PDA

View Full Version : The Official Christmas Loot Thread

12-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Well, Christmas is around the corner, and like every year, there has GOTTA be a thread about what you got from the fat guy who lives up North.

I'm working Christmas this year, but I work at night, so I'll be around for the gift opening. I'm expecting a Kindle 3 this year. Can't wait! :)

Samhain
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I will be working over night on christmas eve so I will probably be sleepig the whole day, lol. I think I might be getting some Turtle figures, some new art supplies, and hopefully some new shoes/clothes. But gifts are not everything to me. Just as long as I am with my GF, my Christmas will be special.:)

TheCanadiandrome
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
just mainly giftcards for books and games

discordiatookie
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Hmm, what I know i'm getting is the latest Doctor Who boxset (Matt Smith) from my sister, and as I was just with her when she bought me 'em, a red tartan (or plaid as the majority in here will prefer) shirt and a batman t-shirt. Oh, and a case of beer from my work (Stella Artois ~ 24 pack. Yum!) Got most of my shopping done, just nipping into town tomorrow to pick up some smaller items for the loved ones, then that's me all set!

gobo
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
An Aerosmith compilation album, a couple of bookshelves... and that projector/screen/Bose bundle I bought for myself. I'll probably get more on Saturday (unless everyone's just being a Grinch this Christmas).

GK Punk
12-22-2010, 04:20 PM
All I asked for was the Haruhi Light novels that have been released in English. So that's probably all I'll get.

Eiko
12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
No idea what i will be getting. I'm just looking forward to watching my kids open thier xmas gifts and being with them and the rest of my family.

Kali
12-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, my friends already took me to Body Worlds for an early Christmas present, and other than that I'm probably only going to get a couple gift cards. Although I guess it's good because half the things I put on my list I don't want anymore.

cowabunga14
12-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I got some early presents: two pairs of Caribou Creek jeans and the 2011 Cult Attack calendar. I guess technically you could say I have a third gift even though I haven't gotten it yet. My grandma sent me a card with a piece of paper inside of it regarding a gift she'll be sending soon: the Olympic Team USA navy blue fleece jacket. Not sure what else I'll be getting, but I already got some stuff, which is nice.

12-22-2010, 10:55 PM
All I asked for was the Haruhi Light novels that have been released in English. So that's probably all I'll get.

Those are like, $10 each. u poor? lolololololol

I wonder what my girlfriend's gonna get me. She keeps saying every year that I'm impossible to shop for because I keep buying what I want. :)

XERO
12-22-2010, 10:58 PM
I already got what I wanted. A Wii.

I'm having a blast with it.

GK Punk
12-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Those are like, $10 each. u poor? lolololololol

Yeah, I am.

12-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I am.

Oh...sorry. :(

But those books are sweet. I have the first two in both languages. They were both a dollar at Book Off. Totally awesome.

GK Punk
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I never really said much on the forum, but starting two years ago everything has pretty much fallen apart for my family. So I'm cool with getting something so basic, everyone may be broke but at least most of us are still here and alive. That's really all that matters.

I read a good portion of the first book, but decided to not finish and just ask for them all for Christmas. (Especially since I couldn't think of anything else.) I think there's four or five books out now, but I'm not sure how far it goes. I kind of hope it gets to disappearance.

TheCanadiandrome
12-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I never really said much on the forum, but starting two years ago everything has pretty much fallen apart for my family. So I'm cool with getting something so basic, everyone may be broke but at least most of us are still here and alive. That's really all that matters.

this is true

Brodie
12-25-2010, 09:06 AM
I got a decent haul. Black friday shopping saved christmas:
Usagi Yojimbo Special edition collection
Heat Blu
Back to the Future Trilogy Blu
Ratchet & Clank Crack in time
Gamera 90's movies Blus
WWII in HD
Some Thundercats & Mighty Mouse shirts
Aaaaand dress clothes and ties for teaching.

A microwave....Which.....Not entirely sure why.....................longellipsis......

Raph's Girl
12-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I got:

Red Sweater
Aloe infused socks (comfy!)
Hot Topic Gift Card
Money
TMNT Mini-monster truck (Raphael)
TMNT USB Flash Drive
Turbie Twist Hair Towel
6 pack of IBC Cream Soda
Candy
Red mini flash light
Red Umbrella
Bee Gees Mythology 4 CD Box set :D

Katie
12-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I got snow! 3 inches! It's my first white Christmas and the first one here since 1963 I think.....that's a little bit before my time. :-P

BoggleKng
12-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Clothes for Work
Red Sox Winter Knit Cap
TMNT Smash Up for the Wii (for the kids, of course)
$50 gift card
Grow Your Own Mushroom Kit

I am hoping to get some books.. nothing fancy.. I never ask for much.

12-25-2010, 10:09 AM
I got:

Kindle 3 (with black case)
Sheep wool slippers
New black belt
Cash and Wendy's gift card
New work clothes for my new job starting in January

I still have a present to open from my grandmother who couldn't be at the Christmas Eve party, so I'll open that when I get home from work tonight.

Cure
12-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I like that someone gave you a Wendy's gift card. If I were to ever get a fast food gift card, I'd want Wendy's.

Ninjinister
12-25-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm at work for another 5 hours, but I do know me mum got me a crossbow.

TheCanadiandrome
12-25-2010, 12:33 PM
a gift card for Wal-mart
gift card for EB Games
gift card for Movie Theater
gift card for Chapters (book store)

cowabunga14
12-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Figures:
Star Wars The Legacy Collection: Kyle Katarn & Yuuzhan Vong Comic Pack
Star Wars The Saga Collection: Hem Dazon
Shadows of the Empire 2-pack: Boba Fett vs. IG-88

DVDs:
Slither
Ghost in the Shell
Tiger on Beat
Eleventh Hour: Voulme 2 (the one with Patrick Stewart)
To Live and Die in L.A.: Special Edition
Incubus (unrated)
Cult of Fury
Hard Boiled: Two-Disc Special Edition
Dead Snow: Two-Disc Special Edition
The Grudge

CDs:
Embodyment - The Narrow Scope of Things
For Today - Breaker
Starflyer 59 - The Changing of the Guard
Slechtvalk - At the Dawn of War
Klank - Still Suffering

Other stuff:
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch (black)
wireless headphones
socks and underwear
Starve the Flesh Skully t-shirt
2 pairs of pajama bottoms
The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks
chocolates

Prowler
12-25-2010, 01:28 PM
House season III DVD
House season IV DVD

I wanted to buy a piece of cloth too but I'll wait for the prices to drop in January.

ThirdMarioBro
12-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Didn't get much this year, but that's cool. Had too much fun giving instead. Stayed up all night working on/playing with the "toy" I got for my sister.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs033.snc6/166342_475722002399_513662399_6188724_2967433_n.jp g

BubblyShell22
12-25-2010, 02:32 PM
I got:

Turtles Forever on DVD
Twilight Scene It for Wii
A sweatshirt
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole DVD.

Haven't exchanged gifts with my BF yet, so I've got something else from him. I'll be doing that next week sometime.

Machias Banshee
12-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I love your tree, TMB.. :)

I got:

Shoumei White Tea
Raisinettes for Adults - Chocolate-covered Shiraz-soaked Muscat raisins
Coconut Egg Spread
Coconut Spread
Price Pfister super showerhead
Acorn Socks
New Bathrobe
Baking Powder Submarine toy
Harmonica
New Tracfone - on it's way
Don't Tread on Me Hat
SigSauer Handgun training course
"Country Wisdom and Know-How" everything you need to know about everything
$100 Gift Card to Country Curtains
....and I just won 10$ on a scratch ticket. Whoo!

...Our family likes to give unusual gifts... :D

Eiko
12-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I got some cat prints to hang on the wall.
My kids go scooters.
We have a family barby to go to today my mum said she has go some TMNT stuff for me.

ThirdMarioBro
12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
I love your tree, TMB.. :)

Yay! Thank you. Took all day to decorate, lolz.

Archon_Turtle
12-25-2010, 10:57 PM
The family is so goddamn big now that we decided to just buy for the kids under 18 and do a $25 gift exchange for the "adults". I wound up with a **** ton of chocolate when my starbucks giftcard was stolen from me!!!!!

Though I gotta say, the gift I brought was really popular. $25 in scratcher lotto tickets. The person that ended up with them won 36 bucks. So yay!

My wife gave me "Money toward the collection" which is pretty much what she always gets me. I'm terribly hard to shop for cause I tend to just buy what i want. Especially when it comes to the collection.

Powder
12-25-2010, 11:16 PM
I got some TMNT original art (not saying what until I post pics)
Tickets for Video Games Live (super pumped about that)
A DS lite with some choice games
Epic Mickey
Super Mario All Stars 25th Ann. pack
Megaman Anniversary Collection (Gamecube version to play on Wii)
5 Super Mario Bros. Super Show DVD's (Adding that to those that I own I'm now missing only 2)
A season of Pokemon as well as the first two films
A TMNT beanie
An RC Leonardo on a skateboard (neato!)
Fushigi (wasn't all too sure about that one... I'll have to see what I can do after I check out the DVD to see if it's really a hoax or not)
Sake/Incense
Nifty assorted stocking stuffer items
Too much candy for one person

That's 'bout it. Had loin of pork for dinner, some candy afterwards. Twas a good X-mas.

Ninjinister
12-26-2010, 07:54 AM
The family is so goddamn big now that we decided to just buy for the kids under 18 and do a $25 gift exchange for the "adults". I wound up with a **** ton of chocolate when my starbucks giftcard was stolen from me!!!!!

Mum's side of the family does that every year. I used to get Starbucks gift cards stolen from me ALL. THE. TIME. Fortunately, there was always like 3 or 4 at any given time. Now that I don't drink coffee and rarely make it out there for teas and whatnot, I decided to bring one, myself, to give. It was the only one this year.

Brodie
12-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Late additions:

Deadwood seasons 2 and 3.

IamtheKnight
12-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I got:
Toy Story 2- blu
Toy Story 3 - blu
The Sorcerer's Apprentice - blu
Goldeneye 007 -Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Wii
The Sounds of Star Wars
Medal of Honor 10th Aniversity -PC
A i Pod dock
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Calendar 2011
and a Acer laptop.

Raph's Girl
12-26-2010, 12:43 PM
The family is so goddamn big now that we decided to just buy for the kids under 18

U should do what my family does. We rotate every year. My family is too big to buy stuff for everyone and yet I STILL start christmas shopping in September. *lol* But every year I have a diff group to shop for. It's alot easier on the budget. Altho I sometimes don't remember who I have for that year. *lol*

BubblyShell22
12-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, with my mom's side of the family we usually just bought for the little kids. Now we don't have gatherings because we can't all get together. So Mom just buys for my cousin's kids and that's it.

TheCanadiandrome
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow TMB! quite the tree and gift

discordiatookie
12-27-2010, 12:57 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs033.snc6/166342_475722002399_513662399_6188724_2967433_n.jp g

Niiiiice! You got a lucky sister!

Hmm, what did I get? Doctor who book, DVD boxset and Dalek figure set. Slippers that look like sharks are eating my feet. A blanket with sleeves. Batman t-shirt and tartan shirt. A nice leather manbag (dunlop). Toiletries. T-shirt with "Bus W**kers written on it (from TV show The Inbetweeners). Rolling Stones mug (of which I now have three - one each for home, work, my sister's place).

Hmm, sure I got more, but just can't think right now! Oooh, managed to make my sister cry by giving her a picture frame ornament thingy. Its silver in colour and shaped like a tree, with twelve locket style frames (small and oval) hanging from the branches, in which I put pictures of my family (Grandma, Granda, mum, me, sister and sister's kid) leaving the rest blank as she'll want to put pictures of her partner's family in them. The top picture, just to keep things from getting too emotional was Adam West's Batman...

Spitfire
12-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I got some pretty cool stuff.

Megadeth Warchest
Judas Priest - Painkiller
This little Hot Wheels car that looks like Raph

Blurays
Sin City
Bad Santa
Dark Tranquillity: Where Death is Most Alive

All Hardcover
Marvel Zombies 2
Ultimate X-men Volume 9
Ultimatum: X-Men / Fantastic Four
Spider-man: The Real Clone Saga
Iron Man Noir

I got one more book coming because someone bought me a duplicate. I hope to get Old Man Logan, been wanting to read that one for awhile.

With gift cards I got these. Also all hardcover

Marvel Zombies 3, 4, and Return
Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness
Spider-man: Timestorm 2009-2099
Wolverine: Enemy of the State 1
X-Men Noir: Mark of Cain
Deathlok The Demolisher *Written by Charlie Hudson who did the Moon Knight relaunch in 2006*

Pretty good year. Got lots of reading to catch up on.

Turo602
12-27-2010, 04:18 PM
For Christmas I got...

250 Dollars
A Black Wii Pistol
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
Super Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Sonic Colors
Epic Mickey

It was pretty good.

BubblyShell22
12-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds cool.

Candy Kappa
12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
got

1 pair of boxers
x2 Deodorant and spray
money
chocolate box with only 2 chocolate pieces left

Digital Ghost
12-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I've posted about a few of them in the 'Recent Non-TMNT Toy Purchases thread but in time for Christmas, my fiancé purchased all kinds of things for me. Mind you, I knew about a couple of these ahead of time, as she had to be sure in regards to some of them, for obvious reasons.

Lindt chocolates!
Degrassi Junior & High Collections ("All the way with Stephanie Kaye!") ;)
Grand Theft Auto IV Collection - 'Cause I never did get to play the expansions.
McFarlane 12" Scar Predator figure
McFarlane AvP Scar & Elder Predator figures (The Celtic is coming soon!)
NECA colored 4 pack of TMNT figures (The last set Mirage had in stock!) :tgrin:
Pijamas

Oh and we purchased wedding bands for eachother! :tcool:

It was a great Christmas, obviously... but what was better was to see the reactions of others, from the the gifts I'd given them. I even repaired my fiancé's aunt's PC, recovering photos she'd taken since 2003 and never backed up! :o

Hero
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I did'nt open EVERYTHING on December 25th, though the majority of my haul is unwrapped that day. I usually spread my Christmas loot opening over the 12 day season. No... I did'nt get any partridges in pear trees :)

On top of that I had to do a lot of my daughter's unwrapping for her as she's too young to know what was going on or understand anything. As she's a newborn she was showered with tons of generosity.

Anyway, my Christmas haul:

Transformers Reveal The Sheild Tracks.
Transformers NEST Lockdown
A Big Trak (retro programable tank vehicle reissued)
A Superboy hoodie
Lots of sweets in my stocking.
socks.
A DVD/AVI file player
and socks...

Hannah
01-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm late. Whoop.

I got a week-long visit and an adorable pair of earrings from my boyfriend. My brother got me new sketch books and drawing pencils. My parents got me a necklace, soaps/chocolates, an iPhone 4, and leggings/socks. And my aunt sent me a check for 50 dollars and a letter about the amazing people I'm going to meet and things I'll do when I move out. She's my favorite aunt.

My brother got a 360 from my mom so I've been playing a lot of Dead Rising 2. Woo! Sort of also my present.