PDA

View Full Version : Rap Music

Sword Slicin' Leo
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
For the rap fans.. Who are some of your favorites???

Personally my faves are as follows........N.W.A,2Pac,Cypress Hill,Eazy E,MC Ren,Dogg Pound,Xzibit,WC,Mack 10,LL Cool J(some NY love mixed in)Wu-Tang Clan,Ice Cube,the Game,Snoop Doggy Dogg,Spice 1,Richie Rich,B-Legit,E-40,Mr.Capone-E,Pitbull,Tone Loc and more........

holy_guacamole
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Naughty by Nature, Jean Grey, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, The Fugees.

XERO
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
My Top 3 are Eminem, Ludacris, and The Game.

I'm becoming a big fan of Drake lately, though.

Samhain
12-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Bone Thugs- Mos Def- NWA...Too many. lol.

Sword Slicin' Leo
12-19-2009, 07:04 PM

Interesting mix... but nice..Kinda wish Black Star was still together...

Samhain
12-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Interesting mix... but nice..Kinda wish Black Star was still together...

Yeah, I mean there are tons I like. Too many but I like a wide range.

Sword Slicin' Leo
12-19-2009, 08:26 PM
yeah, that new Snoop Dogg i hear is just AWFUL!!!!!! thats a damn shame...

Hannah
12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm a big fan of dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip.

prescribeddrone
12-19-2009, 09:24 PM
most of my favorites are-

mf doom, tame one, redman, cypresss hill, method man, cage, dr. dre, eminem and dzk.

there's a bunch more rap that i enjoy though. just not most mainstream pop hop crap.

Powder
01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Big pun, Gangstarr, MOP, Onyx, Jedi Mind Tricks, Myself... :tgrin:

Turo602
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Rap died after the 90s were over. The only good Rap since then was Three Six Mafia, But even they started sucking a while back. The only Good Rappers back then was Bone Thugs N Harmony, Three Six Mafia, 2 Pac, Biggie Smalls, Eminem, and Many other great Rappers in the 90s.

Flesh-N-Bone
01-30-2010, 01:00 AM

Bone Thugs all the way!
Wu Tang Clan, Tech N9ne, NWA, The Pharcyde, DJ Quik, Tupac, Eazy-E, Notorious B.I.G, Kid Cudi, I know he's apart of Wu, but wow, I LOVE Ghostface Killah! Do Or Die, Lil Rob, Twista...umm, can't think of anyone else at the moment. :/

Wish Bone
01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Jedi Mind Tricks, Army of the Pharaohs, Celph Titled, Eminem, Mos Def, Wu Tang, Wish Bone, Chino XL, Gravity, DZK, Ill Bill, Necro, Spoonful, etc...

Hip Hop has NOT died. If you rely on the radio or TV for your 'hiphop fix', then of course you're going to be disappointed. That's why the internet exists.

There's so much talent out there. Don't block artists out just because they're not famous.

Bizzy aka Ripsta
01-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Wu Tang Clan, Kevin Federline (our group collaborated with him), Big Pun, Nas, Jedi Mind Tricks, Outkast, Cunninlynguists, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, People Under The Stairs, Wish Bone from Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (check his solo album out straight fire) and many more!

Bizzy Bone
01-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Krayzie Bone is my favorite rapper,I remember when I battled Jay-Z and I recited Krayzies' lyrics and he was like. . ."GOD DAMN I AIN'T NEVER HEARD NO **** LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE!!! WHO ARE YOU GUYS?" And I said man we Bone Thugs'n Harmony!

Krayzie Bone
01-30-2010, 12:12 PM
yeah as for me.. I don't listen to too much rap, I'm still heavily into the oldies from like 50s on up to early 90s that's about it

big, big mj fan...

i mean i do dab a little bit into the current hip hop scene but only for my dawgs like cham, snoop n them... the realest mcs.

its good to make ya money but when you in uh industry thats supposed to be an art form there really shouldnt be any room for no wack **** cuz at that point you just anotha flavor of tha week type **** and wont ever become a legend that makes timeless music for ya fans to enjoy.

like us.. Bone thugs n harmony.

Powder
01-30-2010, 12:46 PM
There isnt enough weed in the world for me to even try & laugh at this epic, epic failure.

Lynn
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I've alway liked 2Pac.

XERO
01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
There isnt enough weed in the world for me to even try & laugh at this epic, epic failure.

I thought you did shrooms anyway according to your sig.

Bizzy Bone
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM

How is a thread askin' what peoples favorite rappers an epic fail?
Keep it moving pimping. . .

Sword Slicin' Leo
01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
****in Haters LOL

R-iZZy
02-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Wish I could've seen this thread a while ago. I mainly dab into the underground circuit. Anything on the radio I probably won't give much of a chance. Not to say anyone who makes it commercial sucks, it's just the probablity is a lot higher.

Pretty much I love hip-hop, it's my culture and pretty much what I've dedicated my life towards. Some might know already that I am a recording artist. Won't get too much into that, but I do love rap, whether it's from the golden era of the late '80s throughout the '90s all the way to the current stuff.

Freshmen rappers that got their buzz this year that I've liked:
KiD CuDi
Corey Gunz
Bobby Ray (formerly known as B.o.B)
Blu
Drake

Guys who I listen to a lot that's been in it for a while:
Royce Da 5'9" (currently my favorite rapper alive and has been for over 10 years)
Joe Budden (one of the most profound, honest and emotional rappers out)
Lupe Fiasco
Joell Ortiz
Ludacris
Kanye
T.I.
Lil Wayne (before he turned to auto-tune crap)
Chamillionaire

Favorite rappers of all-time:
2Pac (easily the most influential and greatest rapper of all-time)
Notorious B.I.G.
Nas
Scarface
Jay-Z
Eminem
Rakim
Big Daddy Kane

Favorite groups:
Slaughterhouse
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Jedi Mind Tricks
Children of the Corn
D12
Geto Boys
OutKast

Meh, I'm not gonna get into this list too deep. If I tried, it could possibly be the largest post I've ever made on this forum. I've followed a lot of rappers and soak up what I can from them. I haven't even tried listing influential beat-makers in this category.

Samhain
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
How is a thread askin' what peoples favorite rappers an epic fail?
Keep it moving pimping. . .

You guys are the fail, and things of that nature. No wat im sayin? :roll:
You ALL should be movin.

Layzie Bone
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM
You guys are the fail, and things of that nature. No wat im sayin? :roll:
You ALL should be movin.

such a hater...

The Stryker
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Why would anyone hate on the Bone Thugs? They haven't been culturally relevant in a decade. They're already in their own private pit of obscure hell.

Now, Hating on annoying people....Sure why not.

saiyan_monkey
02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
My music taste is more into the heavy metal but as kid and even now I still like Cypress Hill. The only other I listen to these days would be Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP.

\m/:D\m/

The Deadman
02-07-2010, 12:27 PM
My music tates is more into the heavy metal but as kid and even now I still like Cypress Hill. The only other I listen to these days would be Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP.

\m/:D\m/

metal pwns

The Stryker
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I will never understand how Metalheads can look down on rap music and it's fans. "I can't understand half of the lyrics!" Oh, so you can understand every word that metal guy is screaming?

Not saying youze are doing it but it's something that bugs me.

saiyan_monkey
02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
I will never understand how Metalheads can look down on rap music and it's fans. "I can't understand half of the lyrics!" Oh, so you can understand every word that metal guy is screaming?

Not saying youze are doing it but it's something that bugs me.

I know I never look down on any music. I can understand mostly all the lyrics to what I listen to but I dont listen to black metal and other metal where its just thud thud thud thud. I like metal that you can understand and has aweome riffs. Shadows Fall - The light hat Blinds would be a good example.

R-iZZy
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
The only thing I hate is when a criticism most rockers give toward rap is "they always rap about cars, hoes, money and drugs." Then as soon as they say that, I ask if they heard the new Aesop Rock album. Once I see the facial expression that reads that they have know idea who I'm talking about, I tell them to shut the hell up.

Samhain
02-26-2010, 11:30 AM
The only thing I hate is when a criticism most rockers give toward rap is "they always rap about cars, hoes, money and drugs." Then as soon as they say that, I ask if they heard the new Aesop Rock album. Once I see the facial expression that reads that they have know idea who I'm talking about, I tell them to shut the hell up.

Yeah I hate that. Little do they know that some of their favorite ''rocker guys'' probably take influence from those rappers that they hate.