PDA

View Full Version : Ways friends/family have supported your interest in TMNT?

blockhead
01-13-2011, 11:25 PM
-When I was a kid my mom threw a TMNT birthday party for me

-My dad taped secret of the ooze for me when it came on tv back in the day and bought me lots of the toys and playsets

-one of my ex girlfriends bought me a bunch of vol 1 tmnt comics. same girl also made me a pillow case with raphael's picture on it (she was into sewing) she also gave me head while i leaned back on the pillow and we watched the old toon

-my best friend as a kid gave me several of the figures as presents

-my mom got me a tmnt costume for halloween one year

-my friend and i had an OT marathon while we tripped acid one night

What have you guys done with loved ones related to tmnt or how did they support your interest in it? I'm lucky to have a lot of cool people in my life who think my interest in tmnt is awesome.

Powder
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM
-one of my ex girlfriends bought me a bunch of vol 1 tmnt comics. same girl also made me a pillow case with raphael's picture on it (she was into sewing) she also gave me head while i leaned back on the pillow and we watched the old toon

Considering this forum is based on a "Childrens Cartoon", keep it PG, okay?

blockhead
01-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Are we not allowed to talk about sex on here? I guess I assumed most people here were in their late teens and up. I didn't think much of it cause that really did happen and after all it was turtles related! I tried to not make it graphic so as to not be offensive though. I thought it was really cool of her cause it was combining two of my favorite things: ninja turtles and being with a beautiful girl (who I was in love with at the time) I still have that pillow she made and I really like it. She made me things that went with a lot of my interests. She made me a plush of cloud from FF7, a godzilla plush that unzipped and had a little heart inside, a my neighbor totoro giant pillow, a dbz pillow and drew me pictures. She thought it was "cute" that I liked tmnt and would listen to me talk about it. I even got her to read some of the comics!

Powder
01-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Well I mean, you didn't necessarily cross any lines perse, but there are kids who post here and that is why the topic is kept strictly in the "Volcanic Asteroid" section of the board, for those 18 & up or whatever.

As far as being on topic, my TMNT tattoo was paid for by my family as a B-day gift.

blockhead
01-13-2011, 11:58 PM
I saw your tattoo on your facebook, it's pretty cool. I like the interpretation of the turtles you chose, it looks kinda like the turtles on the packaging of the old toys. the turtles have the multicolored head bands so it isn't mirage, but they also have no pupils so it's not like the OT. did you base it off the toy line version of the turtles? and where did the picture come from? concept art or an original design?

Powder
01-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I saw your tattoo on your facebook, it's pretty cool. I like the interpretation of the turtles you chose, it looks kinda like the turtles on the packaging of the old toys. the turtles have the multicolored head bands so it isn't mirage, but they also have no pupils so it's not like the OT. did you base it off the toy line version of the turtles? and where did the picture come from? concept art or an original design?

Thanks, man. I got it from the back of an Archie collected book that was released in 09. I picked that piece because like you noted, it sort of looks like an amalgamation of all of the previous versions of the turtles. The artist is unknown, however. The book does not credit him/her and no one at Mirage could recall who did it.

blockhead
01-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I really liked the first few waves of figure box art, the ones that looked like this:
http://www.tons-of-toys.com/item_images/Action%20figures%20from%20M%20to%20Z/TMNT%20Ninja%20Turtles/Classic%20series/tmnt_krang.jpg

I always thought the later ones like the one below looked sloppy and kind of lazy too because they were the same for every figure. They were a lot more boring. This is the one I'm referring to:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2697/4059153241_41cce322dd.jpg

To me, the first one looks like Playmates was taking their time and trying to put out a good package. In the second one, it seems like the mentality was "Let's just use one bland package for all the figures in this line. Who gives a **** as long as they keep buying it?"

ToTheNines
01-14-2011, 06:37 AM
My sister's always kind enough to play TMNT games with me when ever I get the urge.

My dad's side of the family are big time flea market/yard sale people, they always keep an open eye for Turtles stuff for me.

Luckyday
01-14-2011, 06:40 AM
They dont know about it yet and I want to keep it that way.:roll:

BubblyShell22
01-14-2011, 07:35 AM
My BF got me a Leo alarm clock and the first Turtles movie for my B-day one year. My mom also got me Turtles Forever for Christmas and a TMNT shirt from Kohls. My sis also got me a TMNT shirt for my B-day last year.

Desslok
01-14-2011, 07:59 PM
My parents bought me a Leonardo snuggie this last Christmas. :lol:

When I was younger they bought me all kinds of TMNT related stuff, I remember one day after school climbing into the car and they pulled out a VHS of one of the movies and a related figure, I was pretty happy. :twink:

raphfan84
01-14-2011, 11:09 PM
My wife buy's me TMNT stuff all the time as well as my family. Simple as that she and my family support my hobbie all the way through.

shuriken
01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
my ex girlfriend bought me a TMNT shirt and the Neca Black and White figures. I wanted to marry her right then and there. She also helped helpe make me a foot ninja costume for Holloween 2 years ago. but alas
My sister gets me TMNT shirts and stuff all the time. Currently wearing a TMNT shirt she got me for Christmas.

-one of my ex girlfriends bought me a bunch of vol 1 tmnt comics. same girl also made me a pillow case with raphael's picture on it (she was into sewing) she also gave me head while i leaned back on the pillow and we watched the old toon.

TMI dude. TMI

Eiko
01-15-2011, 12:20 AM
my Husband and kids and my Mum support me. But my Dad thinks I'm to old for Ninja Turtles. I told him it is who i am so be happy about it.

Abnormal Freak
01-15-2011, 01:02 AM
I suppose my friends support me by not making fun of me. :p

A lot of 'em think it's pretty cool how much I like the Turtles, though.

My good gal pal (http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Gal_pal) usually asks me if I've picked up any new Turtles comics or cool finds, so she has a genuine interest both in the comics (I lent her the first collected book and she enjoyed it) as well as the things I care about.

blockhead
01-15-2011, 03:09 AM
TMI dude. TMI

god, you people are such prudes! I have never been on another message board where people get so offended by the littlest things. sex is a part of life, deal w/ it

blockhead
01-15-2011, 03:10 AM
I suppose my friends support me by not making fun of me. :p

A lot of 'em think it's pretty cool how much I like the Turtles, though.

My good gal pal (http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Gal_pal) usually asks me if I've picked up any new Turtles comics or cool finds, so she has a genuine interest both in the comics (I lent her the first collected book and she enjoyed it) as well as the things I care about.

why did you make a wikipedia about your life? :-?

Katie
01-15-2011, 05:43 AM
.....uh, that's not a wiki about him.

Also, it's not prudish that we don't want to hear about your sex life. Normal people don't go around telling random people about their exploits. I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear about my sex life or anyone else's around here. That stuff is better kept between you and your hand...I mean partner...(I assume you do have someone?)

People who need to talk about it a lot are teenage boys or sex addicts...maybe you need help?

Anyway.....my friend gave me the original movie poster. And gave me all of volume 1. She's a huge anime freak so I keep my eyes open for stuff she'd like too

Cowabunga Carl
01-15-2011, 10:30 AM
My Father and Step-mom think that I'm to old and constintly berate me for it. More of my stp-mom then my Dad. He at least lets me be me when I was around.

My sister picks me up random things when she sees things that I might like.

I've dated girls who have and haven't minded my fandom. Over all though most people I know let others like what they do.

blockhead
01-15-2011, 01:13 PM
.....uh, that's not a wiki about him.

I think it might be man. It says it's about some Christian Weston Chandler and his profile says his name is Christian. i think that article was about his specific "gal pal." idk that is weird as **** either way. whoever that cwc guy is seems really deranged

Abnormal Freak
01-15-2011, 01:24 PM
My profile says Christian as in, that's my faith. :p My name is Christopher, though.

I used the term and posted the link because I've been watching a lot of the guy's videos lately and reading about him and his exploits (again), and I thought it was an amusing term and nod to the manchild psychopath. :p Though I used it in regard to my friend as "my female friend."

blockhead
01-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh okay haha. That guy is weird as hell.

Voidoid
01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh okay haha. That guy is weird as hell.

This troll hasn't been exterminated yet? geeze.

shuriken
01-16-2011, 02:08 AM
god, you people are such prudes! I have never been on another message board where people get so offended by the littlest things. sex is a part of life, deal w/ it

Never said it wasn't. But I doubt anyone other than you really wants to hear about your sexual exploits. If you want go to the VA and start a thread about all ur sexual exploits, I'm sure it be a huge hit. Then we could all share sex stories if that's what you want. Hell we could play never have I ever and get drunk on a computer.
Point is this is a thread about how people support ur interest in TMNT right? Unless her giving you head was to support your TMNT famdom it's unecessary is it not? I just find it funny that the last two threads you started always somehow involve you stating something about your sex life.

blockhead
01-16-2011, 02:11 AM
This troll hasn't been exterminated yet? geeze.
implying i'm a troll
implying i haven't contributed a lot

u mad?

shuriken
01-16-2011, 02:16 AM
No. I'm actually in a fairly good mood, cuz I just got home from a friend's concert. I don't get mad with people on the internet. It'd be a waste of energy.

I don't think ur a troll. if I did I'd ignore you and act like ur post wasn't there.

blockhead
01-16-2011, 02:18 AM
is that guy in your avatar a professional wrestler or something

supermanbp
01-16-2011, 02:24 AM
My family moved to Florida from Kansas in 1989, just after I had turned 9. We had family here already, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and we lived quite close to everyone.
One of my cousins who is a few years younger than me was obssessed with everything ninja turtles. He had probably every toy that had been produced at that point. The only toys I had were the original Donatello, and maybe Baxter Stockman.
That year for Christmas, my grandparents had a big surprise for me. They had been at Walmart when the shipment of TMNT toys was being opened and they bought probably one of everything the store had received. It was really thoughtful of them to do that for me, and I was completely blown away. I still have quite a few of those toys from that Christmas :-)

blockhead
01-16-2011, 02:25 AM
cool story bro

shuriken
01-16-2011, 02:32 AM
That's really nice supermanbo. I remember when I was a small child every birthday I would get at least one TMNT toy. Little by little I got a decent rogue gallery to fight the TMNT. I love those days.

is that guy in your avatar a professional wrestler or something

Not just any wrestler.CM Punk. He's from my hometown of Chicago IL. One of the most entertaining guys in the WWE right now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CM_Punk

Powder
01-16-2011, 02:32 AM
implying i'm a troll
implying i haven't contributed a lot

u mad?

cool story bro

>>implying this is insert website

Scandia
01-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, my brother liked the TMNT back when they first became popular in 1989. So my mother bought him a lot of the toys. I played with them quite a bit.

And we were taken to see all the TMNT movies back then. And to rent videos of episodes at a rental store.

Otherwise, nothing else out of the ordinary.

Lynn
01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
My parents bought me the OT years ago and Dad is going to buy the NT for my birthday.

deadpoolRKO
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
This christmas I got a Leonardo Ski Mask to wear because where I work i have to park across the street and we have cold winters.

Its great every morning to watch people stare at me as they drive by lol.

shuriken
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Its great every morning to watch people stare at me as they drive by lol.

Ha that's awesome.
I've seen those at FYE. I should get one...