PDA

View Full Version : Raphael movie 1 Bust Head Sneek Peek

Bmaga123
02-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Hey everyone,

I recently got in contact with an FX artist who is making me a Raphael Turtle bust which will be 1:1 scale with some chest and shell on the bust as well. The pic I have included is the actual sculpt as it is now and the photo on the right is a photoshop version of that sculpt to give an idea of what the finished head will look like. I think it looks fantastic and while not exact to Raph I think very close indeed and a great replica. The finished piece will be cast in Resin and have glass eyes and real cloth bandanna. I will post pics of the finished piece when its finished as well but wanted to give a sneek peak of what is coming. Let me know what you think, Thank you.

Samhain
02-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Hmm, I dont like those teeth. Looks very caveman-ish to me. But still cool.

I just noticed how many prop replicas you get made. I guess that is your thing?

Bmaga123
02-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Hmm, I dont like those teeth. Looks very caveman-ish to me. But still cool.

I just noticed how many prop replicas you get made. I guess that is your thing?

Well the teeth are exactly how they looked in the first movie then in the second more squared. Yeah I never seem to be 100% happy with the ones I get so until I get the perfect bust they will keep coming :-)

Samhain
02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Well the teeth are exactly how they looked in the first movie then in the second more squared. Yeah I never seem to be 100% happy with the ones I get so until I get the perfect bust they will keep coming :-)

Well, the last one you had made looked very close to the first film. Hate to say it but, I dont think you are ever gonna be happy with these. None are ever gonna look 100% like the original. But good luck.:tthumbsu:

Bmaga123
02-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Well, the last one you had made looked very close to the first film. Hate to say it but, I dont think you are ever gonna be happy with these. None are ever gonna look 100% like the original. But good luck.:tthumbsu:

In the pics the last one at certain angles looked similar to the film but trust me there were many parts of it that didnt especially in person like the cheeks were not wide enough, to much eye lid showing, to much white in the eyes, Teeth looked terrible in person. I know I am just being nit picky but I cant help it. To me this one looks much closer as far as the shape of the head, how the bandanna kind of covers the upper part of the eyes and the expression is straight from a scene in the first film ;-). When its finished the paint job will blow you away as well.

Samhain
02-12-2011, 02:21 AM
In the pics the last one at certain angles looked similar to the film but trust me there were many parts of it that didnt especially in person like the cheeks were not wide enough, to much eye lid showing, to much white in the eyes, Teeth looked terrible in person. I know I am just being nit picky but I cant help it. To me this one looks much closer as far as the shape of the head, how the bandanna kind of covers the upper part of the eyes and the expression is straight from a scene in the first film ;-). When its finished the paint job will blow you away as well.

Oh, I dont doubt it. Im sure it will blow me away. They all have. But, I gotta think that the perfect ''look'' you are searching for is more the enviorment and lighting than it is the actual mask.

The last one may have not been perfect but since these artists only have pictures to go by they are all gonna look a little off because some of that particular artist is gonna come out through is work. I used to be alot like that with buying certain things. Everything had to be perfect. It never is. I ended up losing alot of money on trying to get something I would never achieve. My 2 cents, just enjoy these as cool replicas. They dont gotta be ''perfect''.:tcool:

Bmaga123
02-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Oh, I dont doubt it. Im sure it will blow me away. They all have. But, I gotta think that the perfect ''look'' you are searching for is more the enviorment and lighting than it is the actual mask.

The last one may have not been perfect but since these artists only have pictures to go by they are all gonna look a little off because some of that particular artist is gonna come out through is work. I used to be alot like that with buying certain things. Everything had to be perfect. It never is. I ended up losing alot of money on trying to get something I would never achieve. My 2 cents, just enjoy these as cool replicas. They dont gotta be ''perfect''.:tcool:

Very good point and you are probably right different lightings will change the appearence for sure, This one will be cool and different then my others because it will have from the upper chest up with some shell on the back. Thanks for posting your opinion I appreciate it.

Samhain
02-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Very good point and you are probably right different lightings will change the appearence for sure, This one will be cool and different then my others because it will have from the upper chest up with some shell on the back. Thanks for posting your opinion I appreciate it.

No prob! I look forward to seeing more progress pics.:tcool:

Eiko
02-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Hey pretty cool looking Raph head.

Bmaga123
02-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey pretty cool looking Raph head.

Thanks, It will be much easier to judge once the head is finished and I have pics from all angles.

Protoman
02-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Hmm while I like the idea, the expression needs to be reconsidered, I am aware the teeth were present but with a character like Raph they were not a vivid feature.

bwwd
02-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Looks nice,i think those teeth were like that only on heads that were used by stuntmans ,those heads were not animated and had teeth like that,its visible in the movie that sometimes masks look like that and its probably cause 2 types were used ,animatronic ones and simple ones just overhead masks without any moving parts.

Bmaga123
02-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Looks nice,i think those teeth were like that only on heads that were used by stuntmans ,those heads were not animated and had teeth like that,its visible in the movie that sometimes masks look like that and its probably cause 2 types were used ,animatronic ones and simple ones just overhead masks without any moving parts.

You are correct about them having an animatronic and a stunt head for each turtle but the teeth were like this on both heads in the first movie. The second movie had more squared of cleaner looking teeth. In the first film you can tell that made them look more realistic with dirtier bandannas and teeth like they really do live in the sewers.

Koi
02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
That thing is super creepy looking.

Samhain
02-19-2011, 06:15 PM
That thing is super creepy looking.

As a mutated turtle should be!:P Reminds me of a caveman, lol. ''Me Raph, you April''.

Slap-Happy
02-20-2011, 05:49 PM
As a mutated turtle should be!:P Reminds me of a caveman, lol. ''Me Raph, you April''.
"Me am love Wu-Mon" lol

PizzaPower
02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
wow that is really awesome!

Samhain
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Any updates on this?

Bmaga123
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Any updates on this?

I should have finished pics within a week sorry for the delay

Samhain
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I should have finished pics within a week sorry for the delay

Cool man. Cant wait to see it.:tcool:

raphfan84
02-25-2011, 05:33 PM
It's def different looking but I like it...good luck with it man!

Samhain
02-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Bmaga123, is this being made by The Prop Shop by any chance?

Bmaga123
02-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Bmaga123, is this being made by The Prop Shop by any chance?

Yes it is in Fact :-)

Samhain
02-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes it is in Fact :-)

Thought so. I saw the Raph you are getting posted on the ''coming soon'' section of the website.

Bmaga123
03-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Thought so. I saw the Raph you are getting posted on the ''coming soon'' section of the website.

That is the prototype that he sold on ebay. Mine is actually going to look much different as far as the paint job it will be much more movie accurate with the darker tones of green used and more accurate spotting. You will see when I post pics soon :-)

Samhain
03-03-2011, 01:48 AM
That is the prototype that he sold on ebay. Mine is actually going to look much different as far as the paint job it will be much more movie accurate with the darker tones of green used and more accurate spotting. You will see when I post pics soon :-)

Oh okay. But, the sculpt will be the same, right? Or will it be tweaked?

Bmaga123
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh okay. But, the sculpt will be the same, right? Or will it be tweaked?

Sculpt is the same but I got pics to my phone today and let me tell you it looks night and day from the other one he has up, its stunning. He sent me a video of it as well and OMG the pics dont do it justice it really looks like Raph from the first film and the Bandanna done so well. New paint work looks Phenominal OMG I am speechless to say the least. He is shipping it today to me so once I get it I will take pics and post them :-).

Samhain
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Sculpt is the same but I got pics to my phone today and let me tell you it looks night and day from the other one he has up, its stunning. He sent me a video of it as well and OMG the pics dont do it justice it really looks like Raph from the first film and the Bandanna done so well. New paint work looks Phenominal OMG I am speechless to say the least. He is shipping it today to me so once I get it I will take pics and post them :-).

Cool man yeah post some pics whenever you can.

Powder
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM
You do kinda say the same thing everytime & then get pissed off and sell it as to commission somebody else.

You realize that, right?

If ya ask me, this one looks the least like movie 1 Raph out of all the past heads you've had.

Bmaga123
03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
You do kinda say the same thing everytime & then get pissed off and sell it as to commission somebody else.

You realize that, right?

If ya ask me, this one looks the least like movie 1 Raph out of all the past heads you've had.

Yes your right I say that, then get it in person and am dissapointed but I doubt that will happen with this one and have you not watch the movie recently? The eyes on all the past head looked nothing like the film, the new one nailed the eyes perfect and head shape. Wait until I post actual pics before you judge it all you are seeing is a asculpt and computer render. I am very detail compulsive so when I say this looks amazing from the pics and video I receieved via text then it looks amazing. Some of the past heads didnt have any likeness to Raph in fact I would say only the last head had some likenss and that is it. The new piece is different as well because its a bust from chest up with shell and all so its very cool. :-)

Bmaga123
03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Also I jsut removed the sneak peak pics because the finished product doesnt look much like it so stay tuned for pics I may be able to get the ones from my phone posted in a bit.

Samhain
03-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Also I jsut removed the sneak peak pics because the finished product doesnt look much like it so stay tuned for pics I may be able to get the ones from my phone posted in a bit.

Yeah dude post it up so we can give our thoughts on it.

Bmaga123
03-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Pics up on a new post :-)