PDA

View Full Version : The 80's are Coming!

ooglafina
06-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Anybody else feel like we're regressing back in time into the 80's? I'm listening to "Satisfaction" by Benny Benassi right now and his voice sounds like a Simon Says or one of those old toys that would say what you spelled. Plus La Roux is out there sounding and looking 80's. She drives me up the wall. I'm sure there are more 80's wannabes out there, but I'm blocking them out right now.

I feel like they reached the limit in musical engineering and now they need to go back in time to when they first invented synths because it's too easy otherwise or something.

RAM BAM
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Music is cyclamatic in that it borrows/emulates from eras that have passed.
Now we are in a phase where the producers & artists have rediscovered
the awesomeness that was the 80s! I was just noticing this myself.

There seems also to be a lot of 8-bit videogame sound FX used as well.
E.G. - Taio Cruz - "Break Your Heart" (Awesome song, and album!)
Other artists like Goldfrapp are channeling the 80s.

ooglafina
06-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I've noticed the video game sounds too. I wonder if this is because all the people who were young then have nostalgic feelings about those sounds. I don't mind it myself, just when it's too grating. I like the Benassi song. La Roux really gets on my nerves though. And Taio Cruz is pretty catchy.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Music is cyclamatic in that it borrows/emulates from eras that have passed.
Now we are in a phase where the producers & artists have rediscovered
the awesomeness that was the 80s! I was just noticing this myself.

I think that era's over now, and a 1990's rediscovering will begin.

FLAduranie
06-20-2010, 11:18 AM
The 80's flashback has been going on for years and has been on the way out for awhile now. Here come the 90's!!!

Katie
06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
The 80's flashback has been going on for years and has been on the way out for awhile now. Here come the 90's!!!

oh great.....depression and plaid

Master Splinter
06-20-2010, 08:42 PM
oh great.....depression and plaid

fml

-ms

ThirdMarioBro
06-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I think we're in an 80s'/90s blend right now. Synth and bubblegun pop are abound. A nice combination might I add.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-21-2010, 09:30 AM

And back in the 1990's, we had a 1970's retro wave. What I like best with the 1970's music is ABBA and the country music songs.