PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Concerts

Guitar_Raph
03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Have you ever looked forward to a concert, only to have it cancelled?

It happened to me twice.

1). Thomas Ian Nicholas was going to play @ an El Paso club last July, but the club cancelled their gig.

2). Drake Bell was scheduled to play @ a Deep Ellum club (Deep Ellum's where they have good music near Downtown Dallas & is where I go see Tony Lucca) March 24, but had to cancel the US tour because he's working on a new tv project.

discordiatookie
03-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Babyshambles at the Lemon Tree, Aberdeen. Quite a few years back. After the support band, then another support band, then some random guy coming onstage with a guitar and playing an unbilled set, the management came onstage and told us that Pete Doherty had fallen down the stairs on the bus and knocked himself out. (It turned out to be a heroin overdose, we found out a coupla years later.) After quite a lot of glasses (plastic, thankfully) getting thrown onstage, there was a near riot outside, with police, police dogs, etc. Quite frightening, wasn't really my scene! Never got rescheduled either, but I have since seen him another three times afterwards, and he certainly does not disapoint!

And I was supposed to be going to see Slow Club this May, but due to singer/drummer Rebecca being in ill and in hospital, the recording of their second album has been delayed, and being as this was a tour to premote said record, it has been pushed back to September. Still happening though!

AT-Man
03-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Mötley Crüe's gig was cancelled few years ago, we drove 400-500 km to the city it was supposed to be in and there we got to know from radio that it was cancelled, because they had left their gear in Italy. Sucked.