PDA

View Full Version : I'm going back to school again tomorrow >=\

Nickokapo
03-23-2003, 10:20 AM
I have seen one of the last threads lately and came to the conclution than probably some people wont give a shell about this, my only tip to you, stop reading here then ;p this is what the gen dis. section is after all and i just felt like posting it.
Soooo anyways...i used to go to school, for 9 years (well actually i think in the us it'd be 7 years then high school or something but here it was combined.) and i always passed all the exams and stuff, eg i never repeated but in grade 9 i dropped it :teek: that was like a year ago.
Anyways after reading this: http://www.ujournal.org/~megane_kun
I got all nostalgic and crap...don't ask me why i just did :sweatdro: and figured after wasting all that time of my life in school i should not let it all go to waste and do the frickin' last year, specially since school started only 2 weeks ago and im only 1 year late..
But i'm kinda nervous, you see, i dont think ill get into the group, i dont really know anyone there...any suggestions?comments?bazookas?watermellons?
KTHX IM DONE :P

Lanagirl
03-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Don't worry. Everything will be ok. It's only a matter of time.
By the way i didn't like my high school and i don't wanna go to the university tomorrow cause i haven't done my homework :(

Nickokapo
03-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Thank you, i do think im worrying too much, but i dunno...it's kinda weird going back and not knowing anyone...well i know some of the teachers but that's not the point.
As for your homework...Well it's still not too late, you could do it today and finish it so you can have it ready tomorrow :teek: Good luck!

kyabetsu
03-23-2003, 11:12 AM
yaaaay!

way to go!
the decision to go back to school and finish something you started is GREAT one. you'll feel so much better.

i recently returned to school myself... (college, but it was a 3 year absense.) and yeah... it was tough, but i was really glad i did it... unfortunately, half way through that first semester back i ran head-first into some health problems, but i talked w/ the nice folks there at school and they're gonna let me defer my acceptance to this upcoming fall semester.

so if you go back and ~*I*~ go back .... and we both FINISH... then we both ROCK THE WORLD and we should throw a party or something.

good luck!

Nickokapo
03-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Thank you, that was really encouraging and its good to know im not alone :) good luck to ya too and i hope you feel better!
In fact that's why i wanted to go back to school, i realised i couldnt let all the work i did in the last few years go to waste, so when this is over i bet i'll feel better instead of looking back and regreting dropping it...besides im one year late, so if i'm gonna do it i'll do it now that the time difference is not so much.
I'm not saying its wrong for someone say 10 years older to go back to school, in fact i'd encourage that because its better later than ever, my point is i'd prefer doing it now already that not so much time has passed than regretting it later.
Well, thanks everyone and good luck.

Nturtle
03-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Finishing up school is a good move!!
Then you get to have a fancy diploma and stuff!

And I say go with watermellons, you can't go wrong with watermellons!! :D

Nickokapo
03-23-2003, 11:35 AM
That's what i thought, everyone loves watermellons! :P
And i agree...if i dont finish what i left off i'll feel weird so i'll just do it :anime:

Voltron
03-23-2003, 05:08 PM
School has ruined my life. I hate School more than anything ever. In 10th grade I was abandoned by all my friends and I ignored by everyone.* I became bitter and anti social. But most of all I became wise. Let me tell you something about school. Beware the teenager. It is a wiley beast and will betray you and leave you for dead the SECOND something better comes along.

*I was not always bitter and spiteful. I was once blissfully ignorant.

Nickokapo
03-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Well i've been anti social for the last year and i'm beginning to think that's because i left school! :P Well in fact i've always been a bit sociophobic but i wont get into that.
As for the friends, well yup i didn't have many either, but at least when i went to school i had some, when i dropped school then i never saw my friends again...i guess school was kind of a meeting place for us afterall.
So yeah, i know what you mean as i've been there, school is full of assholes and that's why i'm so nervous/anxious...but come to think of it, if i did the whole 9 years and then dropped the last year, i gotta finish it, or else my time will go to waste...i'm 16 now so i could say i spent half my short life in school :roll:

Duke
03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Just wear a ninja turtle t-shirt and all will be well with the universe.

Nturtle
03-24-2003, 08:47 AM
Yeah, my grade is made up of generrally okay people, but that is preety rare.

But I would still deffinitely go back to school Nicko, do it for acadamia and watermellons!!! :P

Nickokapo
03-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Damn, everything went wrong...they mocked me about my hair the whole day, then because i was skinny, and so on... :roll:
That would've been fine by me, i mean that happend before and i passed grades 1-8 just fine, problem is these guys did it the whole f@#king day!
Im not an intolerant or anything but these guys were aiming to offend and wouldnt stop...well its hard to explain if you havent been there really.
Y'see i live in a zone very close to the 'villages', not in em i have a house and stuff, well there's a lot of poor people there and they often have to face robbery, murders, lots of violent stuff...well as you can guess since my house is near it so is my school and that's where most village people (HARHAR I MADE A FUNNAYZ O.o) go.
And they're kinda racist, i mean i dont wanna come out as the racist one specially since im poor too, but at least i'm humble...they sure aren't.
Maybe to them insult each other 'till the school day is over is fine, but not for me, i dont go to school to screw around, at this point i wanna go, study and get this over with, but they dont, they got it easy there as the school even feeds em...then they dare make fun of me because i'm skinny...i'd eat more if i had money to go to a frickin dentist but im getting off topic.
Im not saying their all bad, in all these years in that same school i've met many great friends, but these guys ive met today are full of sh#t in the inside...what do i mean?Well, if i cut my hair they'll start mocking me for another reason, thats not the issue, the issue is they dont want me because im not like them.
So yeah, the whole tree isnt rotten, there's just a lot of bad apples in it unfortunately.
So yup, im dropping it again, i do wanna end school, but not if they'll wipe the floor with my self esteem every day for a frickin' year, not worth the price to pay.
I might...dunno...look at another way to end it, i aint giving up yet.
Sorry if this sounded whiney to someone, you should've been there to understand.
PS: Screw em, i love my hair ;)
PPS:Last time i make life decitions base on a frickin' website ;p but it sounded so good...ah well :)

lethrhd
03-24-2003, 04:57 PM
you should finish it no matter what the obstacles hell its only 8 hours a day. Eye of the gator nick, eye of the gator :wink:

Nickokapo
03-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Ha, Thanks mr.leatherhead :D
In fact its 5 hours a day here, so the more reason to finish it, but ill try to look at another way around it...i do wanna finish it, no matter what, and i probably will, as i said i aint giving up.
Problem is the people there..sure, i could always take the shortcut of beating the **** outta them, but that'd be lowering down to their level and besides there's this little thing called discipline book, they made you sign it when ya do something bad, when you sign it 3 times, yer out rocky leatherboa :D
And i dont really feel like getting expulsed, i wanna get school over with already.
Dun worry, i'll finish it someway i guess..

kyabetsu
03-24-2003, 07:30 PM
*gives nick a mango of encouragement.*

i hear you Nick. My dad was in the military, so we moved a LOT. i ended up finishing high school in rural North Carolina. my family was the only hispanic one for miles. i think there were three indian kids in the school-- somewhere... but yeah... the white kids didin't wanna hang out with me cause my family didnt' have the much $$... and the black kids thought i looked too white.

i hid out w/ the nerds cause that was the only "race" left.

It sucks when you've got to fit into a category... but i did find friends in that group and others OUT of it... it just takes time.

Whatever you decide to do, Nick... good luck with it. and try not to let people get to you.

Voltron
03-24-2003, 07:30 PM
It's best to make the people think you are really smart by using big words, then acting like a total rebel.

take this scenario:

"Teacher, I feel this lesson is inane and a blatant waste of time."
then the teacher will respond with something, but everyone will be to amazed that you command words that have more than 5 letters in them authoritatively. Hell, make up your own words, too.

SMILOPHIOUS is a great fake word. It sounds real and can be applied to anything. Try it, it works. People will be kissing your ass in no time.

Nickokapo
03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks kya, voltron...im kinda sensible so some people does get to me, but i already cooled off and i'll probably never see those guys again anyways.
As for using inteligence...well i tried talking to someone today in school but their attention span was kinda short.
Their mindset is like this:
football=good
drugs=good
cursing=good
anything else=bad
NAPSTER=BAAAAAAD
I could talk with the teachers (in fact the english teacher i had some years ago was still there so i was glad to see her, probably the only good thing that happend to me in school today :roll: ) but then that'd lead the little hormone-powered monkeys to mock me because i use the teacher to solve my problems.
I'm not saying i want the perfect school with the perfect classmates, i just want a relatively normal school, i can stand some mocking but all the time it gets annoying sooo...yeah, i think i just gotta try somewhere else.
Does that sound Shmolaweekous enough to you?Thought so :D

Duke
03-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Nicko so u want to finish school just not at your village school. Well i don't know how it is over there but around here you could pay like 25 bucks to go to a different school. I knew some people who did that because they didn't like their old school. Maybe that will help a little. Good luck.

Nickokapo
03-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Yeah thanks...hummmm well i've been thinking about night school, ive heard there's serious people there, but i'd feel awkard there...
Oh well don't worry about me, i bet i'll think of something eventually.

That Matt Guy
03-26-2003, 04:37 PM
I just treated high school like work, I went each day and did it and then went home and forgot everything that happened. Except for my senior year; those were good times.

GK Punk
03-26-2003, 04:41 PM
Unfortunetly, I was the "rebel" and I ended up screwing up my high school experience... I was more in to the sex drugs rock 'n roll thing, and I totally regret it now...

Nickokapo
03-26-2003, 04:47 PM
I've always been kinda quiet :ohwell:
Damn i should've finished 2 years ago when i knew the people there, now i regret dropping it, one does not value what it has untill its gone :oops:

HorseTechie
03-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah.. highschool sucked muck for me too. But I got through it, and I found the higher up in the education levels you go, the more respectible the other students become.

I say go back to school too, dude! In this day and age, it seems all the good jobs are ones that want ya to have some sort of diploma too.

Heck... and sometimes crazy nuts like me think that 4 years of college ain't enough. So I put myself through a few more to get a Masters! If you go the will and the way, go for it! :D

GK Punk
03-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Yeah.. highschool sucked muck for me too. But I got through it, and I found the higher up in the education levels you go, the more respectible the other students become.

I say go back to school too, dude! In this day and age, it seems all the good jobs are ones that want ya to have some sort of diploma too.

Heck... and sometimes crazy nuts like me think that 4 years of college ain't enough. So I put myself through a few more to get a Masters! If you go the will and the way, go for it! :D

I totally would, if I knew what I wanted ya know? I am at a "What to do withmyself" Point... Im at the corner of should I act blvd and Should I play lead guitar lane

Nickokapo
03-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Ha, same here grunger!
I'm 16 already, in a few years i wanna get a job, buy a house and live my life, but i still dunno what i wanna do for a living...i'll i know is i don't wanna reach adulthood and still be in my parent's house :P
I used to think becoming a comic book artist/animator if i ever got to draw well would be a good idea, but i've readed it doesnt really pay well.
But first i wanna end school, or else i wont get anywhere.
Growing up sucks :oops: but i agree with HT i'll end school somehow, maybe next week i could try going to the school at morning, there's different peeps there i could see how it turns out, but im not sure.
Meh...i'll see what i can do.

Duke
03-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Growing up sucks :oops: but i agree with HT i'll end school somehow, maybe next week i could try going to the school at morning, there's different peeps there i could see how it turns out, but im not sure.
Meh...i'll see what i can do.
I think you should go ahead and give school in the morning a shot or even night school like u mentioned early. Hey it never hurts to try.

HorseTechie
03-27-2003, 11:02 AM
Well... I am getting a degree in New Media. But that in itself is so vague, I'm still not sure where I will go after I get it.

I like to do web design... or graphic design, or page layout for an advetising firm, or work for Anthem's IT department... or look into some goverment office position... or stick it out with Xerox longer... or up and move out to Chicago or the east coast in search of better, cooler jobs... Indiana sucks when it comes to digital graphics stuff. Or that most places want the graphic person to have 10 years of on the job experince in nearly everything.. while I want an entry level job that's not some intern/part time job to JUST get the 10 years of experience! *sai*

Yeah.. school's only the beginning! :D *hopes she didn't 'scare' anyone*

Cascadia
04-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Throughout middle and high school, I was always mock of being a science nerd. I was in a rural school system in Texas. I was doing scientific research and science honors classes. I believe that I took 6 years worth of science in high school. I always felt alone in the high school. I was doing science fair every year, in which my research always went to the state level. I was an introvert and shy.....doesn't this sound like Donnie?? :P Just kidding

Now, I am about to finish my college work in environmental science and biology with a minor in geology. I also have specialized skills in cartography--multimedia, web design (I have 4 websites), GIS, etc. I do not get mocked that much anymore.

Nickokapo
04-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Yikes, this is old :embarass: but your comments are appreciated.
Yeah i guess you can relate to donatello in that aspect :D congratulations in seeking your dream and becoming someone while doing what you like, i admire that in a person..a month has passed now since i dropped school again and i still do not know what to do...i love working with computers and know some english, and i'm practicing my drawing, maybe i could pull something off with all that in some years, i just dont know..time will tell.

Nturtle
04-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Yeah Nicko!! Your art is cool!! If you doodle and practice regularly you could really work it into something!!
Or maybe since you like computers too, you could do Flash animations!! :D

Nickokapo
04-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Yup, flash could be a good thing to learn!I've always liked flash animations..
I'll also keep practicing my art, i doubt i'll reach a professional level but i do wanna get better anyways.
And if i get good at both i could use my art in the flash animations hehe :P

Kid Icarus
04-20-2003, 09:05 PM
As for using inteligence...well i tried talking to someone today in school but their attention span was kinda short.
Their mindset is like this:
football=good
drugs=good
cursing=good
anything else=bad
NAPSTER=BAAAAAAD

Welcome back to Highschool Nicko. Yeah, it really does suck... but hey, at least your getting it done right? 5 years from now those guys will be no where. Just keep that in mind.

About the teasing thing... it happens. Dosen't mean its right. The best thing you can do is walk away. Unless its in a class. Then your screwed :( .

I hope this works out though. Your not the only one who hates school!

azure turtle
04-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Ah, don't let those jerks get you down, Nicko. I agree that teasing is inevitable. It happens to everyone. But once your finished with school, you can go on with your life and get a career. I think it's worth it. And those who teased you will be left choking in the dust. Keep going, and don't give up. I wish you the best with school. :D