PDA

View Full Version : Powder- Weight Of The World

Powder
02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
As some of you may know, I'm an up & coming hip-hop artist. That being said, I'm finally putting out a solo album. I've done various mixtapes and other small projects over the last few years but nothing too official. I don't make your average rap music, where everything is materialistic, concerned only about money & females, nor do I have the same sound. My stuff is reminiscent of 90's hip-hop and has a lot more substance to it. The topics this album cover are that of religion, conspiracy theories, society, love, poverty, morals and the lack thereof in todays generation, etc. It's like a diary set to beats. I just wanna share this here to show others how I express myself, and to shamelessly plug it.

This is a teaser of all of the songs featured on the album.
tlrCVGr4ckU

& this is the first "Single" released from it.
ecEl2ZO4m2k

If you dig what you hear, let me know!

dcat
02-16-2011, 04:07 AM
You've got a nice flow and a good solid voice. Too often amateur rappers have a weak voice that comes across as merely talking with emphasis (or the classic folly of the "spoken word poetry accent") that fades & wanes sporadically, but you've got no trouble in keeping your vocals consistently strong throughout. I'd say the only thing that needs improvement/reworking is the singing attempt in the first vid around 02:50 . It seemed like it clashed with the general tone of the rest of the snippets and feels like the weakest track from what little I heard of (what I'm guessing was) the chorus. It feels too slow & the lyrics are far more predictable and don't hold the water that the other songs in the preview do.
Socially conscious hip hop is definitely the way to go, kudos for peering past the radioplay b.s. & getting straight to the nitty gritty.

I love the Edward Scissorhands beat in "Letter To God", creative stuff. You've got serious talent!

deadpoolRKO
02-16-2011, 07:17 AM
I agree , you do have talent and substance.
The Rail has been working it's way toward my top 25 most played in itunes. idk what it is about that song but it's just got a nice vibe.
i look forward to hearing the album.

jaymq
02-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I dig it. :)

Definitely something I could listen to again.

Powder
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. The album has technically just been released.
I'm not implying you should go buy it, but for the sake of "what if", here's a link. :)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/weight-of-the-world/id420974747

rav4ge
03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Dude Powder, I bought the album today and I'm loving it.

I'm no music critic, but I've been listening to it all day and it's really good. For starters, you have a voice that flows very well, and I really dig the beats in each song. Your lyrics have heart and emotion behind them, which makes it pretty easy to catch on to the true meaning behind each song.

All in all, this album is great and I look forward to seeing more from you. I'll be sure to let my rap-loving friend know about you. He's all about 2pac and other classic stuff, but I'll try and get him to give the album a listen.

Keep it up!

Powder
03-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Wow, thanks a lot Choppy! I really sincerely appreciate it. Both the compliments and the support in purchasing it. It feels really good just to make the music, as it is the only way I can comfortably express myself. To have others enjoy it & relate to it is just the icing on the cake.

:)

Donnie
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey Powder, I'm not much of a rap guy (I do like k-os) but you've got a lot of talent! Keep it up man.

Powder
03-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Yo folks, got another album coming out, though it's not solely mine.
It's my groups album, we're called Grindhouse Gang.
Pretty different from my solo stuff...
On my own I get deep, with the fellas we get rowdy.
I rap on 14 of the 16 songs, and made 8 of the beats.

Give it a listen!

BOYwyhBG_WA

Hey Powder, I'm not much of a rap guy (I do like k-os) but you've got a lot of talent! Keep it up man.

Many thanks, dude!

Donnie
03-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Very cool beats man. I'm going to show these to my cousins, they're really into hip hop.

By the way, I know your favorite Turtle is Leonardo, but you remind me of a Raphael type!

Powder
03-21-2011, 02:55 AM
You can listen to my album here in its entirety. If you like it, please support me and purchase a copy!

http://www.myspace.com/powdernyc/music/albums/weight-of-the-world-17406198

Donnie
03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Any gigs coming up?

Powder
03-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Any gigs coming up?

Just did one monday (3/21) and I've got one coming up April 6th. Tryna keep busy & not go broke!

Powder
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
My groups album (sampler shown above) is #10 highest selling album on undergroundhiphop.com.
That's like the most known spot online to cop hip hop merch/music so it's pretty ridiculous.
They also recommended our album last week.

Makin' moves!

http://i52.tinypic.com/1z1b4nl.jpg

Master Splinter
04-08-2011, 01:45 PM
My groups album (sampler shown above) is #10 highest selling album on undergroundhiphop.com.
That's like the most known spot online to cop hip hop merch/music so it's pretty ridiculous.
They also recommended our album last week.

Makin' moves!

Awesome Powder... And that number I sent you the other day... yeah add about 13,000 more to it...

:tgrin:

-ms

Powder
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Stellar, Splinter!

Here's a music video from my crew & I.
It was filmed July 2010 but due to too much BS to get into, it didn't get edited until yesterday.
I'm second on the track!

0H6CVSomUr4&

Powder
06-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Happy to say my album has sold 131 copies as of today. Not too shabby considering it's only on Amazon & itunes & I'm pretty unknown!

Thanks to those of you who bought it! :tlove: