PDA

View Full Version : Where did you meet your Girlfriend/boyfriend?

Toonami Tom
12-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I am wondering where everyone met their girlfriend/boyfriend.

I would like to have a serious relationship with a girl, but I have no idea where to meet her.

This may seem like a strange topic, but it's important to me.

So..............:ohwell:

Candy Kappa
12-30-2010, 05:08 AM
I met her on my first year on Noroff, 3D design and Animation. But we got together the end of the second school year of 3D Game design.

Around summer time we have been together for two years, not sure on which month ^^'
But it's okay cause she don't remeber it either, I found a girl that is worse at remebering dates then I am.

12-30-2010, 06:53 AM
I met mine at my university's Anime Club. We've been together for almost three years now. :)

Katie
12-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Current one.......here actually.

But since you are looking for ideas, I'll give you the places my exes came from:

My first boyfriend worked with me
Number two also worked with me
Three and four were at college with me.

Really, the key is to be a regular someplace you enjoy being at. Chances are there is a girl out there who also likes that thing and what better way to meet someone you have stuff in common with.

#1 and #2 I all worked at a pet store. Loved animals, etc.
#3 and I were in a group project together in a class at school (mutual hatred of the class)
#4 was actually scheduling his classes to be with me until he got brave enough to ask me out. (Same class interest......well maybe....I'll never know)

Current.....well, I can really be myself around him and he still likes me. I don't have to pretend I know how many pints are in 3 litres or that I care about that other football team or hide my inner geek.......really I'm just plain old real me. I like that :-)

SassyGal
12-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I met my husband at my sister's wedding, actually and we've been together for thirteen years. Most of the people I know met their significant others through either friends or school.

Toonami Tom
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions. :)

gobo
12-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Blockbuster.

Spitfire
12-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Oddly enough here. The rest high school. One I met at this horrible hardcore show my friend dragged me to.

Eiko
12-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I met my Husband in a Leo's Club.

gobo
12-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Leo, the zodiac sign? ... I was about to ask where they have clubs for something so specific, but you mean online, huh?

Eiko
12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Leo, the zodiac sign? ... I was about to ask where they have clubs for something so specific, but you mean online, huh?

Yea soz my bad. Leo's is young Lions club they do community things and stuff. You start in Leo's when you are 15,16 then move to Lion's when you are around 20 or so.

discordiatookie
12-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Heh, both my long term relationships have been with co-workers, and a coupla short term ones with a)friend of a friend, and b)lass I met in a bar.

BubblyShell22
01-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I met my BF in college. My sis knew his mom and was friends with her, so she introduced him to me, and the rest is history.

gobo
01-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea soz my bad. Leo's is young Lions club they do community things and stuff. You start in Leo's when you are 15,16 then move to Lion's when you are around 20 or so.
Oh, a'ight. That sounds like the equivalent of The Key Club in the US.

Sewer Bull
01-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Current one.......here actually.

Oddly enough here.

How many more couples matched thanks to the Drome do we have, by the way? I know of KROW/Stormwolf and Doom/Hannah for sure, not sure if there was someone else.

Voidoid
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I met my GF at my current school. I was friends with this girl and she introduced me to her and we just clicked right away :)

But as for meeting a girl you could try your school or workplace? School seems to be a good place or maybe try joining a club or something. I heard church was a good place to meet women haha.

ToTheNines
01-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I've never met a girlfriend anywhere other than school, never really thought about it till now though lol

AquaParade
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey man,
As long as you get out of the house and into social groups, you will see there are plenty of people to meet, and possibly romance. What's just important as where you are, is how you act. Confidence, confidence, confidence ( Not to be confused with "cocky"). That's what I've learned works best. Don't mumble, don't be afraid to initiate conversation, and don't be afraid to feel a little silly if it you slip up a little.

Samhain
01-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Met my girl at school. 6 years later we are planning on getting married sometime soon.

raphfan84
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I met my wife through my ex girlfriend...I know that sounds bad but she actually introduced us so it was all good. We dated for a few years and now are married and have a 3 yr old girl. Good luck with meeting someone.:D

azrael
01-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I met my wife in an alternative school originally (we some bad kids) she was there because she hated regular school (rednecks are like dimples on a fat chick around here) I was there for being a "jackass." I was in 7Th grade and her in 8TH so we lost contact for 8 years. I was at a movie with my soon to be ex (met her through her mom) She told me "you'll never find anyone after me." (in an arguement) So I walked up to the chick at the counter and asked her for her number and me and that girl started talking and found out that she was related to my wife she reintroduced us and BLAM!!! 2 1/2 year old boy married and making good in life.
________
tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

gobo
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
How many more couples matched thanks to the Drome do we have, by the way? I know of KROW/Stormwolf and Doom/Hannah for sure, not sure if there was someone else.
There was that Sheila, Ra, and... the tubby guy.
Confidence, confidence, confidence ( Not to be confused with "cocky").
Women still do often enough though. :ohwell:

shuriken
01-02-2011, 10:19 PM
1st- grammar school
2nd-summer camp
3rd- youth group
4th- high school in which we broke up like 3 months ago after 4 years of being together. That sucked.
Pretty much any social setting where there are people with similar interests.

Peanut
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I hardly remember where any of them came from, I would usually tend to get with girls from places I didn't spend a lot of time at, because that way I could lie, be someone entirely different, get what I wanted and get out without the drama that a relationship like that would cause in a workplace, school or social circle.

My fiance is my best friends sister though, so there was none of that with her.

soliloquy
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I met my girlfriend through a post she made on the LiveJournal TMNT community asking for people who wanted to dress up as Lolita and carry our Ninja Turtle plushies at San Diego Comic Con in 1997. I moved from Utah to South Dakota to be with her.

My suggestion is start off looking for friends in groups you normally hang out in since you share the same or similar interests.

I wish you all the best with finding a mate! :-)

Voidoid
01-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Truthfully, you're probably better off ordering a mail order bride. Once you pay for em' they can't leave you, and there's little to no effort in getting one.

Katie
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Truthfully, you're probably better off ordering a mail order bride. Once you pay for em' they can't leave you, and there's little to no effort in getting one.

Are you super bitter or super lazy?

....and they can leave you. Once they get citizenship where they end up (presumably in the US or a Western European country) they have the rights of their citizenship.

Also, why would anyone support all the horrible things associated with mail order brides / slavery?

Voidoid
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Are you super bitter or super lazy?

....and they can leave you. Once they get citizenship where they end up (presumably in the US or a Western European country) they have the rights of their citizenship.

Also, why would anyone support all the horrible things associated with mail order brides / slavery?

I was joking around Katester, relax.

shuriken
01-10-2011, 01:19 AM
^^You just reminded me of that Aqua teen hunger force episode when Carl has a mail order bride that just leaves him.
Dude are you Carl?

Loco
01-10-2011, 04:04 AM
there is no special place to find . Parties , school, bars , clubs, Beach , bus stops... girls to meet are everywhere, outside.
You have to Try every possibility depending the kind of girl you're fallin down tho.

Voidoid
01-10-2011, 10:07 AM
^^You just reminded me of that Aqua teen hunger force episode when Carl has a mail order bride that just leaves him.
Dude are you Carl?

....maybe.

Hannah
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Represent! Moving in with him next month.

I don't think I know of any other Drome couples, tho.

Lynn
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
I met my boyfriend on the Internet. We've actually met offline too.

Lisardo
01-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Met my bf from work. Tho what's funny is that we weren't the only relationship to blossom out of that job. Several couples formed from that company, tho we were first, ;)

shuriken
01-19-2011, 04:37 PM
^^That's sweet. Always nice to be trendsetters.

....maybe.

:lol:

masterturk
02-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm still looking met one on a dating site but nothing developed she had a man but wanted to be with me. I'm not into that kind of thing it's hard to talk to women on the road tho

gobo
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
it's hard to talk to women on the road tho
Streetwalkers aren't worth talking to anyhow. :P

bretttheleofan
02-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I actually met my wife on buddypic.com about 8 years ago, we were engaged for 4 years and now we have been married for almost 3 years. We have a 1 1/2 year old daughter.