PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying action figure

Digital Ghost
10-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Alrighty folks, I need your assistance identifying an actiion figure and all I have to go on is the description, as I parted with it many years ago and image searches are coming up empty.

Here's a brief description from memory, so I could be wrong with certain details...

It was one of my favorites as a kid and from what I recall, quite poseable. It looks like a cyborg hawk, possessing red eyes, a set of removable wings and a laser-rifle. The back of the head has a poseable extension (pony-tail would be the wrong word) and there may have been a symbol on the body somewhere. It was obviously from something fantasy/sci-fi related, perhaps even G.I. Joe but I haven't been able to locate it. Keep in mind, it wasn't as large as a He-Man figure, for example.

Well, that's really all I have to go on.. if you know what I'm referring to, please let me know as I'd love to track down another one of these!

Any help is immensely appreciated!

I want to add that it has a human-shaped body... the only part resembling a bird is the head.
The wings aren't bird-like wings either but rather, streamlined mechanical wings.

cryan
10-11-2010, 01:45 PM
I think I know.I think it's from Mattel from the Captian Power line called the Sentry.I think that is what it is.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
10-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Someone google it and see if a picture like what he described comes up.

cryan
10-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I found a picture of it on Ebay.Is this what you were looking for?I remember this toy line from 1987.I only had the white fighter palne.

Brodie
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Someone google it and see if a picture like what he described comes up.

Genius idea.

Are you incapable?

Digital Ghost
10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2246/2141846535_7123bd9ac7.jpg

YES!!! This is it, thanks so much cryan! I knew I could count on you guys. :D
This guy was one of my favorite figures when I was a kid... I don't think I had any other Captain Power stuff, hence why I couldn't find it.

Actually, I found this website (http://www.action-figures.ca/captain_power.htm) and I had almost all of them. :lol:

cryan
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah,the cool thing about Captain Power was that the toys and the live action show that followed were interactive.The toys could shot infrad beams at each other and with a few hits the figure get ejected from the Jet.Very innovative at the time.Oh,you are quite welcome:D.When you posted the description it took me a little while to get figure it out.