PDA

View Full Version : Interesting TMNT Poll Results

Newton Gimmick
08-03-2010, 08:43 AM
All month long over at Infinite Hollywood, we had a poll "Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle?" and fans from all across the globe voted. Sine our site isn't strictly just a TMNT site, I'd say the fans were a decent sampling of "causal" or "mainstream" fans. Yet the poll ended up with quite a bit of different results than I would have expected.

See the poll results of who everyone voted as their favorite turtle: Ninja Turtle Poll Results (http://www.infinitehollywood.com/2010/08/ninja-turtle-poll-results.html)

Don and Leo in particular, surprised me.

Just thought this might be of interest to some folks here. Especially those fans of the so called, "less popular" TMNT guys.

Prowler
08-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Poll results aren't surprising at all. Mikey has always been the most popular Turtle due to his party and fun attitude. And Leo has always been popular too just for being the leader, which automatically made people think that he's the most talented fighter of the group. Raphael has never been very popular, though.

Newton Gimmick
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
You're saying Raph has never been popular? That's absurd.

I've never seen a poll with results anything like this, aside from Mike, which was to be expected.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened ever or anything, but I was pretty shocked. I've seen dozens, if not hundreds of polls since the early 1990's that always end up with the same results, Mike/Raph at the top neck and neck with Leo/Don at the bottom.

OA
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Yea, I think seeing Raph there at the bottom is a bit of surprise. Don/Nerd always seems to bring up the rear in these kind of polls.

Charlotte_Sometimes
08-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm not too surprised. Definetly Mikey will be ontop due to his explosive personality in the 80s.
Likewise, I'm not surprised that Raph came in last, as even some of my friends who are just casual fans have said that he's been a jerk in the past decade, which made them gravitate more towards Don and Leo.

I can definetly see Don getting good solid votes, as these days it's hip to be square.
And Leo getting high votes because everyone loves a true-blue hero.

Ninjinister
08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Raph always gets the fangirl vote for some reason, so I would have expected him to be second place at least.

Bmaga123
08-03-2010, 11:18 AM
OMG that is crazy, my order from 1st to last is the exact opposite. I am very suprised Raph is last because he alwasy comes in first on these forums. ;-)

1. Raph
2. Don
3. Leo
4. Mike

Koi
08-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I have seen these results pretty much everywhere. Especially if there are enough casual fans.

Spitfire
08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I hear Raph the most when people say who they're favorite turtle was. I hear Mikey sometimes but a few years ago it was him I was hearing the most. The Raph people are funny though. Almost everyone of them says some variation of this "I like Raph because he's like me, I'm all angry and hardcore RAWR!" Like okay dude sure. :roll:

Anyways I don't know how many people voted on this so I can't say how valid these results are.

Prowler
08-04-2010, 08:49 AM
You're saying Raph has never been popular? That's absurd.

I've never seen a poll with results anything like this, aside from Mike, which was to be expected.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened ever or anything, but I was pretty shocked. I've seen dozens, if not hundreds of polls since the early 1990's that always end up with the same results, Mike/Raph at the top neck and neck with Leo/Don at the bottom.
I never said Raph wasn't popular, I meant that compared with the other 3 he wasn't as popular. And why do I think this? Because everytime I found a TMNT poll on different websites Raph always got 3rd or 4th. Mikey or Leo were always at the top.
Not to mention that people I knew who watched the show as kid didn't care much for Raph, I was the only Raph fan it seems.

If you think about it, Raph was the weakest character in most TMNT games, which probably affected his popularity.

Newton Gimmick
08-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I guess. I've never seen anything to suggest that, ever.