PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Generes and Most Hated genres

Slap-Happy
03-30-2011, 05:49 PM
I wanna know what everyone's favorite music genre is, as well as their most hated genre.

Favorite: Alternative

Hated: Country. All sounds the same to me.

AllTheDVDsWillBeMine!
03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
My favorite right now is probably Chiptune. Especially Anamanaguchi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ4CaHqR4XI).

I can't say I hate any genre. I don't really "get" rap, but that's about it.

Samhain
03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
I dont really ''hate'' any genre. I like to ''dip my toes'' in all kinds of music. Shouldn't limit yourself by genre's.

But if I had to choose I guess it would be heavy metal. With the exception of country music, I listen to pretty much anything and everything else.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Favorites: Industrial, Heavy Metal, 1980s Rock, Soundtrack, TV/Movie/Cartoon Theme Songs

Hates: Rap, Yoddle, Country Western, Folk, Reggae

Powder
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Favorites
-Video Game Music (That ought to count, it does in Japan at least...)
-Electronic
-Ambient
-Hip-hop (Underground/Oldschool)
-Trip-hop
-Actual Punk

Most hated
-The modern variety of pop where everything sounds techno
-Country
-Rap (No, it's not the same as hip-hop!)
-Whatever the hipsters like

Eiko
04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't really have a fav. Most hated tho is rap and country.

Storm Eagle
04-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I can pretty much dig any kind of music, as long as it has a good beat and vocals. Even country, since I'm partial to southern accents anyway.

Jester
04-02-2011, 01:31 AM
When it comes to music, I'm all about lyrics, and since in a lot of rap the lyrics are sometimes difficult to understand, I've never been a huge fan. I do like some, though, so I can't say I hate the genre. I think country gets too much flack. Some songs are good. (If I had to pick an ARTIST I hate, it's probably be Toby Keith. Kinda an idiot.)

Buslady
04-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Hate: Rap

Love: Metal

Spitfire
04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Favorites would be limited parts of the Metal genre, it seriously has more sub genres then there are genres in general. I also like some Electronic music.

What I don't like and honestly can't stand listening to is country and most pop music, specifically the kind where they just repeat the same line over and over again. I also hate that American Idol crap where generic girls sing in that generic style. Being able to go "Woahhh oh oh oh" does not mean you have any talent and really isn't impressive either.

Jester
04-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Being able to go "Woahhh oh oh oh" does not mean you have any talent and really isn't impressive either.
I couldn't agree more.

Donnie
04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, how many American Idol winners do you still hear from? Maybe about four...

I'm into folk-rock, 60s-70s rock, folk, classical, some alternative, some electronica.

I strongly dislike metal in all its forms besides Sabbath and Zeppelin, especially death/black metal. I also can't stand the current rap style that's on the popular stations, the kind that just talks about bitches, hoes, money, and clubbin'. Man, if I hear one more story about some dude in a club...

AllTheDVDsWillBeMine!
04-05-2011, 09:25 PM
I strongly dislike metal in all its forms besides Sabbath

You dodged a bullet, my friend.

Spitfire
04-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, how many American Idol winners do you still hear from? Maybe about four...
Yes but its since spawned an entire generation of generic pop singers. Disney is sweeping up 15 year olds by the dozen and giving them record deals.

I strongly dislike metal in all its forms besides Sabbath and Zeppelin
Zeppelin is not at all metal and it's honestly hard to call Sabbath metal by modern standards, hard rock at best.

ssjup81
04-22-2011, 06:38 AM
I like a little bit of everything, but my least favorite genre of music is country, rap, and hip-hop. Of course I have heard songs that I've liked from all three genres, but I still don't (can't) favor them.

Volvagia
04-22-2011, 06:56 AM
I listen to pretty much everything but my least favorite genres are country, rap and hip-hop. My favorite genres are Metal, Original Soundracks, C64 and Amiga remixes.

Abnormal Freak
04-23-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm into industrial and synth pop, mostly. And also various forms of "rock"—post-punk, goth rock, Stooges, whatever Bowie would fit under... Started to develop more of a taste for the grimier, harder side of rock music—punk-type stuff. Really digging some of these D.O.A. tunes I've checked out.

xEw_XWlS8tM

Also used to be pretty big into metal, but fell out of it a number of years ago, but am strangely falling back into it. This is a really killer grind track:

zQnBOXt_tjI

Yeeeaaah!

RAM BAM
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a few favourite genres:
Eurodance, ItaloDisco, Northern Soul, Shoegaze

Least Liked:
Not a big fan of rap/hip hop
Fifties & Sixties C&W.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
05-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I hate hip hop and Euro dance, which ruined the 1990's. I prefer country music of the 1970's and 80's and and dansband music of the 1990' and 2000's.

AT-Man
05-09-2011, 04:44 AM
LOVE: electronic music, (synth) pop, rock, (black & speed) metal, ambient, classical

don't care much about: progressive, avantgarde

I don't think I hate anything, Sigh is probably the only avantgarde metal band I like to listen to. I also like some of Pink Floyd's works. Overall, it's not the genre's fault if music is good or bad.

Redeemer
05-14-2011, 07:41 AM
it's honestly hard to call Sabbath metal by modern standards, hard rock at best.

Black Sabbath??? They are definately Metal. They help promote and establish the metal genre. You may not consider them metal compared to new rock bands, but they did help found and promote metal in its infancy.

As for my personal Preference I love Hard Rock and Country.
I know they are complete opposites, but Hard Rock feeds on my emotions and Country helps sooth my soul. Maybe Im jst bi polar :ohwell:

As for hated definately Rap, now this is not all rap, but most modern rap talks about violence, rape, drugs, and murder. I do admit there are some good rap music that doesnt scream crap such as this. I just hate rap bc a lot of it encourages negative actions and behavior in life. and it jst sounds like crap...

ghitgo
06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Favorite: Punk,Crust, D-beat etc.

Hated: Alt-country, pop-country stuff. Mainly newer country acts are poison to my ears. I just don't get it.