PDA

View Full Version : Nickelodeon is bringing the 90's back ! :)

deadpoolRKO
03-11-2011, 10:03 AM
"This fall, it’s going to be cool to watch Nickelodeon again. They’re pulling out fan favorites from their arsenal of original shows for a new nighttime programming block that includes shows like “Clarissa Explains it All,” “All That,” and “Salute Your Shorts.”

“The ‘90s Are All That” will air from midnight to 2am (ET) beginning in the fall. Along with “Clarissa Explains it All,” “All That,” and “Salute Your Shorts,’ it’ll feature a rotating block of shows including “The Adventures of Pete & Pete,” “Rugrats,” “Rocket Power,” “The Amanda Show,” and “Kenan & Kel.”

Nickelodeon made the surprising move in response to overwhelming demand from fans who want to re-live their favorite childhood shows. ‘90’s Nick programming has 9 million fans on Facebook alone.
"There is an entire generation of young people who literally grew up on these great 1990s' series, and many of them have been vocal about wanting to see and experience these shows again," said Keith Dawkins, Senior VP and General Manager for Nicktoons and TeenNick.

"TeenNick caters to the older segment of the Nick audience, so it's the perfect place to reconnect these shows to their original fans and introduce them to younger viewers for the very first time,” Dawkins continued.

Not only will fans get to see their favorites on Nick once again, they’ll be able to vote for which shows they want to see using social media like Facebook and Twitter.

More shows and movies of the decade are also set to be acquired by the network and featured on “The 90’s Are All That.” Can we suggest some “Are You Afraid of the Dark?”? "

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/briefs/articles/90039534

yesss :D i'm not a huge fan of facebook, but thank you facebook for giving 90's TV lovers the powert to show Nickelodeon how many there are.

Master Splinter
03-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Hey that is cool... Now bring me some Rocko, Hey Arnold, Ahh Real Monsters... There are so many... Ren and Stimpy!!!

-ms

Xxxraps
03-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey master splinter all the cartoons you named can be streamed on Netflix. I watch them all the time,just wish they would Doug on there or are you afraid of the dark

Master Splinter
03-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey master splinter all the cartoons you named can be streamed on Netflix. I watch them all the time,just wish they would Doug on there or are you afraid of the dark

I don't have netflix and I already pay for cable so.... Thanks for the info though!

-ms

deadpoolRKO
03-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey that is cool... Now bring me some Rocko, Hey Arnold, Ahh Real Monsters... There are so many... Ren and Stimpy!!!

-ms

yeah definantly , hopefully this " 90's is all that " block will be a success and they'll expand it even more and bring back more shows.

The Stryker
03-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Rocket Power? Really?

Talk about screwing nostalgia glasses to your f*cking skull.

deadpoolRKO
03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Rocket Power? Really?

Talk about screwing nostalgia glasses to your f*cking skull.

someone wore sandals on the beach.

you aren't excited about any of these shows ?

Powder
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Show me the same news on a site I've heard of.

It's just a little too convenient considering... http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33154 just happened.

The Stryker
03-11-2011, 01:44 PM
someone wore sandals on the beach.

you aren't excited about any of these shows ?

Why would I be? I've already seen these shows. Not like it's anything new. It's just reruns on a named block.

deadpoolRKO
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Show me the same news on a site I've heard of.

It's just a little too convenient considering... http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33154 just happened.

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-new-york/nickelodeon-announces-plans-for-the-90-s-are-all-that-program-block

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10/teennick-airing-nickelodeon-90s_n_834056.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hottopics/detail?entry_id=84787

Why would I be? I've already seen these shows. Not like it's anything new. It's just reruns on a named block.

Yeah i guess , but i think it's so cool that they're on TV again. Especially ones like Kenan and Kel that aren't on DVD. I like the convience of watching them on TV rather than having to watch online or pirate them

The Clerk
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
^^^^

What. A. Kill. Joy.

deadpoolRKO
03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
i am not a killjoy :p

( sucks accidentally being one post too late )

The Stryker
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
^^^^

What. A. Kill. Joy.

OH HURRAY! OLD SHOWS! Should we get excited we they start playing Friends on Nick at nite? It's the same thing.

Also, weren't these shows already on TV somewhere anyway? I could've sworn that Rugrats and All That were being rerun on Teen Nick a year ago. Kenan & Kel is the show I have interest in but not enough to watch a late night block or whatever. A dvd release would be great though.

deadpoolRKO
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
OH HURRAY! OLD SHOWS! Should we get excited we they start playing Friends on Nick at nite? It's the same thing.

Also, weren't these shows already on TV somewhere anyway? I could've sworn that Rugrats and All That were being rerun on Teen Nick a year ago. Kenan & Kel is the show I have interest in but not enough to watch a late night block or whatever. A dvd release would be great though.

Rugrats i know is on at like 6am or something.

&& a dvd of kenan an kel would be a must buy for me. I love that show.

&& c'mon powder. Admit my news was legit.

Storm Eagle
03-11-2011, 03:49 PM
So I can see the episodes of The Adventures of Pete & Pete and Clarissa Explains It All that didn't get to make it to DVD. I'm crossing my fingers for The Tomorrow People and Fifteen to show up on this block for the future.

Eiko
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Shame i don.t have cable anymore. I love the adventures of Pete and Pete.

TheCanadiandrome
03-12-2011, 09:24 AM
sounds cool to me. maybe get some Goosebumps on there

deadpoolRKO
03-12-2011, 09:45 AM
sounds cool to me. maybe get some Goosebumps on there

lol goosebumps. i forgot about that show.

midnight - 2am would be a great time to introduce it to any kids with no curfew and scare them to death

TheCanadiandrome
03-12-2011, 06:44 PM
lol goosebumps. i forgot about that show.

midnight - 2am would be a great time to introduce it to any kids with no curfew and scare them to death
put it back to back with Are You Afraid of The Dark, just like YTV did in the 90s

Ninjinister
03-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I never watched any of that the first time.

deadpoolRKO
03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
I never watched any of that the first time.

pete and pete , or any of the shows?