PDA

View Full Version : Man killed by dogs

Leogeddon
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
NEW RUSSIA TOWNSHIP — Several family dogs were responsible for the vicious mauling death of a 30-year-old New Russia Township man in front of his home yesterday afternoon.

The body of Michael Winters was found by his father, Michael Kywa, at their 48385 SR 511 home around 12:17 p.m. Winters was lying face down in the driveway having been killed by several dogs owned by the family, according to Lorain County Sheriff’s Capt. Donald Barker. Barker said Winters came home around noon, put his car in the garage and went to shut the security gate in front of the home.

“At that point, we don’t know what happened,” Barker said. “When the father came home, he found his son in the driveway.”

Winters was dead by the time his father found him and his wounds were very extensive, according to Lorain County Coroner Dr. Paul Matus.

“This was not just a bite,” he said. “This was literally hundreds of bites and claw marks all over the body. This was a vicious attack and a persistent attack and I’m sure maybe more than one dog may have joined in by the looks of it.”

Kywa called 911 and corralled many of the dogs in his detached garage, according to sheriff’s office. Deputies and emergency services arrived and Winters was pronounced dead at the scene.

Because some of the dogs were still at large, deputies blocked off traffic on SR 511 for nearly three hours while the animals were rounded up by the Lorain County dog warden and his deputies and the scene was investigated. Barker said he was unsure the exact number of dogs, but said it was between eight and 10. He also was not sure of the breeds of the dogs, other than they were mostly large mutts, one of which was a rottweiler and another was a mastiff.
http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/06/16/news/mj2893684.txt
Such a horrible way to go, by the sounds of it nobody was there to help him at his time of need.

shuriken
08-23-2010, 06:39 PM
That is absolutely terrifying. Such a crappy way to die.

Koi
08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I had my head chewed on by a dog when I was younger. But gosh, to die by a dog is pretty sad. Must be absolutely horrifying to die while being chewed apart and ravaged on by dogs.

shuriken
08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
I got my shoulder bitten by a big mutt when i was three. It hurt like hell and left me a little scar( at the time it was big but now it's tiny) . I could only imagine what he went through in his final moments.

Eiko
08-24-2010, 04:42 AM
God that's horrible poor guy.:cry:

chrisr291
09-05-2010, 02:00 PM
poor guy, what a horrible way to go.

Katie
09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
People get killed by dogs all the time. There have been five or six stories on my local news this week. Most recently an 85 year old woman killed by her own dog yesterday.

To me, a little training and never owning a dog you can't handle goes a long way.

AquaParade
09-06-2010, 09:05 PM
So surreal. Who expects to die at the paws of a pack of dogs?

BubblyShell22
09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Wow. What a horrible way to go.

Lynn
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Poor man. That's just terrible.

Candy Kappa
09-10-2010, 04:41 AM
it happens