PDA

View Full Version : How many times did April almost die in the original series?

CyberCubed
10-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Out of the 193 episodes they made, I'd say April almost died in about 80% of them.

For a kids show, Shredder actually almost sent April to her death in a large number of episodes. Other eps would have April falling off a cliff or a skyscraper and almost hit pavement below.

In other eps April almost drowns. Or some gangsters take her hostage. Or April gets kidnapped by aliens.

April constantly stared death in the face in the original series.

shuriken
10-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Pretty much. Gonna take a wild guess and say it was over 9000.

gobo
10-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Drawings can't die, silly. :P

Powder
10-21-2010, 12:43 AM
If/when I decide to watch the series from start to finish, I'll count. Really, I will. That's an interesting question.

cryan
10-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Well,let see here.There was one episode where she almost got boiled in hot wax.One where she almost got ran over by the Technodome.Man she was put in so many situations it was rediculos.

Luzmagica
10-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Turtles Forever Dixit: "We use to save April at least once in a day".... :P

Eiko
10-21-2010, 07:28 AM
I think its almost every episode.

Sage Ninja
10-21-2010, 08:25 AM
what I found amazing was in one episode this dude goes all to pieces and gets mutated, which renders him able to change form at will. This dude kidnaps April, ties her to a cord and sends her sliding toward a grinding machine, and only stops inches before she was to get horriablely minced up in the gears. Then later, she actually accpets a date with this guy who tried to kill her...

oldmanwinters
10-21-2010, 08:38 AM
what I found amazing was in one episode this dude goes all to pieces and gets mutated, which renders him able to change form at will. This dude kidnaps April, ties her to a cord and sends her sliding toward a grinding machine, and only stops inches before she was to get horriablely minced up in the gears. Then later, she actually accpets a date with this guy who tried to kill her...

Ha, April wasn't one to hold a grudge! Though if I remember, wasn't there an exclusive interview involved?

Sage Ninja
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
well, I'm tempted to cut her some slack, because he did permently morph his appearance into that of another person. So maybe she simply didn't realize he was the same person who tried to turn her into hamburger...or something. dunno, I can't say i remember every detail of that episode now that I think about it. LOL

oldmanwinters
10-21-2010, 10:51 AM
If/when I decide to watch the series from start to finish, I'll count. Really, I will. That's an interesting question.

I'll go ahead and start the list:
1. Turtle Tracks: Almost beaten to death by Shredder's thugs before first meeting the TMNT.
2. Turtle Tracks: Kidnapped by Foot Soldiers and used as turtle bait (not sure if this counts since we don't know what would have happened to her if the turtles failed).
3. Turtle Tracks: Almost drowns when Shredder's building floods.
4. Turtle Tracks: Almost goes down with the building when it explodes except for Leonardo's quick thinking to grab the rope and swing away.
5. A Thing About Rats: Almost eaten by the mousers attacking her apartment until the TMNT intervene.
6. A Thing About Rats: (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9t99o_tmnt-gone-wrong-parody-episode-2_fun) Almost goes down with her apartment building when the mousers eat away at its foundations until the TMNT intervene.
7. A Thing About Rats: Almost eaten by the mouser horde along with Splinter and 3 turtles until Mikey saves the day and deactivates the mousers.
8. Hot-Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X: Almost blown up by the Rock Soldier's missile when it destroys the arcade. Pulled away by Raph at the last milli-second.

April's extremely high-risk driving style has been overlooked in this list, because I guess that's just how you gotta wheel it when you are trying to get through NYC in a hurry!

So, I'm counting 8 near-death experiences in the first season alone. Did I miss anything?

Koi
10-21-2010, 11:27 AM

drinking game?

CyberCubed
10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Remember the ep when April and Vernon were blind folded and they were hopping on the outside ledges of the Channel 6 building, like 30 floors up?

Candy Kappa
10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
drinking game?

I like the way you think

Gyt Kaliba
10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Pretty much. Gonna take a wild guess and say it was over 9000.

I see what you did there.:lol:

Icebot
10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Remember the ep when April and Vernon were blind folded and they were hopping on the outside ledges of the Channel 6 building, like 30 floors up?

That wasn't the Channel 6 building. That was Don Turtelli's hide out on a high floor.

What about the time the Channel 6 building blew up in the first Red Sky episode? April and the others escaped at the very last minute (Splinter saved them), and the turtles thought they were dead for a minute.

oldmanwinters
10-21-2010, 05:07 PM
1. It Came from Beneath the Sewers- grabbed by the giant plant monster and dragged across the floor (likely to be eaten) until Don intervened.
2. It Came from Beneath the Sewers- held hostage by Shredder at a warehouse on the docks. Not sure if this really counts but you never know...
3. The Mean Machines- While being attacked by the OMNUS controlled construction equipment, April trips and is almost flattened by a bulldozer until Leonardo intervenes at the last second.
4. Curse of the Evil Eye- almost crushed by a collapsing stone wall until her friend pulls her out of the way.
5. Case of the Killer Pizzas- almost killed by the Pizza Monsters.
6. Enter the Fly- poisoned by toxic fumes from the dooku plant for whole episode.
7. Splinter No More- Almost killed by the creature from another dimension which Shredder summoned.
8. Teenagers from Dimension X- Probably done in by the motorcycle street gang unless the Neutrinos hadn't thought to escape through the sewer hole.
9. New York's Shiniest- probably would have been killed by the evil robot cops with Splinter & Rex-1 had the TMNT not intervened.
10. The Cat Woman from Channel Six- nothing obviously life-threatening (she's on the offense in this one!) although Leonardo could have missed his target when he lunged to cut the collar off her neck.
11. Return of the Technodrome- almost annihilated by the Technodrome's laser gun with Splinter & the turtles. Luckily, it failed (true to form).

So that's season 2. Any omissions?

CyberCubed
10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Jesus Christ, man, you're actually doing this?

Are you watching through the eps again or looking at screenshots somewhere? I didn't expect this topic to be taken seriously. :lol:

oldmanwinters
10-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Are you watching through the eps again or looking at screenshots somewhere? I didn't expect this topic to be taken seriously. :lol:

I know the first two seasons well enough so that I can do it mostly from memory. Beyond those early episodes, however, I really can't recall all the plot details. Gobo probably could though. He's been watching the whole series through!

Coola Yagami
10-24-2010, 07:54 PM
One of the most violent ones IMO cause it was a bit realistic rather than almost being killed by some cartoony death machine, was when she almost suffocated in that air-tight vault in "The Big Break In". I mean, damn, even as a kid, I felt for her when she finally got out and gasped for fresh air.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
10-31-2010, 06:21 AM
In the "Ring of Fire" Shredder almost killed both April and Irma, must have been more episodes where both April and Irma were in danger.

Koi
12-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Someone still needs to count the almost deaths.