PDA

View Full Version : Pink Panther & Pals

Dontebell
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
The Pink Panther return to TV this Sunday on Cartoon Network.

http://pinkpanther.mgm.com/

Wildcat
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Darn! I missed it. I was wondering when this gonna air too. :ohwell:

Guitar_Raph
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM
What? No Inspector? I liked that character that Pat Harrington once voiced in the classic.

The Ant & The Aardvark return as well for the 3rd time. Wonder if John Byner reprised his voice role in that?

THe last Pink Panther series goes back to 1993 when they had the Ant, Aardvark & Inspector. Also, the Panther spoke (Matt Frewer; aka Max Headroom).

Samhain
03-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Hmmm missed it. Loved the original PP but idk about this. Is it the same?

Wildcat
03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Finally saw this today. Have to say its better than I thought Id be. In fact Id go far as to say it does the original series justice. Now Ive only seen one epsiode but I can assume this is what the series is in a nutshell (hopefully, its just Pink Pather afterall).

I usually watch the originals on Boomerrang every night before going to bed and this new series seems to match it quite well.

I really liked how they purposly made the backgrounds simple and bit "off" similar to the originals. Im also happy they made the effort to keep the Ardvarks voice as close as possible to the old.

Its not exactly the same (which you cant blame them for that) but you can tell they tryed to keep his personality intact. Ya I do miss the Inspector but oh well I guess. I'll for sure watch again next week.

Guitar_Raph
03-28-2010, 08:23 AM
I finally saw it today. The Panther goes back to being silent as always.

There are only two voice actors that are credited.

Kel Mitchell (Ant)
John Byner (Aardvark; reprised his role he's done for 30 + years)

The last cartoon series to have only two voice actors...

Dastardly & Muttley In Their Flying Machines (1969; Paul Winchell & Don Messick).