PDA

View Full Version : Peter Laird's new TMNT blog.

discordiatookie
03-24-2011, 05:31 PM
From http://plairdblog.blogspot.com/

News about the future of this blog
Sometime soon -- perhaps in the next couple of days, or maybe even tonight if I get a burst of energy -- this blog will no longer feature stuff relating to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". All of that material -- and any new TMNT-related items I put up in the future -- will be viewable on a NEW blog, at this URL:

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

Once this happens, I will not be answering TMNT-related questions or responding to TMNT-related comments on this blog's posts. In fact, I will be deleting such comments from any posts on this blog.

However, I will be happy to respond to TMNT-related questions and comments on the NEW blog, which is very cleverly named "Peter Laird's TMNT Blog".

This blog -- palblog -- will now focus on all the stuff I like to put up which has nothing to do with the Turtles. There may be a TINY bit of overlap -- I may mention the TMNT in passing on this blog -- but from now on, I plan to keep the two worlds separate. -- PL

So http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/ is the place to go for Peter Laird's TMNT related posts from now on. My first thought, when started reading, was that he was going to sever himself completely from TMNT. Glad that ain't the case!

deadpoolRKO
03-25-2011, 06:34 AM
cool , thanks for the share

Venom
03-25-2011, 07:49 PM
He probably did it partly because of all the questions that may hit as news on Nick's developments keep rolling out and he wanted to keep it from cluttering up his "normal life" blog.

Just my opinion. Glad he'll still do Blasts from the Past!

Jester
03-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I wasn't gonna say this, as I didn't wanna be too snarky, but how frequently do you think Laird's gonna update his new TMNT only blog?

oldmanwinters
03-25-2011, 07:52 PM
I wasn't gonna say this, as i didn't wanna be too snarky, but how frequently you think Laird's gonna updat his new TMNT only blog?

Same thing on my mind. Among people who actually blog regularly, considerably fewer actually bother to update two blogs. One tends to become the forgotten corner of the internet. Alas, poor TMNT?:(

FearlessLeader
03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I am honestly just grateful he made the separate blog so at least all the stuff he has posted still has a home. When I first read the announcement I figured he was just going to delete everything I was running to his blog to start saving everything I could.

I don't expect him to post to much, but he really doesn't post that much about Turtles right now anyway.

oldmanwinters
03-25-2011, 08:12 PM
I am honestly just grateful he made the separate blog so at least all the stuff he has posted still has a home. When I first read the announcement I figured he was just going to delete everything I was running to his blog to start saving everything I could.

This is a good point. Yeah, it guess it's that he just forget about it than purge the entire history (ala Steve Murphy's old blog).

Jester
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
This is a good point. Yeah, it guess it's that he just forget about it than purge the entire history (ala Steve Murphy's old blog).
Indeed, when I first read it, I thought he was going to just stop doing Turtle releated blogs...but leave what he had Turtle wise alone.

As for Murph's blog, did anyone "save" it?

Digital Ghost
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Props to him for creating the second blog... at least he's still involved at some level and not shutting us out completely.

Donnie
03-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Props to him for creating the second blog... at least he's still involved at some level and not shutting us out completely.

I don't know...Laird has been really wishy-washy with the Turtles in the past...I think he might be starting to regret the sale, at least a little bit, to be honest, so he's making a more stand-out TMNT blog.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's still going to be commenting on his creations...just saying.

Venom
03-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Indeed, when I first read it, I thought he was going to just stop doing Turtle releated blogs...but leave what he had Turtle wise alone.

As for Murph's blog, did anyone "save" it?

Someone apparently got some of it because The 5th Turtle is "live" again and contains some of the old blogs.

oldmanwinters
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Someone apparently got some of it because The 5th Turtle is "live" again and contains some of the old blogs.

Hmm... fascinating! It's nice to have it available, although I kinda doubt Murphy himself has anything to do with it.

Jester
03-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Hmm... fascinating! It's nice to have it available, although I kinda doubt Murphy himself has anything to do with it.
I don't even think the content is Murph's. it goes back to 12-10, the original 5th Turtle was already gone by that point...I think.

oldmanwinters
03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I don't even think the content is Murph's. it goes back to 12-10, the original 5th Turtle was already gone by that point...I think.

I remember all those posts from Murphy's blog, but I think the date is just an indication of when the new person reuploaded the stuff.

I really wish the Lavigne-Brown blog would be updated with some word on why they just up and decided to stop posting. The last post was May 22, 2009 which is just the regular type of updates, yet we haven't heard a thing since then. It's like they just forgot their login password of something.

Venom
03-25-2011, 11:04 PM

:tconfuse: I thought it made sense when I typed it? :tconfuse:

Jester
03-25-2011, 11:08 PM
:tconfuse: I thought it made sense when I typed it? :tconfuse:
It did...I guess my memory sucks, cause I don't remember Murph posting those things...even before the blog was ressurected.

AcidBurn30
03-26-2011, 12:39 AM
thank you for having this up :)

oldmanwinters
03-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, Peter Laird did make a new post this weekend:
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/blast-from-past-355-pencil-drawing-for.html

So, that's at least encouraging for the future of the TMNT blog, right?:)

PizzaPower
03-27-2011, 06:51 PM
well thats neato :)

Xav
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
As for Murph's blog, did anyone "save" it? You can see most of it on the Wayback Machine
http://waybackmachine.org/*/http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/*