PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your music?

Master Splinter
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I am in the midst of organizing my music collection. Usually I organize by Genre>Artist>Album.

I am curious as to how ya'll organize your music. Do you use any special programs?

Thanks!

-mm

RAM BAM
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Just alphabetically.

Sorting by genre is a good idea though.

GK Punk
10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I just do Artist > Album/Singles

saiyan_monkey
10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I sort mine by Artist. I only have about 100 cds so it doesnt take long.

RAM BAM
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I want to elaborate on my last post.

I alphabetize by artist and then chronologically,
when the artist released the album. In the case
that there are CDEPs with the album, they go beside
the respective album release.

My LPs are a different story, I just have them in a
big randomness :(. I have managed to alphabetize all my
12" EPs. Comedy records are sorted into a separate genre.

Ninjinister
10-13-2009, 08:08 PM
My CDs are all over the f***ing place. They're not organized at all!

Voltron
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I like Ninjinister's method. That way, you stumble on something you completely forgot you had and it's like a free present.

Ninjinister
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Hellz yeah!

Sewer Bull
10-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Genre > Artist > Album.

Also, I have a huge folder named "blargh" (literally), where I store all single songs and one-hit wonders I enjoy but don't necessarily need whole albums just for one song.

Shipoopi02
10-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Usually it's however I feel like for the day, but in my media player, it's by Artist>Album>Song. In my CD collection (which has fallen by the wayside), it's by when I got the CD.

Master Splinter
10-14-2009, 04:59 PM
My CDs are all over the f***ing place. They're not organized at all!

This does sound like a good method... Would save me LOTS of time!!!

:D

-mm

saiyan_monkey
10-15-2009, 02:26 AM
This does sound like a good method... Would save me LOTS of time!!!

:D

-mm

And with that you get to listen to some instead of spending all that time organizing :sleep:

RAM BAM
10-18-2009, 07:37 PM
And with that you get to listen to some instead of spending all that time organizing :sleep:

Listen while you organise! That's what I do when I'm cleaning up
my iTunes library with all the mislabeled mp3 ID3 tags. :D

GuitarCrazyo
11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Her behavior is bad, but the cameras follow her and she has to sell her image. Her music isnt good enough to sell on its own so she needs a gimmick.

Ninjinister
11-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Her behavior is bad, but the cameras follow her and she has to sell her image. Her music isnt good enough to sell on its own so she needs a gimmick.

What are you on about?

ThirdMarioBro
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I organize by using anything that isn't fu*king iTunes. I hate Apple's categorization system.

RAM BAM
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I organize by using anything that isn't fu*king iTunes. I hate Apple's categorization system.

I don't mind it now. I had to get iTunes when it got harder to get indy/rarer titles. I didn't like it at first myself. Like Borg assimilation, I adapted.

Roseangelo
11-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I use iTunes, but I hate their categorizing system so I use my own. I mean, forget to check the "compilation" button on something that has a guest singer on one song and it takes it and puts it in a mystery folder that it'll take you forever to find. Bleh.

RAM BAM
11-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I use iTunes, but I hate their categorizing system so I use my own. I mean, forget to check the "compilation" button on something that has a guest singer on one song and it takes it and puts it in a mystery folder that it'll take you forever to find. Bleh.

I agree that's a pain, I have to batch rename the artist under the artist field
to eliminate artist featuring ..... guest artist.

Oculus Orbus
11-27-2009, 05:47 AM
With my CDs, I use Artists (alphabetically) > Album (release date).

On my laptop I use iTunes, it works ok to me, but i also find a bit annoying that thing with compilations and guest singers.

RAM BAM
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
With my CDs, I use Artists (alphabetically) > Album (release date).

On my laptop I use iTunes, it works ok to me, but i also find a bit annoying that thing with compilations and guest singers.

"Compilations" is like a black hole on my hard drive where songs to die.