PDA

View Full Version : Random Shirt I found

Spitfire
11-06-2010, 02:13 AM
I randomly saw this on Facebook today. Anyone ever seen this shirt before?
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0020/2552/products/TMNT_Shirt_large.jpg?1287406226

http://www.merchconnectioninc.com/products/stick-to-your-guns-tmnt-shirt

Apparently it was created for some band by the name of "Stick To Your Guns". I find it hilarious that all these bands just use the turtles image for whatever.

Anyway never heard the band but I think the shirt is pretty neat. Except giving Raph glasses, that is odd. Don I could see. Maybe they're supposed to represent the band members? I don't know.

Archon_Turtle
11-06-2010, 02:30 AM
It'll be kinda fascinating to see if Nick brings the hammer down on this kind of stuff at all once they get on the ball with the property.

KittenBunny
11-06-2010, 05:05 AM
That is such a HOT t-shirt, I love the purple colour, and the lovely virbrance of it all.. agree with the bad glasses look, additionally I do think it would be good if someone cuts in on this stuff, im not sure if they have paid a licensing fee for it, but I really dont like the Turtles being used to promote any old **** like some unheard of band.. in a way its not fair, some of it is a mockery of them..

Spitfire
11-06-2010, 12:47 PM
It'll be kinda fascinating to see if Nick brings the hammer down on this kind of stuff at all once they get on the ball with the property.

Yeah me too. It'll be like the video rental store all over again.

discordiatookie
11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Why the purple shells? Weird. Bit strange for band merch...

Powder
11-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I have this shirt. Hate the band, though.
I have a friend who's into 'em & while lookin' for their merch he came across it and passed me the link.
I think it's pretty rad. Especially considering they've got Raph rockin' nerd glasses.

Spitfire
11-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Ugh yeah I just looked them up. Wanna be metal stealing riffs from Gothenburg metal bands with retarded back up vocals. Pick a vocal style and stick to it. If you're going to jump around at least know how.

Abnormal Freak
11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I kinda dig the art, and the purple, but would feel retarded sporting a shirt with this band name on it, heh. "Melodic metalcore" can go to hell; I hear it everywhere.

KittenBunny
11-07-2010, 03:02 AM
anyone know where i can get one>?? xx kb

Powder
11-07-2010, 03:26 AM
anyone know where i can get one>?? xx kb

How about clicking the link?

Eiko
11-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Looks like a pretty cool shirt.

Oniri
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I know this is oddly nick-picky, but is Raph wearing the glasses over the bandana? To me it kinda looks like the glasses and the bandana fused into one since there doesn't seem to be any arms for the glasses...

Koi
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I know this is oddly nick-picky, but is Raph wearing the glasses over the bandana? To me it kinda looks like the glasses and the bandana fused into one since there doesn't seem to be any arms for the glasses...

He just prob tapes it on like a true nerd.