PDA

View Full Version : Info about classic season 9 and 10?

Luzmagica
01-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Hi!! I cannot find answers in "search post" ..Can some body tell me info about Dvds of Classic Animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from 1995 and 1996?
How many Dvds had this seasons? And if they had been released for sale in Europe? Thanks!!!

Icebot
01-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Season 9 hasn't been released on DVD yet. But for Season 10, 4 of those episodes were released as bonus episodes on the season 1 DVD. Not all 8 episodes, only half the season. As far as I know, these were released in the US, I never followed the DVD releases in Europe.

gobo
01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Germany has Seasons 9 & 10 presented in Deutsch-only and has for quite a while. That's all I know.

hudemx
01-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Germany has Seasons 9 & 10 presented in Deutsch-only and has for quite a while. That's all I know.

Yeah! Season 8 to 10 have been release in Mid 2007 in Germany, but sadly it only features german Audio...

Luzmagica
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks everybody for your help!!! its more clear now!!
German languague its very far from my skills!! I ll be waiting for the 9 and half part of 10 season in English! :twink: !!
Thanks again for the info!!!!

ToTheNines
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Still nothin?

VaughnMichael
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
I really hope these come out so we all can complete our dvd collections.:ohwell:

gobo
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
^^Dregg has been asking way too high a price, so blame him for the the holdup. :P

Nice to see you still around, Vaughn.

CyberCubed
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
It'll be so sad if the entire original series is not on DVD. I'm tired of having to watch those eps illegally.

VaughnMichael
02-11-2010, 05:08 PM
^^Dregg has been asking way too high a price, so blame him for the the holdup. :P

Nice to see you still around, Vaughn.
It's ok I bought some bootlegs off of mung some time ago so Dregg can kiss my butt! lol
And thanks gobo I'm going to be around more again.:D

cammy85
02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
They're probably trying to figure out how to do this since despite both seasons being about Dregg, each had different sidekicks/soldiers and the Turtles' mutations. Plus, Drewgg wasn't all that popular and any DVD releases might be "devastating".

CyberCubed
02-11-2010, 07:00 PM
My only thought as to the delay is because Season 7 was recently re-released in a huge boxset, so that took up a "release window" for a new TMNT DVD which what would have been Season 9.

God I so hope we get the last two seasons.

ToTheNines
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish they'd get these out before Viacom comes knockin.

Nothing against Viacom (yet), it's just that I know they'll take FOREVER to do anything if they get the rights to the show. Maybe Lionsgate is holding out since they see these last two seasons as a extra money when time for a deal comes, I sure hope not.

VaughnMichael
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I also hope they don't pull a Fraggle Rock with this and release an entire series set and are like hey fans screw you! you want the last season buy this expensive series set!:lol:

Blade Raider
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I also hope they don't pull a Fraggle Rock with this and release an entire series set and are like hey fans screw you! you want the last season buy this expensive series set!:lol:
If they corrected the episode order and included the missing episodes (and maybe uped the quality of season 1-3), I wouldn't care if they did that. Of course, knowing how lazy these companies are, they'd probably just reprint the discs instead of making any effort at all.

Well, at least it's not only TMNT that's treated badly. Even bigger cartoons like Transformers still has episodes out of order on DVD.

Roseangelo
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM

But if you didn't cave to that ugly tactic and waited, the last season did finally come out in its own separate set. :)

VaughnMichael
02-11-2010, 10:42 PM
But if you didn't cave to that ugly tactic and waited, the last season did finally come out in its own separate set. :)
Hah right, I'm glad I did wait but i don't see that kind of thing happening with tmnt.

Roseangelo
02-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Hah right, I'm glad I did wait but i don't see that kind of thing happening with tmnt.

Alas, probably not.

I *should* have all of these episodes on VHS tapes somewhere, so I suppose worst case scenario I'd make my own DVDs.

VaughnMichael
02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Alas, probably not.

I *should* have all of these episodes on VHS tapes somewhere, so I suppose worst case scenario I'd make my own DVDs.

Yeah i have most if not all on vhs's I taped from tv back in the day but I've watched them so many times they are a bit worn out lol.

gobo
02-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Lionsgate dropped HIT and fixed that. Twice. They repackaged the complete series set in a sturdier fashion as well as releasing a seperate Season 4 box. Spooky, huh? Lionsgate being considerate?

EDIT: Oh, and as well as being in a normal-shaped box now, the new Complete Series is also cheaper. I already upgraded because I'm just vain like that. ^_^ Think I'll run for president next. Did they ever lift the stipulation about magical wall-dwellers being ineligible? :D

ToTheNines
02-12-2010, 06:10 AM

I wouldn't even buy it, that would ruin my shelf arrangement and my bank account.

Ioz
02-14-2010, 08:30 AM
If I were Lionsgate, I'd release a 2-disc set featuring season 9, the unreleased season 10 episodes, and the 3 missing episodes. They can call it "The Final Set" or something. It would be a good way to sell the Dregg episodes to the general public.

CyberCubed
02-14-2010, 10:03 AM
They should release all the Season 10 eps in their proper order, I ignore the 4 Season 10 eps on the first season set.

Season 9 and 10 coming together would be nice as it'd save us money. But god help me if they don't include the 3 skipped eps

gobo
02-14-2010, 11:06 AM
If I were Lionsgate
No.
ignore the 4 Season 10 eps on the first season set.
Shell yes.
Season 9 and 10 coming together would be nice as it'd save us money.
That should be the furthest thing from anyone's mind right now. At this point, we'd be lucky if Lionsgate doesn't give up from financial frustration. You should be thinking 'is it more important that the collection gets completed or that I save an extra $5 doing so?" That's about what it boils down to.

Roseangelo
02-14-2010, 11:27 AM
But god help me if they don't include the 3 skipped eps

I think everyone should start accepting the truth that this is very likely to happen. If you accept it now, it'll hurt less when it comes true. If it doesn't come true and the three episodes are included, well, you just got an extra Christmas.

ToTheNines
02-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Hmm, really don't want them to combine 9 and 10. That would mess up my shelf plans lol

Season 9 and 10 coming together would be nice as it'd save us money. But god help me if they don't include the 3 skipped eps

I'm not god, but I'll help ya anyways: http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Animated/dp/630229200X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1266172540&sr=8-8

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ3206075QQcpidZ2001003

CyberCubed
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh, its not like I've never seen those eps. I have them saved to my computer. Not to mention as a kid I believe I did have them on VHS back in the day.

But I want them properly on the DVD sets as well. My only guess is Lionsgate will release Season 9 and 10 eventually, then sell the rights to the old cartoon to Nick.

Then years down the road, Nick might try to re-release the entire original series on DVD again, and maybe they'll get the skipped eps on it. That's my guess anyway, but given Nick hasn't even properly released the 2k3 series on DVD yet or given "Turtles Forever" a DVD release, who knows.