PDA

View Full Version : Selling vintage toys to toy stores

rsherid
06-01-2010, 07:19 AM
I have a collection of Playmobil that a local toy store specializing in vintage toys is interested in. They pay cash. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken this route? Do they usually give you what it's worth?

***First of Two Latin Kings***
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Why is it that lately we have had so many people sign up who only care about selling? And here's one who isn't even selling TMNT.

This thread seriously belongs in another section of these forums.

Krang
06-02-2010, 01:04 AM
To be fair, the OP has 39 posts and has been a member here for a year and a half. But I agree that the thread belongs in another section, so it has been moved.

Blade Raider
06-02-2010, 01:59 AM
I have a collection of Playmobil that a local toy store specializing in vintage toys is interested in. They pay cash. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken this route? Do they usually give you what it's worth?
If you want it's true value, then net is probably your best bet. Local stores are normally a type of pawn shop and they have to resell it for profit. It depends on the store how much they'll be willing to give for it. Demand is another factor. Little demand = less they'll give ya. No Demand = Not buying. It also depends on what specifically you're selling. You could have the most common, most unwant toy of them or you could have the ultra rare squishy coin variant (something like that).

Basically, there's to many factors to give you an answer. Figure out what it's worth, then take it. If you don't like it, take it elsewhere.

PS I wouldn't ask here what Playmobil is worth. You probably won't get an answer.

Why is it that lately we have had so many people sign up who only care about selling? And here's one who isn't even selling TMNT.
Eh, I'd chalk it up to the economy right now. People need money and playthings are (normally) the first to go.