PDA

View Full Version : The Ukomo Outbreak

Jade Green
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
It all began in Central Africa with the death of a single tribe.

No one had heard from the tribe in nearly six months; and so, Red Cross set out to investigate only to find burned huts and charred bodies, many of which were twisted and mutated beyond recognition. They took the bodies back to the lab, to try to determine the cause.

They found nothing.

Two days later, the men who had found the bodies began to get extremely ill. They became lethargic and unable to keep anything down. They had dizzy and fainting spells that became increasingly worse. Their bodies began to deteriorate, taking away first their senses, before shutting down completely. The victims died within three days of showing signs of illness and by that time, they had been in contact with hundreds people, who in turn had done the same.

The Outbreak had begun.

It spread across Africa like a wildfire and bled up into the Middle East. Doctors, bioengineers, everyone was trying to find ways to stop it or contain it. When it finally seemed as if they had, news of another outbreak in Central America blasted the news airwaves. The entire earth was in the grips of this new Plague. All it seems they could really do was determine that the virus was man made, and now countries are arguing over who is responsible while the plauge continues to spred. War seems iminent.

Already, there are reports of people dying in New York City.

..~*~..

Canon:

Leonardo: Iron Man
Donatello: Pipsqueak
Michelangelo: Cowabunga Carl
Raphael: Garou
Splinter: Jade Green
April: IronMan
Casey: Cowabunga Carl

OC:

Greysight: Jade Green

..~*~..

Rules:

1. If a Canon is not listed, ask me if you can play them. Do not get offended if I say no. I have my reasons.

2. OCs are welcomed within reason. I'd like to know about the character before I allow them in. OCs are not to immediately know the TMNT. Again, don't get offended if I decline an OC.

3. Grammar and Spelling, pay attention to them. SPELL CHECK IS YOUR FRIEND. Open up word, write your part in there, and then post it in here if you have to.

Mutated Turtle
05-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Join as Donatello?

Jade Green
05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
He's yours.

Toonami Tom
05-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I would like to join as Leonardo and April. Is it okay if April has natural immunity to the illness, something about her DNA, only she does not know she is immune?

Jade Green
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
You can be Leo and April.
But no, April does not have a natural immunity.
If she gets the illness, she's at risk of dying just like everyone else.

jaymq
05-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Scary. Sounds like a game I tried to run semi-privately a while back. Is Raph taken?

Mutated Turtle
05-28-2010, 10:42 PM
So, how is Ukomo pronounced? You-com-oh; Oo-com-oh; Uhk-om-oh?

Jade Green
05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Raph is yours, Moosandra

Ukomo is pronounced how it looks. Oo-ko-moe

I know we don't have a Mikey yet, but if you want to make your opening posts you can. Or you can wait for me to come back and post.

Jade Green
05-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Splinter heaved a heavy sigh and laced his long, hairy fingers together as he continued to watch the news. The situation was getting worse, the nations were all suffereing from inner tormoil and looking for someone to blame. Most fingers were pointeed to the Middle East and the Middle East was pointing to the United States. He was worried, concerned for his children, he was scared.

He had already forbidden them from going out into the upper world unless it was completely necissary, he feared that they may not be immune to the disease; however, he knew he could not keep them for long, and the family needed provisions.

Toonami Tom
05-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Leonardo was sitting in a blue lounge chair in the living room. He watched the news channel that his sensei had on the television screen. For a moment he looked over at Splinter, and then back at the screen.

There must be something we can do to help the situation. He thought to himself. The turtle didn't like being stuck in the lair. It was starting to become difficult for him to keep his patients. He wanted to go topside, but he knew it probably wouldn't be safe. He had to be responsible.

jaymq
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
(Thanks, Jade)

Raph was leaning on the back of the couch. His mind wasn't on the news on the television, at least not in the sense of watching it. He already knew all of what they could really tell it's watchers.

No, Raph's mind was on other things. Mainly about the fact that they've been cooped up in the lair for way too long now. They needed to go topside, and not only because Raph has his tendencies, but because they also needed food and fresh air. Okay, maybe the air wasn't as fresh in New York as it could be, but it sure beats the sewer air they've been breathing most their lives.

This turtle's patience was wearing down... "Sensei..." he half murmured, hoping Splinter already knew what he was going to say.

Mutated Turtle
05-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Donatello came into the Living Room. 'Is the sewer even... safe?' he thought to himself. Don stared at the news on the TV, then he glanced at his brothers, and Splinter. " Do any of you think Shredder is behind this? Because it seems possible..." said Don, worried. 'Was this disease... infectious?' Don thought again.

Toonami Tom
05-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Donatello came into the Living Room. 'Is the sewer even... safe?' he thought to himself. Don stared at the news on the TV, then he glanced at his brothers, and Splinter. " Do any of you think Shredder is behind this? Because it seems possible..." said Don, worried. 'Was this disease... infectious?' Don thought again.

Leo turned in his chair and looked and Don. The possibility of Shredder being invovled in this made matters worse, but how likely would that be? "I don't know, Donnie. Anything is possible. This just doesn't seem like Shredder's style though. I would think that he would go for a more direct attack, and probably against us. My best guess is that someone else is behind this."

((May I play as Shredder? He would be investigating the outbreak, and not focused on the turtles at this point.))

Jade Green
05-30-2010, 06:50 PM
The old rat opened his eyes, "I know." He said quietly, not bothering to look in the direction of his son. Then, Donatello spoke, asking of an old rival and thus forcing Splinter to adress his family. "I do not believe that Oroku Saki is behind this..." He paused, looking to his sons, "We should be concerned about protecting ourselves... Raphael has pointed out we are running out of food." He closed his eyes, wishing he did not have to send them out there. "Michelangelo, please check the medical supplies for breathing masks."

"Right!" The youngest turtle moved quickly to the closet to take a look. "We've got a few left!"He held up several respiratory 3M masks.

"I want you four to be careful, but bring as much back as you can. I am not sure when it will be safe to go out again."

((No, Shredder)).

Toonami Tom
05-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Leonardo was somewhat glad to be able to leave the lair for awhile, however, he knew the circumstances were not good. He stood up from his chair, walking over to Mikey to take a breathing mask. He looked back at Splinter. "We will be careful, Sensei."

The blue clad turtle placed the 3M mask over his face. "They may not be that comfortable, but it is necessary that we wear these masks at all times while on the surface." He reminded his brothers.

Cowabunga Carl
05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Do you need a Casey and a Mikey still? If so can I play?

Jade Green
05-31-2010, 12:46 AM
((Sure, you can have Mikey and Casey. ))

jaymq
05-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Raphael pushes off the couch and took a mask from his orange-banded brother. "I agree with Leo, it ain't his style. Sounds more like Bishop's style if anyone we know."

Jade Green
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Splinter listened quietly, "No matter who the culprit is, I fear that it does not matter now." All they could really do was survive it, if such a thing could be done. "What matters is surviving. Please be careful, my sons."

..~*~..

From the safety of the bar of a rooftop billboard, the ex-soldier watched the people below. Like before, they scurried like ants from one destination to another; however, instead of walking with indifference to the person next to them, every one was scared of everyone else. You could feel it in their minds, see it in their eyes... The masks they wore were merely another symbol of that fear.

Sighing deeply, she placed her binoculars back into their pouch. Unlike the frightened populus below, she did not bother with a mask. This ex-soldier knew better. Standing up, she replaced her fedora onto the top of her bald, green head. The Ex-Soldier was known as Greysight, one of few that could say: 'I told you so.'

Mutated Turtle
06-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Don took one of the masks from Mikey. "Bishop?..." scoffed Don, laughing. "He's dead..." with that, he glanced at his brothers, then at Splinter. "We should stay away from the people,"

jaymq
06-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Raphael rolled his eyes, ignoring the comment about Bishop.

"Who says we're even susceptible? We ain't human. Forget that it only seems to be attacking humans? Whatever." Waving off any further arguments from his brothers, Raphael heads towards the exit of the lair.

(Sorry, pips. 'less Jade says he's dead/non-existent, that's kind of a big statement you're making :P)

Jade Green
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
(uhm, I've always cringed at the thought of Bishop reguardless, but still... I'd rather the turtles didn't know the status of their other enemies at the moment.)

"Yes, stay away from the people and animals as much as you can." Splinter looked back to the news, it had mentioned animals dying too, which was why he was concerned. He deeply hoped that Raphael's guess was correct, maybe they were immune. "Do not forget my tea cakes, and get as many non parishables as you can. I do not need to stress that you may not be able to go out again for a long time." He turned and looked back to the T.V.

Toonami Tom
06-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Leo was concerned that Raph might not take the necessary precautions while on the surface. He had hopes that wouldn't have to argue with him.

"We will be careful, and get the needed supplies." He said to Splinter. The turtle followed Raph out of the lair.

~~~~~~~

In her apartment, April O'Neil had four bags on her bed, full of various items. One over packed duffel bag looked as if it was about to split open. She placed her toothbrush into the bag, then zipped it up.

She wasn't sure how long she would be away, so she wanted to make sure she had what she needed for herself, and her friends.

With the packing complete, the red head placed a breathing mask over her face, picked up the heavy bags, then headed for the door. She knew she was carrying too much, as she could feel it in her arms.

Cowabunga Carl
06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Mikey put on his own mask and tugged the straps to make sure it was a tight fit. Looking at Raph he said, "I didn't think it was possible for you to get uglier guess I was wrong," and shrugged his shoulders before heading over to where Leo was, "So whats the plan fearless leader? Should we check on April and Casey?"

Casey had pulled up in front of April's on his bike. He had packed light, just his golf bag of various sports equipment and a bag of cloths. He all ready had his pads on. Parking it he got off and headed inside. "April you ready yet doll?"

Toonami Tom
06-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Leo smirked at the comment Mikey made about Raph. He looked to his orange masked brother, replying to his questions "We will travel by the roof tops, and make all of our stops to gather supplies. One of us should call April to find out what she's up to, and if she knows anything about Casey."

~~~~~~~

"I'm glad you're here. I'm ready to go." April placed her bags on the floor, unzipped one of them, reached in and found what she was searching for. Retrieving a breathing mask, she re-zipped the bag, and handed the item to her boyfriend. "Please wear this. I don't want you taking any chances."

She then said "I think we should take my van, unless you think we can manage to haul the bags on your bike."

Cowabunga Carl
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
He took the mask from April giving her a lopsided grin, "Well it aint the typical get up but I guess it will do," he put it on then added, "The van's probably a better idea, though I hate leavin the bike."

He went to grab the bags she was holding. After all what kind of gentleman lets the lady carry the bags.

jaymq
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
(Okay, no problem, Jade.)

"Why not just go see 'em?" Raph was waiting outside the lair entrance. Yea, might have been a dumb question, but would be nice to see how their friends are doing.

Toonami Tom
06-02-2010, 10:55 AM
"We can go see April and Casey." The blue masked turtle said. "I think we should gather our supplies first, and make a second trip to visit our friends."

Leonardo walked down the sewer tunnels, leading the way to a ladder that would take them up to the streets. He would have liked to visit April and Casey first, but he knew that they had to focus on the task Splinter had given them.

With the outbreak inflicted upon the world, Leonardo actually wished they had a physical enemy to fight instead of a virus. In his mind it would a lot easier, because as it is now, not even the air was completely safe to breath. No amount of ninja training was going to combat that.

~~~~~~~

"Thanks for carrying the bags." The red head left the apartment and made her way to the parking lot. Among the various parked vehicles, she unlocked the doors on the van, opening two of the doors. April then sat in the driver's seat, waiting.

Jade Green
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Greysight moved down a few roof tops, keeping a keen eye on the happenings below. The few deaths in New York City truly had frightened the populus. Many wanted to evacuate, but the list of where to run to was becoming smaller in every passing day. Canada was closed off, they weren't letting anyone through to their side and any who left were not allowed back in. A smart move, but still not fool proof.

China was one of the few places yet untouched and she knew the reason for this better than any; not that she could really tell anyone, of course. Sitting near the edge she pulled out a small screen and clicked it on, news repors streamed in and she smiled. A few of those afflicted had lasted longer than most and this was a good sign; however, animals were getting sick too and the process was much slower with them. She turned the screen off and put it back in it's own pocket.

Down below, a man and a woman were loading up a van they were trying to out run the virus. She gleemed through their surface thoughts and saw that the woman was named April and the man was called Casey. Greysight silently bid the two 'good luck' and moved away from the building's edge.

Mutated Turtle
06-03-2010, 12:30 AM
" It's possible that no one is immune," said Don. " Maybe even mutated animals aren't immune..." ' And who's to say anywhere was safe? ' he thought.

Cowabunga Carl
06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Turning to look at Don through his mask Mikey stated, "Don your being a real downer you know that? Leave the brooding paranoid stuff to Raph, he's much better at it." He trotted don the tunnels after Leo, "Should have brought my skateboard, not like we get a lot of surface time."

"No prob," Casey said as he placed the bags into the Van, "Besides heavy lifting isn't something you let a bodacious babe do anyway." After getting all the bags put away he got into the passenger side and buckled up.

jaymq
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Raphael snorted at the commentary behind him, turning to watch his brothers as he walked backwards. "So instead'a trying to figure out if were gonna get sick and die. Why not try to figure out a source? Food? Is there a type'a food that counters whatever this thing is? Maybe it's the very water we're walking through and we already got it."

"Ah, whatever. I'm sure it won't make a difference, right?" he let that hang and turned back around continuing towards the exit of the sewers

Jade Green
06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
The man was leaving behind a motorcycle, too bad for him; but, if he was leaving the city because of the outbreak, then he was leaving the city for good. She let her mind dig deeper into Casey's discovering the location of his bike. He wouldn't have any more use for it anymore. Somone might as well make use of it, right?

She moved towards the side of the building, and dropped down to the fire escape. Some people were leaving, others were hidinging their homes and others still were trying to go about their business like the masks were a 'new fad'. Greysight wish she could just tell them: There's no way to stop it, those of you who are going to die, will die. Those of you who live will do so because a chance of the genetic draw. The world is going to change in one generation's time.

They had won, she had failed.

Toonami Tom
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Leonardo was about to climb a ladder to the surface, when he stopped and turned around. "You're right, Raph. We need to find the source of this outbreak. This illness effects the entire world, including us. We may not succeed, but we should at least try. While we're gathering supplies, we should be on the look out for anything strange."

The blue masked turtle then said "Donnie, when we get back, I think you should analyze the water in the sewers. It's probably not the water, but who knows."

Leo took a hold of the ladder, then climbed up to the manhole. He lifted the metal covering, and leaped out of the sewer to the street.

~~~~~~~

April smiled to herself beneath the breathing mask. She looked over at Casey, giving him a wink. The red head buckled her seat belt, and started the van. "Okay, we're ready to go. I wonder if the guys will be surprised to see us." She drove out of the parking lot, now on her way to the turtles' garage.

jaymq
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Raphael climbed out after Leo and made his way for the fire escape "You mean he ain't already?" he'd figured Don would have been all over this already. Shrugging, he glanced towards the manhole "Hey, Mikey, race ya."

(no one posted in a couple days, figured I would.)

Cowabunga Carl
06-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Coming out of the hole Mike looked around, "Sure thing Raph," he said already taking off. After all what trouble could they get in with everyone avoiding everyone else.?

"You think we can convince the guys to head to the farm house? I mean I know it probably aint any safer but you know well," he rubbed the back of his head, "It would be nice to have everyone together."

Jade Green
06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
While a place like New York City might never know silence, it did feel sufficiently quieter than normal. From the alley way, the turtles could see people on the street rushing by with their heads down, those that could afford them wore masks while others wore bandanas over their mouth and noses. The pedestrians were careful not to bump into each other and cars passed by at strangely careful speeds. Everyone was scared.

..~*~..

Greysight quietly moved towards her next destination. While she wasn’t entirely sure she would ever try to use the man’s motorcycle, it was a good idea to at least determine the bike’s quality… and the keys, if she could help it. She may have no choice but to accept defeat, but that didn’t mean she’d go willingly should her enemies ever found her.

(Where is the bike located? Don’t worry if she steals it, Casey might not need it)

Cowabunga Carl
06-09-2010, 09:08 PM
(In front of Aprils place)

jaymq
06-10-2010, 01:32 AM
(Although I've been online RPing for almost a decade, I'm still new to the RPG section here and I'm curious about the amount of time one should wait before a) I should post again or b) before getting antsy about certain players not posting anymore/losing interest in the RPG? Its been itching at the back of my mind since a couple haven't really been. I'd really like to RPG a lot more, the RP side of things has been dry on my side and I was just wondering if I should bother/avoid getting my hopes up. Ahhh.... well, if you can answer my questions. That'd be cool. ... I woulda posted on the RPG Group instead of possibly hijacking this thread, but I suspect that doesn't really get read. I only ask because basic RP etiquette has taught me to give others a chance to respond before posting incessantly yourself. Especially in forums games. I typically do games in a chat setting.)

Mutated Turtle
06-10-2010, 04:21 AM
((((If you're referring to me, there's not much I can reply to ATM)))

Jade Green
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
(while I understand your concerns, this rp is set a little differently than most. I've made the world, and control the npcs. That is, the humans or whatever the characters run into. So far, all they have done is crawled out of the manhole.

With that, I described the happenings the street that they could see down the alley.

For April and Casey, they pretty much see the same but they are headed to the turtle's place as it is.

Right now, I am going to say, feel free to post as much as often as you want. I'll do my best to keep up...-- to be honest, I love long descriptive and well written posts hint hint -- so if you feel like writing a post about how one of them drifts away from the others or what not, then you can.

Also, Greysight's on the roof tops now, if they want to go there.

I am hoping for them to meet her first because she is sort've like a sooth sayer on what will happen soon)

Garou
06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
((Sorry for busting in, but would there be a chance that I could bump in with my char Goldrain? I figured he could have hidden himself somewhere outside the city))

Jade Green
06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
((Sorry for busting in, but would there be a chance that I could bump in with my char Goldrain? I figured he could have hidden himself somewhere outside the city))

Go ahead.

And I'd like to point out again, nothing is going to happen until the players MAKE them happen. that's the type of game this is. So far, the turtles are standing like idiots in an alley way.

Toonami Tom
06-11-2010, 07:23 PM
As she drove the van, April replied "Yes, that's a good idea, Casey. I will mention the farm house to the guys. It probably would be safer there, as long as we have enough supplies."

She continued her journey, taking a few turns down different streets. Finally, she slowed the van down, approaching the turtles' garage. Taking a remote from her pocket, the red head pushed a small green button. The garage door lifted up, and she parked the van near the Battle Shell. She pressed the remote's button again, closing the garage door.

April unbuckled her seat belt, then got out of the vehicle. She picked up one of the bags, expecting Casey would carry the rest. "I'm glad we decided to come here."

The woman in the green t-shirt and bluejeans walked forward, and boarded the elevator that would take her down to the lair. She used her free hand to hold the elevator door for her boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~
Leo watched as Mikey started to run off. "We have to stay together." He reminded his brothers. "Follow my lead."

The blue masked ninja ran to a building, climbing his way up, until he reached a ladder. "This way guys." He ran and leaped to another roof top. As he continued his roof-hopping, he looked back to see if his brothers were keeping up.

That was his mistake, as his mind was not completely focused on what he was doing. His heart skipped a beat, as he tripped over the edge of the building, falling towards the street below. He needed a guardian in times like this.... or perhaps someone with psychic abilities to save him.

Jade Green
06-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Greysight had investigated the bike from above and determined that its quality was not up to her requirements. That being done, she had chosen to head back home to get some much needed sleep. She hadn't gotten far when she saw a figure jumping from one roof top to another and moving across to the next edge only to stumble and...

..~*~..

Leonardo continued to fall, and may not have heard the loud scraping below in his panic; instead of hitting hard ground, however, he landed in an open garbage bin with a very loud and sickening splat. Disturbed, the flies buzzed away and rats scattered.

..~*~..

Greysight hadn't meant to help, thrusting the bin had been more like a knee-jerk reaction. She wasn't much into saving lives, especially now that every single person on the planet were more or less dead people walking. She realized then that she was standing full in the moonlight and could easily be seen and stepped back into the shadows to watch. The others still on the roof didn't seem to be... normal.

..~*~..

Splinter raised his head as the elevator began to humm, someone was about to come down.

Mutated Turtle
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
"...Should we help Leo?" Don asked the rest of his brothers. 'I guess the training got to him...' he thought.

Cowabunga Carl
06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Mike ignored Leo. He just bolted down the ally way. He figured they would go to the roof tops so he should probably too. Passing a couple fire escapes he leaped up onto one and started climbing. He didn't really pay attention to what was going on behind him. His first priority was to see if he could snag a skateboard, bike, or something he could have some fun with while he was out of the sewer.

-----------------

He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the van. "Ya did let the guys know we where comin right? This aint going to be doors open and we get the daylights knocked out of us is it?" He was busy grabbing the other bags making his way towards the door.

Garou
06-12-2010, 02:14 AM
He didn't want to do this. He really didn't. But for some reason, finding food was starting to become difficult and therefore the big brown wolf had ventured into the big city to try and get something for him and his companion. GoldRain had been in the city before, which was when he had decided that perhaps too many humans wandered around and that it was more safe outside of the big concrete mountains these people had taken as their homes.

Now, he only saw some people on the street, wearing weird white things over their faces. Well, if they could wear these "hats" on their heads, then he guessed it was just another human thing and the wolf shock it off. He watched the street for a couple of minutes, waiting for the moment where he could pass into the next alley unnoticed. Crumbling on all four, GoldRain quickly darted from one alley, passed a comic store and hurried into the next alley.

He could smell something. Food. Meat. Someone had left meat in the large trashcan in the middle of the alley. The wolf walked up to it and opened the lid, the smell of rotten food mixed with the still edible meat being both horrible and wonderful to take in.
He suddenly felt something moving in the breast pocket of his gi, and a ferret popped its head out, yawning sleepily and moving its head around at the new smells. The little critter had been sound asleep for a long while, and GoldRain smirked at it. Being small had its advantages, especially when someone carried you around. He gently grabbed the ferret and placed it on a box sitting next to the trash can.

"Let us see what we can find," the wolf muttered to himself, as he started rummaging around in the bin. He knew there had to be something there...

Aha! The wolf heaved up some leftover meat. It wasn't as fresh as it could have been, but it was still good enough. He ripped a bone with meat on it and laid it next to the ferret, who gave a small bark and quickly started digging in. GoldRain had finished ripping off all of the meat within seconds and then put his muzzle back down in the trash to see if he could find some more.

Toonami Tom
06-12-2010, 09:29 AM
April continued holding the elevator door until Casey stood next to her. "Actually, no. I didn't tell the guys we were coming. They should know it's us when the doors open."

She smirked beneath the breathing mask, amused that Casey was concerned that the turtles might attack. The red head moved her hand away, letting the doors close.

The elevator moved downward into the lair, the doors opened, then she stepped out into the large room. April moved the breathing mask down, exposing her pretty face.

"Hey, master Splinter. Casey and I decided to stop by, and see how everyone is doing. I also brought some supplies along." She headed for the living room, placing the bag she was holding on the floor. Leaning down, she unzipped the bag, reached in, and started looking for something. "Here they are." She stood up, handing some tea cakes to Splinter.

~~~~~~~~

Leonardo got out of the garbage bin. He placed a hand over his face, removing the banana peel. That's strange. When I was falling, I didn't notice a garbage bin. Did it..... move? He thought to himself. The turtle was puzzled by this, yet thankful at the same time. I need to be more careful.

He focused his attention to the sounds of something going through another garbage can. Whatever it was, he wasn't sure. It was too far away from him. Is that a dog?

The ninja made his way towards a building, climbing up to the roof. He leaped to another roof top, finding Mikey. Standing behind him, he said sarcastically "Thanks for your help...."

Cowabunga Carl
06-12-2010, 11:04 AM
"Yeah no problem Leo," Mikey is only half paying attention as he scans the ground around the buildings, "So what are you thanking me for?" He then sees what he was looking for. Not bothering to wait to hear Leo's response Mikey starts bounding down the fire escape. When he hit ground level he moved quickly to what it was he wanted. Scooping it up was a skateboard.

Tossing it on the ground he jumped on and started heading for the street.

Jade Green
06-12-2010, 12:09 PM
The scare of dying a horrible diseased death had brought out the other freaks! Four turtles and... that was a rather large canine she saw further on. Greysight knew she aught to talk to them, perhaps she could gain their favor for a lator date? "****..." One of them was about to roll away on a skate board. "Sorry, not today, boyo." With a flick of her finger, the board under Michelangelo's foot sailed away, throwing the turtle backwards.

~During a time like this, ~ She let her voice echo into the five minds, (the canine was close enough to add and his movements told her he was somewhat intelligient, ~One would believe it is wise enough to stay in a group. Of course... one would also believe that it would be best not to risk dying. ~

That would have been sufficient to creep them out, perhaps she should be nice and step out into the moonlight again. She did so. ~Over here. ~ Greysight told them, ~The roof top across the street.~ She waved to them coyly. ~Come on over, we'll talk.~

..~*~..

Splinter tensed up, ready to strike should the person coming in be an enemy. Donatello had installed a camera for the garage, but the old rat did not know how to work it. Seeing it was only April and Casey, he relaxed and gave the two a slight bow. "April, Casey, I am glad to see you." He took the tea cakes gratefully, "Thank you. The boys are out collecting more supplies right now. How do you two fair?"

jaymq
06-12-2010, 12:47 PM
(Personal reasons. Gonna bow out. Sorry.)

Garou
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
GoldRain flew up with a startle, his eyes frantically scanning the alley. He had heard a voice, and it took him a few seconds to understand that it hadn't come from a direction outside, but within his head. Puzzled, the wolf started sniffing the air, until he was informed to look for the rooftops.

The ferret had stopped at the canine's movement, it's teeth still bitten down on a bone. GoldRain furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed the ferret, who clinged to the meaty bone. It was then tugged into its pocket along with its dinner, before GoldRain stepped closer to the edge of the shadows to look out and into the moonlight.

Up there. A shadow on top of one of the buildings. Too bad wolves aren't the best climbers. He looked around deciding that he wasn't going to take his chances with the streets again and fixed his eyes on the fire escape in the alley he was currently standing in. With his massive size, it was no problem grabbing onto the ladder - keeping his feet on the small bars was another matter, and he frowned a bit at them. He took the metal ledges instead, one jump after another, reaching the rooftop rarther quickly. He was close to the shadow now, the air bringing with it a smell from the person he had a hard time to place. It wasn't human.

GoldRain narrowed his eyes, jumping from one building to the next to reach the shadow in the moonlight.

Jade Green
06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
(Very well Moosandra, sad to see you go. Thanks for letting us know you were bowing out.

Raphael is now open for the taking. Until someone claims him, I can control him.)

Raphael had sprinted after his brother when Leonardo toppled over the edge. He heard the grinding of metal and concrete and the resulting splat as Leo landed into the trash bin. Seeing that the his 'fearless' leader was perfectly fine, he burst out in laughter. When Don asked if they should help him, Raph replied, "Nah, He's ok. Let 'em get out on his own." Leo had gotten out and thanked someone that wasn't even there which made Raphael laugh harder.

That is, until, he heard the voice in his mind. Defensively, he grabbed his sai and looked around until the voice told them where to look. He turned to see a figure standing on the roof across the street and then saw a huge wolf-like creature a few roof tops away heading straight for 'her'.

Without bothering to ask his brother, he followed the mutant's wolf lead.

Toonami Tom
06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Leo face palmed at how Mikey was acting. He then lowered his hand, and started to feel somewhat angry that Raph was laughing at him. Yeah, I really messed up back there falling off the roof. No reason to make me feel even worse about it. The turtle thought to himself. That was Raph though....

The unknown creepy female voice began to speak in Leo's head. Is this real? He thought to himself. Then the figure appeared in the moonlight. His thoughts continued Perhaps this is the villain behind the outbreak. Then again, maybe not.

Leonardo was surprised when the wolf-like being came into view. Running, the blue masked ninja leaped from roof top to roof top, towards the mysterious individual that had spoken to him in his mind.

~~~~~~~~

"We are doing fine." April replied, with a smile.

The red head took a seat on the couch. "I am scared though.... I hope the outbreak will end soon, by some chance." She paused for a moment. "I suppose I should try not to worry about events that are out of my control."

Jade Green
06-12-2010, 10:53 PM
"I do not think it will." Splinter replied, "I have... an aquaintence to who believes it will cause the destruction of the world as we know it." He offered a weak smile, "But with the end of one world, comes the birth of another."

Toonami Tom
06-12-2010, 11:16 PM
April's eyes widened for a moment, upon hearing these chilling words from Splinter. She started to feel an enormous sense of dread. After saying nothing for several moments, she calmed herself down. "Who.... is your acquaintance?"

Garou
06-13-2010, 02:47 AM
GoldRain had noticed the new shapes on another rooftop, but the wind was not in his favor to carry their smell to him. No matter. If this was a trap, he would just have to fight his way out of it.

He landed on the rooftop where the shadow was waiting, first hitting the concrete on all four before straightening up to his full height. He tilted his head without a word, just watching this strange new figure while waiting for any reactions from her.

Toonami Tom
06-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Leonardo leaped off a building, performed a flip, and landed on the roof top where the mysterious entity waited. "Let's talk." The masked turtle boldly said to her. He wasn't sure if she was going to be a friend or a foe. He didn't want his behavior to cause the latter to occur, so he would be neutral in his next actions. At least for now.

Cowabunga Carl
06-13-2010, 10:14 AM
He felt the board come out from under him and the ground come up and smack him on the shell. Sitting on the ground a little dazed he heard the voice. At first he just looked around confused. When he saw his brothers jumping from roof to roof he figured it might be best to follow. Quickly he got up scurrying up a fire escape, "Hey guys wait up," he wined.

--------

"What ya mean Mr. Splinter? You know who's behind this? Then why aint we out takin care of the problem?" he was both angry and confused. Casey couldn't believe that Splinter might know who was behind this and had done nothing.

"Ya know I think I might go check ta see if I can find the guys."

Toonami Tom
06-13-2010, 12:33 PM
April cringed after hearing this. "Casey, I don't think that's what he meant." She tried to convince her boyfriend.

The woman left the couch and went into the kitchen. She soon returned with a glass of apple juice for herself. Sitting back down, she said to the man "If you try to find the guys, please be careful."

She still wanted to know who Splinter had gotten his information from, if he wanted to tell her.

Jade Green
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
"I did not say I knew who caused this, Mr. Jones." Splinter got up to put away his tea cakes. "I said I have an aquaintance who believes something worse is to come...." Putting the cakes away the cakes, he walked back to the two. He then looked to April, "It is... difficult to explain. I do not know this person in the physical world."

..~*~..

"My, you're a big one." She commented as the wolf stood up to his full height.

Raphael only got there moments before Leonardo and that was simply thanks to his early start. He stood several feet away from the coated figure, his eyes focused more on the huge mutant wolf. The whole Ukomo Virus thing had him paranoid about everyone.

When Leonardo spoke, the figure turned her attention onto the turtles. "No. You do not issue the orders around here." She pulled off her hat, revealing her bald, green head and sharply colored eyes, "We're all equals here, you can only suggest it." She waited for the other two to show up and then spoke again. "Now that we all are here, I suggest that we talk. I am known as Greysight... And I am curious as to who you all are. If you don't mind sharing, that is."

Toonami Tom
06-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Leonardo began to feel tense. Then the figure took her hat off. "You're one of us." He found himself saying, instead of thinking it. There was an awkward pause, as he was still surprised by what he was seeing. Her eyes were almost hypnotizing to him.

Finally, he spoke again. "I am Leonardo of the Hamato clan. These are my brothers. It is nice to meet you, Greysight." So far it was a good experience. He had hopes that would continue.

~~~~~~~~

April took a drink of the apple juice. "Then you must know this person in the spiritual world. I hope they are wrong about the outbreak getting worse."

She placed the glass of juice on a coaster. The red head left the couch, unzipped a bag, and retrieved her lap top. She sat back down, flipping open the computer.

Jade Green
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
"I hope so." Splinter replied with a heavy sigh, "However... her predictions have been correct so far." He looked down at his hands, he believed his aquaintence knew more than she was letting on. Splinter had known the one he spoke of for a while, and he never knew her to be a liar: just not completely honest. "She believes it can no longer be stopped -- too many have died and it has spread too far."

Mutated Turtle
06-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Donatello had his bo staff ready, in case Greysight was an enemy.Then he became paranoid that Greysight is a enemy. Putting that aside, Don said quietly, "I am Donatello, a mutant turtle, obviously. " Don became even more paranoid after he said that.

Garou
06-14-2010, 03:47 AM
GoldRain was a bit surprised at the female figure's reaction towards him. She seemed... calmer than he would have ever expected. He didn't get a chance to reply before the first turtle had hit the rooftop, eyeing him in a way that was more like what he would expect. Three more of the different looking animals appeared and the small presentation round began.

Feeling the tenseness of the male turtles, the wolf simply decided to put all cards on the table, and he opened his mouth after the second turtle had introduced himself.

"Project MF Alpha. Field name is GoldRain," he replied in his deep, calm voice.

Jade Green
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
"Raphael." It had taken him a moment to get over the initial shock. Not only was this woman some sort of psychic, but she was a turtle too. "An' this idiot's Michelangelo."

Greysight looked from left to right, sizing up the five males whom she had just met. She seemed torn, as if she didn't know where to start. Finally, she said, "It's a pleasure to meet you all -- and don't worry Donatello -- I growl before I bite." She cleared her throat and crossed her arms, looking directly at the four turtles. "I'm going to presume that you guys don't know much about the Ukomo Virus, is that correct?"

"Yeah... Even Don's clueless." Raphael gave Don a shrug; well, he was, wasn't he?

"Then why don't you take off those stupid masks and let me tell you why you don't need them."

Toonami Tom
06-15-2010, 10:39 PM
April was disturbed by what Splinter had told her. "Hopefully there is a way to end the outbreak. If it is a man made virus, then those that are responsible for this must be found and stopped. Maybe an antidote or a vaccine can be created."

~~~~~~~~

Leonardo was focused on GoldRain for a moment. He had a large presence and a powerful voice.

The blue masked turtle listened to Greysight. "We know that the virus is killing lots of people and animals. I have also heard that it is suspected that a villain created it on purpose. I would like to learn more about it."

He reluctantly took off the breathing mask, placing it on his belt. Perhaps the masks were too insignificant to matter.

Mutated Turtle
06-15-2010, 11:43 PM
"We don't need these masks?" Don exclaimed. 'Does that mean we are immune?'
Worried, Don took off his mask.

Jade Green
06-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Raphael gratefully pulled off his mask and looked to the female turtle to see what she had to say.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes at Leonardo, "First off, be careful how you use the word villain. It signifies that there is a supposed 'hero' somewhere out there to stop it and as far as you know there isn't. Secondly, you can only assume that it is a biochemical weapon based on current evidence; however, you don't have any solid proof. As far as you know, someone could have caught the virus in Africa before Red Cross discovered it and accidentally brought it to South America."

Greysight cleared her throat and continued, "Yes, Donatello, I would say that there is an extreme probability that all of you are immune. The virus is a biochemical weapon and it was intentionally released onto the world. The reason why you -- we -- are immune is because we are neither fully human nor are we fully animal." The female took a step back to get all five into her view. "Sometime in the future, scientists are going to discover that the virus contains all or specific strands of the Human genetic code... and it uses these codes to... deconstruct a human from the inside out. It does a similar thing to animals only on a lesser scale. Those that live through the virus will be changed forever."

"Look, I only got half of what you said." Raph piped in, "But you're sayin'... we ain't going t'get it because we're mutants, and someone really did make this virus? How do you..."

"I know...." She breathed in, "Because I once was a soldier for the people who created it..."

Raphael stepped forwards, reaching for his Sais. "This is your fault!?"

"No!" She snapped looking ready to defend herself, "I split as soon as I found out. Don't go blaming me, bucko, and if you even think about attacking me you can throw any help I was going to offer you guys out the window, understood?"

..~*~..

"They wold first have to discover who the culprit is." Splinter replied, "And how the virus works..." Right now, it seemed more likely to find a cure for AIDs.

Garou
06-16-2010, 03:47 PM
GoldRain could only nod a bit. He wasn't in on this whole "virus" thing, but it would explain the sudden lack of life that had happened recently, both in the city and outside. Also, it explained those weird things humans, and these turtles, covered their faces with. It was a kind of protection.
Red Cross.... didn't ring a bell, but it didn't sound like it was of any importance.

None the less, the wolf tried to listen in and understand as much as possible, different though it was. Apparently, the female turtle had a kind of inside knowledge, which could be important. GoldRain didn't like the sound of "changed forever", though.

"This is your fault!?"

As Greysight defended herself, GoldRain instinctively took that one step that placed him in between Raphael and Greysight. Without giving Raph a second glance, the wolf looked down at Greysight.

"Changed how?"

Toonami Tom
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Leonardo was listening to everything that was being said. First Greysight had said that there may not be a 'villain' and then she admitted that there was.

"Stand down, Raph!" Leo yelled. He looked to GoldRain, and then to Greysight. "So you are planning to help us stop this virus, right? Good, because I have two friends that are human. I'm not going to just stand back and let them risk dying, when I now know there is something I can do about this. Let's work together."

The blue masked turtle was way over confident. At least he was willing to try to do something about the outbreak. However, it might not work. He had no idea what might be lurking in the future.

~~~~~~~~

April nodded to Splinter, understanding. "I guess there's nothing we can do." She typed on her lap top computer, bringing up a search engine. The red head looked up some information on the virus. A moment later, she closed the computer, placing it on the coffee table.

Jade Green
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
"I don't know." Greysight replied, looking grateful that both GoldRain (literally) stepped in. Coupled with Leonardo's order, it was enough for Raphael to back down. "All I know is that those who survive the virus are different somehow."

"Exactly what do we hafta to do?" He asked, growling a little bit. "And who'll survive?"

"There's the thing," She sighed, rubbing her chin. "As far as I know there isn't anything we can do other than ride it out. The virus attacks the victim genetic code just like AIDs attacks the T-cells... Even if there was a cure, it's already wide spread and my intel said that China was supposed to be hit too."

"You tellin' us it's hopeless?" Raphael sneered.

"Mostly, yes." She shrugged.

"Exactly how did you plan on helpin' us?"

"By giving you a warning: Get as much food as you can, and get out of the city. Stay as far from population as you can -- bring your human friends too, I don't care -- but leave as quickly as you can." Her voice was dark and her eyes seemed to have a distant look in them, "War in eminent, my friends, once one button is pushed... they all are."

"You're just some paranoid..." The next word Raphael use was of the offensive nature.

"Whatever, I warned you, I've done my good deed for the evening."

..~*~..

"Yes, there is." Splinter replied rather defiantly, "We can survive."

(btw, if someone else would rather play Raphael, let me know.)

Toonami Tom
06-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Leonardo just stared after hearing this, thinking about what to say. Greysight's eyes were too much for him, with their seemingly hypnotizing nature. Maybe he was attracted to her? He wasn't sure. She was the first female mutant turtle he had ever seen. He dismissed those thoughts, as they were irrelevant at the moment. He stared at her chin instead of her fantastic eyes.

"It sounds like a cure for the virus is unlikely, and that it wouldn't matter at this point. I appreciate the warning. I'm guessing that an attack on the ones who started the outbreak would be a terrible idea, correct? We would probably be greatly outnumbered, and find ourselves imprisoned or dead."

The turtle turned to Raph. "Unless Greysight tells us we stand a chance to defeat the creators of the virus, I'm right about this. This isn't The Shredder we're dealing with. It's probably an entire country, with an army."

He looked back to the female turtle. "Greysight, I invite you to stay with me and my brothers. I would like to consider you a friend."

He was half expecting her to leap off the roof and disappear. He had hopes that she wouldn't do that.

"There's strength in numbers."

~~~~~~~~

April found this to be hopeful. "You're right." She forced a slight smile.

Cowabunga Carl
06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Mike just stood there dumbfounded. What was there to say? After all between Leo and Raph they had pretty much covered to spectrum of reaction. He wanted to joke, make light of the subject after all that was how he dealt with things. Yet something in him just knew it wasn't appropriate.

------

"Look Master Splinter I don't mean no disrespect," Casey said pacing back and forth from listening to April and him talk, "But I just feel kinda helpless sitting down here while the guys are up there."

Heading towards Raph's bike, "I'm sorry babe I have ta go."

Garou
06-17-2010, 02:53 AM
((I can take Raph if you want :tsmile: )

GoldRain nodded to the reply he was given, listening in for the rest. He didn't know much about the deal, as he had tried to stay out of human matters as much as he could since.... well, that didn't matter now.

As they talked, the large wolf watched Raph and Leo. The red masked turtle seemed ungrateful for the information, while the bluemasked one seemed more pleased. The two others were silent.

Jade Green
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
((Raphael is yours, Garou!))

Greysight crossed her arms and raised her head to peer at Leonardo over the bridge of her beak. This guy was simply agreeing with everything she was saying. She could tell him that the moon was a giant jaw breaker and he'd likely agree! Great, all she meant to do was warn these idiots and one of them already had some stupid crush on her. Rather than complete hurt the masked turtle's feelings, she said, "Do you speak for your entire family? Are you really willing to put them through that kind of risk?" She wanted to see what his brothers had to say about this.

..~*~..

Splinter raised his head to look at Casey, "Be careful, do you have a mask to wear? Please take one if you do not. I do not wish for you to become ill as well."

Garou
06-17-2010, 01:17 PM
((Thank you))

<*>...<*>...<*>

"No, he ain't," Raph frowned, looking from Greysight to Leo, "Are ya nuts? We don't even know her, and ya're already invitin' her home for dinner?" Raph could see that it was amazing to have found other mutants, even a mutant turtle who just so happened to be a female. But they didn't know her, and if she was to be taken home to the lair, would the big dog follow? No, it was simply too risky.

Toonami Tom
06-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Leonardo glared at Raph. He looked at Greysight. "Obviously I do not speak for my entire family. If anyone is gong to take a risk, it will be me. Sometimes risks have to be taken for the greater good."

The turtle focused on his red masked brother again. "If you don't like the way I'm handling the situation, maybe you would like to be in charge. Do you have any better ideas? Because at this point, we really don't have a lot of choices."

He didn't wait for a reply, and walked closer to where Greysight was standing. "What are your plans? I believe that if I leave with you, that it will be beneficial to finding a solution to the problem. I want to learn everything I can. If the others don't trust you, then I will. The question is, do you trust me? If not.... then I guess we're done here."

Was he out of his mind? Leonardo didn't think so.

~~~~~~~~

"Please be careful, Casey. Make sure you take your cell phone with you." April said.

Jade Green
06-17-2010, 09:31 PM
"Just because one is honest it does not mean one is trustworthy." She replied simply, "And, I already told you the solution to the problem. Get away from civilization. I've got a few things to attend to and then I'll be gone too. So yes, we are done here. Good bye." Greysight turned and started walkinga way. "Seriously..." She muttered to herself, "Why the hell would I bunk with four males?"

Toonami Tom
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
"Just because one is honest it does not mean one is trustworthy." She replied simply, "And, I already told you the solution to the problem. Get away from civilization. I've got a few things to attend to and then I'll be gone too. So yes, we are done here. Good bye." Greysight turned and started walkinga way. "Seriously..." She muttered to herself, "Why the hell would I bunk with four males?"

"Good bye." Leonardo turned and walked away.

"Alright guys, let's gather our needed supplies and go home."

The turtle stopped near GoldRain, handing him a shell cell. "Hi." He looked up at the big mutant. "This is a phone. Press the blue button to call me, if you want to talk sometime." He nodded to the wolf in respect.

Garou
06-18-2010, 03:23 AM
GoldRain crosssed his arms. If the only way to be safe was to get out of town, he didn't have much time. He had someone here in the city he needed to find before he could leave.

As the group started splitting up, the blue masked turtle walked up to him and held out a phone to him. A bit puzzled, GoldRain accepted the phone and gave a respectful nod back to Leonardo. He wasn't sure why the turtle offered him this, but he probably had his reasons, and perhaps it could be useful in the future.

<*>...<*>...<*>

Raph clanced back as the turned around to leave. Was leaving really the only solution? It would mean they were facing a foe they couldn't touch, unless Don could figure out something to beat a virus.
But they didn't even know if that female turtle was telling the truth. If she worked for the ones who were responsible for all this, wasn't it the information they had been given that was best for them to believe? If people thought nothing could be done, noone would do anything - a little too convenient.

None the less, Raph agreed a bit with Leo's orders for now: they should just get the things they were after and get home, maybe tell Splinter about what had happened.

Jade Green
06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Greysight moved from the roof to another in close proximity. She knew that there was some distrust within the four turtles, but she wasn't worried about that. As far as she was concerned, she did her part and warned them about the dangers they were facing and even told them what they could do to avoid dying. If they didn't believe her, it was their fault and not hers. She continued onwards, she had been stocking up for this for years but there were still a few things she needed.

Cowabunga Carl
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM
"Ummm I just want to say that was the weirdest little encounter we have had in a while," Mikey finally spoke, "I think she dug the orange bandanna guys. She couldn't stop looking at me." Then his attention was back on the skateboard. Where did it go?

Garou
06-18-2010, 12:54 PM
"Then ya better go after her, before Leo makes his move," Raph said mockingly. His face was directed at Mikey, but he was looking at Leo through the corner of his eye.

<*>...<*>...<*>

GoldRain looked back at Greysight's disappearing figure, as she took her leave. The thought of asking her for help crossed his mind for a second, but he decided against it. She could make her voice appear in someone's head, but that didn't have to mean she could find someone who maybe weren't even in the area. No, he would have to look on his own.

The wolf started walking towards the edge of the roof and leaped down, grabbing the fire escape ledge on the way to break his fall, before he landed on all four on the ground in an empty alley. He looked around before sticking his hand inside his jacket.

"Why are you so quiet?" he asked, as he looked down into the pocket. The ferret lied on its back while licking its paws, with the clean-eaten bone lying next to it.
GoldRain smiled to himself and heaved the bone up to throw it aside. Which reminded him - he had been disturbed during his dinner...

Toonami Tom
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Leo smirked at what Mikey had said about Greysight being interested in him. Yeah, right. He thought to himself, rolling his eyes.

He gritted his teeth after Raph began teasing.

“Okay, the shows over. Let’s go.”

He leaped from the roof top he was standing on, headed towards a closed store that would have supplies they needed.

Mutated Turtle
06-19-2010, 02:24 AM
"YOU...you...trusted her?!" Don snapped at Leo. "Why would you trust Greysight?! She even said that she knew the people who made the virus.She could be trying to get us killed!" Don became furious,yet still paranoid at the same time. He did think that Greysight was trying to get them killed .

Jade Green
06-19-2010, 01:40 PM
(Garou, who is GoldRain looking for? Angel? If so, I DO have an idea. PM me!)

Greysight stopped at a roof top and stared down at the building she had been looking for. Money was going to be worthless in a few years, and in a few everyone would be wanting to buy everything they could. Well, everyone who was still alive, that is. The female turtle had no money and so she really only had one option. The warehouse was dark and almost deserted. Almost. She could sense a few minds browsing around, renta-cops. Nothing to worry about.

The female turtle moved to the ground and waited for a guard to pass before slinking over a fence...

..~*~..

Since Casey was leaving to find the turtles, Master Splinter turned his attentions back to April. "Are you planning to go to Massachusetts?" He asked her, "I am thinking we may go with you."

Garou
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Raph followed close behind Leo towards the closed shop. He couldn't get that Greysight girl out of his head; who were she really, and why was she so interested in telling them about the virus if they were immune, but still should be running? Which only reminded him, what the shell was a huge wolf doing in New York city? Was he part of all this too? Or was he as clueless as they were? Urgh, it was too confusing.

<*>...<*>...<*>

Some blocks away, a young woman sat in her bedroom looking out on the almost empty streets. She was running out of food in the small apartment, but she was almost too afraid to go out. She had a mask lying on the small table next to the door, but still. Was that enough? She heaved a sigh, continuing to look outside.

Cowabunga Carl
06-21-2010, 08:07 AM
He could see the board once more but unfortunitly there where some children playing with it. Who let children out in this kind of thing going on really? Oh well seeing his brothers heading off Mikey joined them, "Umm guys I was thinking shouldn't I don't know one of us go after the girl turtle and try to get her to come with us? I mean you know to meet Master Splinter. She seems smart and he's smart they might be able to like work something out."

Casey smiled as he put the mask and helmet on. He was glad April worried. "I'll be careful don't worry. Don't plan on being gone to long. Just long enough to find the guys and tell um we brought some food."

With that he started Raph's bike and took off into the streets.

Toonami Tom
06-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Leonardo stopped on the roof top of a store. He looked back at Donnie. "Calm down. If Greysight wanted us dead, she wouldn't have left." At least I don't think she would have. He continued in thought.

The turtle took a glass cutter from his belt. He replied to Mikey "No, I invited Greysight to come with us. She turned us down. I understand your thinking though."

He turned back towards a window, cutting into it with the tool. "We should take what we need. It's stealing..... I don't feel good about it.... but we are mutants, the store is closed, there is a deadly outbreak in the city, and it's not like we have a better choice." The turtle started thinking about how Donnie had the lair connected to running water, electricity, internet, phone, and cable TV. Those were unpaid for too.

Lifting the glass, he stepped into the building. He was on the third floor.

~~~~~~~~

"Yes, I think going to Massachusetts would be a good idea. Casey told me he would like it if everyone went to the farm house." April drank the rest of the apple juice in the cup she was holding.

Jade Green
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
It wasn't hard at all to get past the rent-a-cops a the warehouse, and inside she found exactly what she was looking for: preservatives. Food that didn't need a fridgerator to last, she grabbed as much as she could, listening for the footsteps of the guards. When she had enough, Greysight made it for the exit.

If the situation were different, she wasn't sure she would have turned down Leonardo's offer; however, she was still fairly certain that those who had caused this whole mess were still out there. It was her job to take them down.

Alone.

..~*~..

"Then, when the boys return, we shall pack." He replied, "Hopefully they will have brought a sufficient amount of food." The old rat sighed, "Until then, I think I shall meditate."

Garou
06-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Raph followed right after Leo through the hole and into the store. The hard part now was to decide if they should take a lot to ensure themselves. How would they know if the store could restock? It probably couldn't...

Anyways, the best to bring with them would be canned food, so they could save some for the worse periords of time...

Toonami Tom
06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
"Alright." April nodded to Splinter. "That's a good plan. I will help you pack, when ready."

~~~~~~~~

Leonardo was busy gathering supplies in the dark. He returned to the opening in the glass when his hands were full of stacked items. Most of them were canned goods. "This is all I can carry. Gather what you can."

The situation was, as his brother Mikey might say, a total bummer.

Jade Green
06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Splinter nodded and entered his room, maybe his aquaintence would be there. He had more questions to ask her.

..~*~..

The food retrieved, Greysight made her way back to where she had seen that motorcycle. She hadn't exactly done what she really had come here to do, but it seemed like she wasn't ever going to find the proof she had needed. It was better to get out while it was still safe, and Massachusetts had a lot of nice empty farms just waiting for the taking.

Mutated Turtle
06-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Don followed Leo into the store. "So...about how much do we need?" he asked.He then started to gather food, Don mostly gathered canned foods, but he gathered other foods, too.

Garou
06-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Raph gathered what he could of some canned food, but also took some fresh food with him. When he had what he could carry, he started walking back to the hole and Leo, passing the counter on the way.

He didn't like retrieving food this way, and he absentmindedly found a small amount of cash that he had and placed it on the counter. It was nearly enough, but it made him feel a bit better with the situation.

<*>...<*>...<*>

A distance away, GoldRain peeked his head out from an alley to check if anyone was on the street. Finding it empty, he stepped out on all four and walked over to the front door. On the side, he could see a list of names of the residents in the building. He let a claw slide down from the top to the bottom, not finding the name he was looking for. With a grunt, he walked over to the next door, all the time listening for any sounds from humans on the street.

Toonami Tom
06-23-2010, 07:15 AM
"Bring about half the load I'm carrying." Leo replied to his purple masked brother.

He stepped out of the store, and stood on the roof.

~~~~~~~~

April watched Splinter leave. She took the empty juice cup to the kitchen, and returned to the living room, deciding to lay down on the couch. She closed her eyes, resting.

Jade Green
06-23-2010, 07:23 PM
At this time, I think we should let certain people catch up, since the turtles are supposed to be heading home anyhow

Cowabunga Carl
07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
(I have to bow out do to personal reasons. I am so sorry. I hope to see you guys around when I return.)

Jade Green
07-02-2010, 01:32 AM
(Ok, in which case, Michelangelo and Casey are free. I will NPC them until they are claimed. I'll be posting for both later)

Toonami Tom
07-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Leo was holding supplies all the way up to his chin. Looking back at his brothers, he noticed they were also carrying various items. "Alright guys, I think we have enough. Let's go back to the lair." The turtle would be glad when he could put all this stuff down.

The blue clad ninja slowly climbed down to the street. He was careful, so that he wouldn't drop anything. Nobody liked a dented can, after all.

Jade Green
07-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Splinter opened his eyes and frowned. His acquaintance had not been there and so his meditation had felt… fruitless. Reaching for his shell cell, he decided it would be best if he contacted his sons. For reasons that he would never explain, he chose Raphael. He dialed and waited for the red banded turtle to answer.

Garou
07-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Raph had just gotten out with the carried load, when his shell cell started ringing. Of course, now was the time for a phonecall, when you didn't have any hands free. With a loud grunt, he placed the gathered food brutely on the ground, denting some of the cans as they hit the roof.

"Hey," he simply replied into the phone, using the moment to stretcth his back before he had to maneuvre the food down the fire escape.

Jade Green
07-21-2010, 05:13 PM
"Raphael, if you and your brothers are not already on your way, please head home. We will be leaving with April and Casey for the farm." Splinter told him.