PDA

View Full Version : Metallica Discussion

Samhain
03-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes, the greatest heavy metal band of all time. This is a discussion for them. Favorite song, album, riff, whatever you want!

My favorite album has gotta be Master of Puppets followed closely by ...And Justice for all. When I first started playing guitar, my goal was to play Battery at full album speed. After 3 years, it finally happened. Haha.

Samhain
03-15-2011, 05:45 PM
No Metallica fans here, huh?:ohwell:

chad
03-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I love Metallica. Their song are awesome. The first song I heard was Enter Sandman.

GK Punk
03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Megadeth.

AquaParade
03-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I never got too familiar with Metallica. I heard all the singles, which I know, aren't always the best representation, but I just couldn't get into the sound. Mostly the vocalist. I'm sure they've got something going for them though, due to the legions of fans.

It's a big claim for any band, but I would argue that Slipknot is the greatest metal band of all time. Laugh at the mask gimmick all you want, there is still no band out there like them.

Samhain
03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Megadeth.

What does that have to do with anything?:ohwell:

GK Punk
03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
What does that have to do with anything?:ohwell:

It's a joke. Given the history between the two bands, I'd figure a huge Metallica fan would get the reference.

Samhain
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
It's a joke. Given the history between the two bands, I'd figure a huge Metallica fan would get the reference.

Oh no, I do. I just thought you were trying to start an argument like most people do. Me personally, I like Megadeth too. I dont get why all the hate is spread between both. Why not enjoy both bands? They're both awesome.

GK Punk
03-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I do too, but I am truthfully more of a Megadeth fan. I got in to Metallica from Megadeth, where most did it the other way around. I'm not a Metallica hater or anything, was just goofing around :p

Spitfire
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
The split came from Dave making it his life goal to be more famous then Metallica because they kicked him out of the band for being a loser drug addict. It wasn't until recently he stopped trash talking them.

Not that it matters in my book. Metallica stopped writing music I liked after Cliff died and if I was going to compare the two I like Megadeth's library a lot more. My main problem with Metallica is they don't keep up the pace. They have fast songs but too many of them are slow and heavy. Megadeth is about being fast loud, and well rude. I'm more into that kind of metal.

My other issue is I can still go see Megadeth live and enjoy them. Metallica not so much. They completely butchered Creeping Death my favorite song of theirs, last time I saw them and they did it again on the Big 4 Bluray.

I burnt out on Metallica honestly I rarely listen to them. I'm the same way with Slayer and I have similar issues with them live. Their new material is awful too. Honestly the only Slayer album I care to listen to anymore is Show No Mercy.

The main reason I'm skipping the Big 4 here is I don't care to see Slayer and Metallica live, who play last, and I'm not really that into Anthrax. Though Anthrax put on a good show. They impressed me on the Big 4 Bluray.