PDA

View Full Version : Question about Custom Paint

fizzymitsu
01-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Hello, I'm new here... seems like a nice community, I have a question about what type of paint you guys use in your custom paint jobs. I don't plan on repainting a turtle but I would like to touch up my NECA Leo's katana's. The blades are scuffed a little and it gives it an old worn katana look that I don't really like. I was just wondering what type of paint to use, I don't want to mess them up more than they already are.

Thanks

***First of Two Latin Kings***
01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
I have found that acrylics work best, you have to try different brands though, what works well for one custom might not work as well for another.

Loco
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Hellturtle and I , use Citadel Colors , great Acrylic paint for every kind of customs.

Topsu
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Hellturtle and I , use Citadel Colors , great Acrylic paint for every kind of customs.
Same here!

fizzymitsu
01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Ok, thank you... I have a second question, do you sand the surface before you apply the paint? Or just paint on top of the original color?

Loco
01-10-2011, 01:00 PM
yes , sand it (?) (sand is what makes beaches right ? I understand if It's like a process to erase the paint )
use a scratch paper to make the new paint hold better. but if it's just for a katana (or if you're lazy) you can directly paint on top too it's not an obligation to sand.

fizzymitsu
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Yes I meant sand as in to remove the paint. Ok thank you guys, you were very helpful! :D

Patraw
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I use the cheap Folk Art/Apple Barrel brands of acrylic paint for the most part, although I do have some other "better" brands as well in tubes.

It is a good idea to wash/sand/prime your figures before painting them, although it isn't strictly necessary, depending on the condition of the figure and the type of material (PVC, ABS, rubber, etc.) it's made out of.