PDA

View Full Version : Knockoffs & Bootlegs

Hero
08-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I can't remember if there has been such a thread before, but I figured this section could do with an obigatory KO thread. If there has been one already, consider this one Mk2

I found these today on my travels:
http://figuredouthq.blogspot.com/2010/08/alien-terminators-return-oo.html

I think they may be DinoZaurs KOs. If anyone wants a set of these, let me know. It's tat... but obscure and collectable tat from the UK :).

When I say Poundshops, I mean Dollar Stores.

The Alien Terminators have been around before. They have mainly been Power Rangers, Gundam and Transformer moulds knocked off into one line. The previous Alien Terminators have been horrible and these are actually a little better, but still nasty low-quality knockoffs all the same.

===HERO

Ninjinister
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
When it comes to reviewing bootleg s**t, there's few better then Dr. Stuart Ashen.

sH1X2UmSt4M

Hero
09-08-2010, 08:29 AM
That was bloomin' marvellous!

===HERO

Ninjinister
09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah, any sort of tat you can think of, he'll review. He even gets a lot of it at Poundland, himself.

Unfortunately, the American versions of those aren't so fun for getting bootles these days. Dollar Store's gone belly-up and the Dollar Tree only sells old-arse merch that never sold or randomly licensed rubbish (Naruto paddleball, Astro Boy tops), but it's all legit.

In addition, the American version of those Stay Fresh Bags are in regular markets for $12.99!

EDIT: Hey Hero, if you're interested in seeing more of Dr. Ashen's stuff, he has a few videos on the Beeb's website.