PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Pursuit

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 04:31 AM
I will ask 10 questions Ninja Turtle based questions and in 7 days from now (April 9) I will reveal the answers that were not answered during the 7 day period. Some questions maybe easy, some maybe hard for some of you. Let's play:

1. Which Ninja Turtle character died during any of the comic book series?

2. What is the name of the 1987 episode where Shredder, and Krang did not make their first non appearance?

3. The Technodrome magically turned into something using magic. What?

4. What animation bloopers happened in the episode "Attack Of The 50-Foot Irma" on top the Channel 6 building? HINT: More than one.

5A. What is the name of the energy source for the Underground City?

5B. What is the ORIGINAL energy source for the Underground City?

6. What happened to both Bebop and Rocksteady to end their appearances in 1987 series?

7. What Japan Anime AND character did voice actor Cam Clarke do while voicing Leonardo during the period of season 2 for the 1987 TMNT?

8. What city did Mr. Ogg sarcastically answer when Shredder asked "that is Dimension Z?"

9. What movie allusion is featured in the 1987 episode "Leonardo, the Renaissance Turtle?" HINT: Think of matress labels.

10. Which comic book issue was the only to have a FREE COMIC DAY release?

Jester
04-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Are some of these supposed to have multiple answers?

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Are some of these supposed to have multiple answers?

Just question #4. I thought it was just one at first, but I remembered another all in the same scene.

Jester
04-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Then do you mean which Turtle died in the comics? Because Shredder dies in Vol. 1 (issue 1) and Splinter dies in Vol. 4 (issue 10)...and there are bound to be other more minor characters like Man-Ray's fish friend, Bubbla the Glublub in TMNT Adventures #16.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Then do you mean which Turtle died in the comics? Because Shredder dies in Vol. 1 (issue 1) and Splinter dies in Vol. 4 (issue 10)...and there are bound to be other more minor characters like Man-Ray's fish friend, Bubbla the Glublub in TMNT Adventures #16.

This is for you and all who view this topic to figure out. I will give you a hint though: this character to die in the comic book series IS a turtle character. Really think about this one, because I was able to come up with this one through a confusing technicality.

Answer what you DO know. If you don't know then research it. That's how you learn. And I don't believe in True/False of multiple choice answers, because if you know the answer, you don't need to guess from the possible answers provided.

For the exception of saying CORRECT or INCORRECT to a specific question this is my last time I'm going to post anything until the 7th day (April 9 4:30 AM Chicago time).

Good luck.

Jester
04-03-2011, 05:15 AM
I think Donatello's the only Turtle who dies, in volume 3.

2. What is the name of the 1987 episode where Shredder, and Krang did not make their first non appearance?
Re-reading this question I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean "Which episode was the first to not feature Shredder and Krang?" If so then it's Enter The Rat King

I don't remember, but I'm assuming Ogg did it.

4. What animation bloopers happened in the episode "Attack Of The 50-Foot Irma" on top the Channel 6 building? HINT: More than one.
According to my reference guide:
When the Turtles talk to Irma from the roof, Michaelangelo’s nunchuck handles are grey and the chains are brown.
When Irma says, “Big mouth,” her big mouth doesn’t move.
In one scene on the roof, Raphael and Leonardo’s gear is switched.
When April comes to the roof to warn the Turtles and Irma, Raphael’s belt is on backwards.

The Crystal Moon

The Crystal Sun

6. What happened to both Bebop and Rocksteady to end their appearances in 1987 series?
They, as well as the entire Technodrome, is eaten by a giant alien.

7. What Japan Anime AND character did voice actor Cam Clarke do while voicing Leonardo during the period of season 2 for the 1987 TMNT?
According to IMDB:
Akira, Kaneda (voice: English version) (as Jimmy Flinders)
Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis, Narutaki (Streamline 1993) (voice: English version)

8. What city did Mr. Ogg sarcastically answer when Shredder asked "that is Dimension Z?"
I'll get back with you on that...:P Hoboken?

9. What movie allusion is featured in the 1987 episode "Leonardo, the Renaissance Turtle?" HINT: Think of matress labels.
I'll get back to that too.

TMNT vol 1 issue 1.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 05:23 AM

I think Donatello's the only Turtle who dies, in volume 3.

Re-reading this question I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean "Which episode was the first to not feature Shredder and Krang?" If so then it's Enter The Rat King

I don't remember, but I'm assuming Ogg did it.

According to my reference guide:
When the Turtles talk to Irma from the roof, Michaelangelo’s nunchuck handles are grey and the chains are brown.
When Irma says, “Big mouth,” her big mouth doesn’t move.
In one scene on the roof, Raphael and Leonardo’s gear is switched.
When April comes to the roof to warn the Turtles and Irma, Raphael’s belt is on backwards.

10. Which comic book issue was the only to have a FREE COMIC DAY release?[/QUOTE]

1 CORRECT - Donatello DID die in Image series Issue #3 seen dead on the last page.

2. CORRECT - Orginally I was going to say "Turtle Tracks" for Krang, but he had not already first appeared then.

3. YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK

4. CORRECT

5A. - 10 - KEEP GOING.

Jester
04-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I made a boo-boo and posted before I was ready....more answers in the old post.
And you're right...Krang first appears in Enter: The Shredder. You never see him in Turtle Tracks. It was David Wise's plan...peel away the onion, right Winters?

EDIT: But then again, like you said he hadn't appeared yet....so...*shrugs*

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 05:38 AM
I made a boo-boo and posted before I was ready....more answers in the old post.
And you're right...Krang first appears in Enter: The Shredder. You never see him in Turtle Tracks. It was David Wise's plan...peel away the onion, right Winters?

Boo-boo or not you have 3 out of 10 or 11 if you count both question 5's. Well I need to head to bed. I'm real tired. Keep thinking, and same to anyone else who wants to join in on the first Ninja Turtle Trivia Pursuit game. Questions 1, 2, 4 have been answered correctly.

Jester
04-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Boo-boo or not you have 3 out of 10 or 11 if you count both question 5's. Well I need to head to bed. I'm real tired. Keep thinking, and same to anyone else who wants to join in on the first Ninja Turtle Trivia Pursuit game. Questions 1, 2, 4 have been answered correctly.
So the answers are wrong?
Here are the other answers:
A Pumpkin

The Crystal Moon

The Crystal Sun

According to IMDB:
Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis, Narutaki (Streamline 1993) (voice: English version)

Minneapolis

9. What movie allusion is featured in the 1987 episode "Leonardo, the Renaissance Turtle?" HINT: Think of mattress labels.
Fletch? The "Do Not Remove Tag" bit is as old as my octogenarian grandmother.

TMNT vol 1 issue 1.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
So the answers are wrong?
Here are the other answers:
A Pumpkin

The Crystal Moon

The Crystal Sun

According to IMDB:

Minneapolis

9. What movie allusion is featured in the 1987 episode "Leonardo, the Renaissance Turtle?" HINT: Think of mattress labels.
Fletch? The "Do Not Remove Tag" bit is as old as my octogenarian grandmother.

TMNT vol 1 issue 1.

3. CORRECT
5A. CORRECT
5B. CORRECT
6. INCORRECT
7. CORRECT
8. CORRECT
9. INCORRECT
10. CORRECT

You need to get questions 6, and 9 corrected.

Jester
04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
9. Then is it Robo-cop?

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 05:30 PM
9. Then is it Robo-cop?

9. INCORRECT - Think of something more PG rated in 1985. Again think of matress labels and remember what LEX busted the mayor's mother for. Find a connection.

Jester
04-03-2011, 06:14 PM
9. INCORRECT - Think of something more PG rated in 1985. Again think of matress labels and remember what LEX busted the mayor's mother for. Find a connection.
Pee-wee's Big Adventure?

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Peew-wee's Big Adventure?

9. CORRECT. That's what I was looking for. Both the mayor's mother and the escape convict were both convicted of removing the "DO NOT REMOVE" labels on matresses.

Someone still needs to answer #6.

Jester
04-03-2011, 06:29 PM
#6: To quote ninjaturtles.com: "The Turtles... destroy the Technodrome's engines, and return to Earth via the Dimensional Portal, trapping Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in Dimension X for good."
So technically...we don't know...

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 06:36 PM
#6: To quote ninjaturtles.com: "The Turtles... destroy the Technodrome's engines, and return to Earth via the Dimensional Portal, trapping Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady in Dimension X for good."
So technically...we don't know...

6 CORRECT - It IS unknown. Earlier you mentioned the monster in the hole that brought it down, but if that was the final fate then how do you explain that Shredder and Krang both reappeared and the Technodrome itself, but Bebop and Rocksteady didn't? That is why the correct answer is "unknown."

Alright. All 10 questions correctly answered. Well I like to out bike riding for a while. It's our first 74 degree day in Chicago this year and we're being threatened with severe thunderstorms after dark and I don't want to be cooped up in this 80-degree room. So I want to go out enjoy the warm weather before it turns stormy. I'll come up with more questions for ROUND - 2.

Jester
04-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I could take a stab at it:
VOICE ACTOR ROUND:
Jim Cummings was the voice of Leatherhead in the Fred Wolf series in all but one episode:
A. What episode was it?
B. Who replaced him for that episode?
One of my favorite episodes is Cowabunga, Shredhead the only downside is that Krang isn't voiced by Pat Fraley. Who replaces him in this episode?
Tony Jay is best known for playing Lord Dregg in the 9th and 10th seasons of the show. What character did he play in season 8? (And no, it's not a Darkwing Duck villian. ;))
Name 2 characters other than Michelangeo voiced by Townsend Coleman.
Do the same for Rob Paulsen. (No Raphael!)
How about Marc Thompson from the 4kids Series? (No Casey Jones!)
What does 4kids' Leonardo voice actor Michael Sinterniklaas' last name mean?
What is voice actor Vinnie Penna's screen name? Hint: Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot.
Voice actor James Avery is better known as what character from what 90's sitcom?
Robbie Rist, voice of Michelangelo in the 3 Turtle movies, appeared in what episode of the Fred Wolf animated series?

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
I just got on, but I will get back to you. Some severe weather is just starting to move into the Chicago area, and I want to enjoy it, plus I don't want to be caught with my computer on in cse if I lose power.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I could take a stab at it:
VOICE ACTOR ROUND:
Jim Cummings was the voice of Leatherhead in the Fred Wolf series in all but one episode:
A. What episode was it?
B. Who replaced him for that episode?
One of my favorite episodes is Cowabunga, Shredhead the only downside is that Krang isn't voiced by Pat Fraley. Who replaces him in this episode?
Tony Jay is best known for playing Lord Dregg in the 9th and 10th seasons of the show. What character did he play in season 8? (And no, it's not a Darkwing Duck villian. ;))
Name 2 characters other than Michelangeo voiced by Townsend Coleman.
Do the same for Rob Paulsen. (No Raphael!)
How about Marc Thompson from the 4kids Series? (No Casey Jones!)
What does 4kids' Leonardo voice actor Michael Sinterniklaas' last name mean?
What is voice actor Vinnie Penna's screen name? Hint: Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot.
Voice actor James Avery is better known as what character from what 90's sitcom?
Robbie Rist, voice of Michelangelo in the 3 Turtle movies, appeared in what episode of the Fred Wolf animated series?

1A. Night of the Rogues
1B. Replaced with Peter Reneday
2. Townsend Coleman along with 2 other episodes "Green With Jealousy" and "Blast From The Past"
3. Mega Volt (Alex Winter) - I love the sound of the name Mega Volt
4. Leatherhead, and Rat King
5. Hi-Tech
6. Serling
7. This is not a fair question. How am I suppose to know the meaning of "Sinterniklaas"
8. Wayne Grayson - Turtles Forever
9. LA Law - Judge Michael Conover
10. No appearance

Seriously, who follows voice actors?

Jester
04-03-2011, 11:30 PM
1A. Night of the Rogues
1B. Replaced with Peter Reneday
2. Townsend Coleman along with 2 other episodes "Green With Jealousy" and "Blast From The Past"
3. Mega Volt (Alex Winter) - I love the sound of the name Mega Volt
4. Leatherhead, and Rat King
5. Hi-Tech
6. Serling
7. This is not a fair question. How am I suppose to know the meaning of "Sinterniklaas"
8. Wayne Grayson - Turtles Forever
9. LA Law - Judge Michael Conover
10. No apparance

Seriously, who follows voice actors?
I do. 4-6 are half right. 7's on the forum...if you look for it. (Also...say it very slowly...) 9's also mentioned elsewhere on the forum...is LA Law a sitcom? No, he appears. He's Carter's rival in an epiosde in season 9, but what episode?

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't know. I don't follow voice actors; most people don't. As far as question 10 goes, I looked up Rist in IMDb and TV.com and nothing on his 1987 appearance.

Jester
04-04-2011, 12:10 AM
I don't know. I don't follow voice actors; most people don't. As far as question 10 goes, I looked up Rist in IMDb and TV.com and nothing on his 1987 appearance.
Another good resourse for VA's is www.voicechasers.com. Sadly the Rist credit isn't there either...

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Another good resourse for VA's is www.voicechasers.com. Sadly the Rist credit isn't there either...

Besides these are the kind of voice actors I don't follow by name and career. I only just hear the lines. As far as Rist, if he's not on 3 sources, I will never know until you tell me.

And the only voice actor I know well is my uncle on my mother's side. He does voice acting and movie appearances, but he's not famous.

Oh let me take one final guess with the Townsend guy. Is it Usagi Yojimbo I remember Townsend autographing picture cells and Usagi had a signature on some of the ones I downloaded.

Jester
04-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Oh let me take one final guess with the Townsend guy. Is it Usagi Yojimbo I remember Townsend autographing picture cells and Usagi had a signature on some of the ones I downloaded.
Yes, Townsend was Usagi.

Robbie Rist played JET McCABE (as well as the alien warden KARG) in episode 5 of the 9th season The Showdown.

Rob Paulsen was: Zack the 5th Turtle, Hi-Tech (like you said), Mr. Ogg (who I loath), and Wingnut as well as several other minor characters. He was Dr. Sopho in 2 episodes.

Marc Thompson was: The Daimyo, Drako, Serling, and Uncle Augie.

Sinterniklaas means Saint Nicolas.

James Avery was Uncle Phil in Fresh Prince...:P

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Mr. Ogg (who I loath)

He little bit reminds me of PeeWee Herman, especially the "HAAA!!!"

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Try this one and I can only think of one right now.

How many US states does the 1987 series take place in?

Jester
04-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Try this one and I can only think of one right now.

How many US states does the 1987 series take place in?
New York and Florida are the only 2 I can think of.

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-04-2011, 01:51 AM
New York and Florida are the only 2 I can think of.

Oops! I forgot about Florida. I meant 3 states.

Jester
04-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Oops! I forgot about Florida. I meant 3 states.
I can't think of the 3rd...

Ninja Turtles 25 Years
04-04-2011, 03:29 AM
South Dakota. In the episode "The Big Blow Out" the Turtles and the Technodrome went by Mount Rushmore, which is a national monument in the Black Hills of South Dakota.