PDA

View Full Version : Will the newer Vol. 4 issues be worth a lot of money someday?

CyberCubed
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm talking about the limited printed issues #29 and 30, and whatever future Vol. 4 issue he sells for $10.

Were these two issues printed in much less quantities than #1-28 when it was going on regularly? I've been wondering if these $10 Vol. 4 issues will go for a lot of money in the future.

Powder
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I've been wondering that myself. Just look at the archie run. The 2nd and/or 3rd portion of it is nearly impossible to find, & when you see it, its rather pricey. I've begun to shop around for vol.4 issues now as I haven't followed it. Looks like cover price is the cheapest I'll get for the most part.

Roseangelo
03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Absolutely not. Mirage hasn't even sold out of their own stock at $10, which is a ridiculous price on its own. There would have to be a damn good reason for someone to pay "a lot of money" for one of these, and there's just nothing about those books that would make it worth it.

Lordmylar06
03-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Absolutely not. Mirage hasn't even sold out of their own stock at $10, which is a ridiculous price on its own. There would have to be a damn good reason for someone to pay "a lot of money" for one of these, and there's just nothing about those books that would make it worth it.

If mine didn't come with a sketch from Eric Talbot, I would completely agree. Rose has a good point though, even without the sketches they're $10 a pop. That kind of insinuates that the $10 charge isn't for the great sketch I got in my copy of TMNT. It was free of charge, and I paid $10 for a single issue. Kinda makes you think that someone under-valued the artists that sketched on those covers.

sdp
09-04-2021, 02:26 PM
I arrived here through a google search.

CyberCubed
09-04-2021, 02:34 PM
If I told my 2010-era self to buy extra copies of all these issues when the Mirage website had them for $10 each...I could have been a millionaire right now.

frank_one
09-04-2021, 04:39 PM
Nah, they will never be worth much, sell them all to me.

MrPliggins
09-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Funny thread. Hindsight is always 20/20. The things did sit on Mirage's site unsold for so long. No one saw this current collectibles boom coming. Maybe soon it'll slow down.

sorrenmj
12-23-2021, 01:54 PM

If only, issue #29 just sold this week for $2,250! Out of my price range now :(

MrPliggins
12-23-2021, 06:45 PM
If only, issue #29 just sold this week for $2,250! Out of my price range now :(

Wow, who is really purchasing these? Doesn't seem like the fans...

DK2
12-25-2021, 05:13 PM
Yeah, the prices are going crazy now for the vol. 4 issues that came out thru mail order release only. So thats the last 4 issues, #29-32 which are only printed at 1000 copies. That price that was just mentioned is insane for one of these issues. That money could be spent on trying to get TMNT vol. 1 #1 early printings. Can you imagine all the ones that have Peter Lairds sketches? He did like a quarter or so of the first 2 of those issues with sketches and I'm not sure how many he actually sketched in #31 as he was charging for that sketch, as an order option on the Mirage site then. He never did that at all with #32 if I recall, doing a sketch. I'm pointing that towards his waning interest in TMNT and the time to draw anymore. Keep in mind the last 2 issues were printed in the wrong order of release. I do have #29 and #30 with Peters sketches. I didn't pursue that option on #31. He was asking $75 for that which in hind sight is probably peanuts considering how you'll probably never get a Laird sketch these days.

mrmaczaps
12-26-2021, 06:21 AM
I have 2 copies of each of the last 4 issues, plus an extra 31 & 32 unsigned to sell. When the 32 came out, they had some at Shellback & I got in line a few times to snag copies for people who couldn't make it, but with 31 I must have bought 12 of those in total for other folks plus the five for me... at $10 a pop. Then had Laird & Lawson & Lavigne sign them. Man, I miss that place.

AquaParade
12-26-2021, 08:23 AM
I'm just glad to own one of these. Issue #32 I think. Maybe these issues aren't the most desirable in terms of story, but they're really cool "grail" pieces to own, imo, just because of authenticity and rarity. Plus, the Dooney covers are great.

I'm not sure I'll ever sell it. Again, not my favorite story, but probably my second favorite single issue of TMNT that I own, aside from volume 1, #10, due to sentimental value, growing rarity, and having one of the best tmnt covers out there.

CyberCubed
12-26-2021, 10:08 AM
I still have issues #28-32. Not signed, but in mint condition. Only way I would sell them is if IDW ever puts out a trade of Volume 4, but that doesn't seem like it's happening.

Weird thing is knowing I could sell them for like $2,000 each...crazy since they've just been sitting in my closet for the last 10 years.