PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on the Hard Cover Mail Order Book from Mirage

FixedGear
04-13-2003, 05:34 PM
This being my first post, let me apologize in advance if this is an old topic. I wasnt able to find anything on this subject through the search function.

Anyway - I have the Hard Cover Mail Order Exclusive Mirage TMNT book made availabe in the early days. It came with a laser dust cover with a sketch and autograph by both Eastman and Laird.

Does anyone know how limited this item is and where I can get more information about it? Mine has been sealed in plastic for years now.

stnthmn
04-13-2003, 05:46 PM
I don't know but I will gladly take it off your back for you. ;)
I wish there were some books from the old Mirage series. I have a lot of the comics but I know the old Batman stories and Superman stories are in books that features a couple of issues. I guess Mirage never did that. If you have a scanner could you scan it for me so I can see the cover.

FixedGear
04-13-2003, 05:53 PM
It's awesome. I believe its a collection of the first few issues in hard back form.

Oh yeah - I do have the original TMNT Mirage issues 1-20 or so including all the extras (Fugitoid, Leo etc.) all first printing.

Roseangelo
04-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Well, if my brain is recalling this book correctly, it was limited to 1,000 copies and carried a cost of $100. It's a very cool thing.

FixedGear
04-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Yes, I remember saving up for it as a kid. It was delayed for months, and when I finally received mine, I could't believe it. Inside the fron cover are 2 hand drawn turtle heads - one by Peter and one by Kevin - both autographed. I have had it sealed up in plastic for what, 16 or 17 years now?

Roseangelo
04-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Yup, that sounds right. I've got the softcover version of it.

azure turtle
04-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Well, if my brain is recalling this book correctly, it was limited to 1,000 copies and carried a cost of $100. It's a very cool thing.
Oh yeah... I remember reading about this in one of the letters sections for the older comics. You have one of those books?! That's impressive. I'd hold on to it if I were you. ;)