system so people can play Shredder/Foot if they want and that way battle is a little more fair and takes out the temptation to have your character unhurt.

Cowabunga Carl
09-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I've decided to just base this game on this forum. So all characters are open. Like the first post says this is a sequill game to TMNT. Also it is free form dropping the Palladium system

moonlai
10-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I'd be interested in joining this RPG, since its been a long time since I've been in an RPG and writing in general, but most of the RPGs I've been in are purely written or a very simple stats system. I played D&D for a few months with a few guys because one of the guys was really good but he kinda took care of most of the work for me and before he could really teach me how the game worked he moved, so in order to join this rpg I would need someone to either explain to me, or send me somewhere that would explain how this system works.

O ok, reread the thread and you are saying the RPG will take place here and I won't need to know the stat system? If so, I'm in, I just need to be directed to whatever an applicable character template would be for this RPG.

Jade Green
10-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Well you can count me in too.