PDA

View Full Version : Young Justice or Avengers?

Cure
04-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Since both shows have been on for a bit now, I was wondering what you all thought of them.

I like and watch both of them but I feel like YJ is the better show. I dunno, I think it just has better writing and action overall.

Jester
04-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Where can you catch the new Avengers series? I've seen the first 2 episodes of Young Justice on Youtube...guess I could check there.

Raph's Girl
04-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Where can you catch the new Avengers series? I've seen the first 2 episodes of Young Justice on Youtube...guess I could check there.

Well you can watch the micro eps of Avengers on the official site but yeah YouTube would be your best bet. Please be aware tho that Australia is currently finishing up the season so eps 20 - 24 are currently available on YouTube for sure but they won't air in the states till May. The final 2 eps air monday and tuesday (or rather Sunday and Monday in the U.S.)

As for how I feel about em? I love them both!!

oldmanwinters
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
How about "young" Avengers?
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww206/nevermore-13/NextAvengersUP.jpg
Eh? Eh?

I've never been able to see an episode of the new Avengers cartoon, since I guess it's on one of those 5 cable channels nobody gets, but I really like Young Justice. I still think Teen Titans was awesome though.:tcool:

Raph's Girl
04-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I've never been able to see an episode of the new Avengers cartoon, since I guess it's on one of those 5 cable channels nobody gets, but I really like Young Justice. I still think Teen Titans was awesome though.:tcool:

Avenger's Earth's Mightiest airs on Disney XD (formerly Toon Disney)

Redeemer
04-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Avenger's Earth's Mightiest airs on Disney XD (formerly Toon Disney)

Thats why most people don't get to c it.
I didn't even know of the show. Jst watch the first EP. I think it has potential, but I dont like the animation style or the characters.
The opening song is Awesome though

ToTheNines
04-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I love Young Justice, but I effin HATE Superboy in it. Also, I'm really trying to like Miss Martian, and it's hard.

Other than those two, I love Aqua-lad, Kid Flash and Artemis. Plus Bruce Greenwood is my new favorite Batman.

Cure
04-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I just don't like Robin's stupid wordplay.

Ninjinister
04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Might have more of an opinion if either of them would show a frickin' new episode finally. Seriously, did they both go on hiatus/season finale this early? It don't feel that I got enough of a feel of either show to be able to compare the two.

ToTheNines
04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
I just don't like Robin's stupid wordplay.

It's pretty bad. I'm pretty sure they've had that crap in every single episode he's been in... time to cut that back.

Brodie
04-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Young Justice. I might be biased though. Young Justice, the comic book series, was what lured me back into comics when I was in Middle School.

I loved the OG team, of Impulse, Superboy and Tim Drake Robin.

The series has its faults, but its great. It looks phenomenal. All around.

the Martian bitch has got to go though.

Also, Avengers is great, for what it is. I like it. I'll keep both.

Raph's Girl
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Might have more of an opinion if either of them would show a frickin' new episode finally. Seriously, did they both go on hiatus/season finale this early? It don't feel that I got enough of a feel of either show to be able to compare the two.

Avengers returns to the U.S in May to coincide with Thor. However the final couple eps are airing in Australia. You can currently see eps 20 - 24 on YouTube and ep 25 should be up in a couple hours with the season finale out tomarrow. Gotta love Australia airing episodes daily. :P

No clue why Young Justice is on hold. Probably cuz of the Green Lantern movie or something. Im waiting for Australia to air them as well *lol*

ToTheNines
04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
No clue why Young Justice is on hold. Probably cuz of the Green Lantern movie or something.

They're waiting for more episodes to be completed before airing a new batch. I haven't looked it up in a little while, but I think they've only got like 2 or 3 ready to go at this point so they're probably just gonna wait until Brave and the Bold finishes up with it's current stretch.

Sergio517
04-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Both of these shows are similar in action. Both host a large cast of characters and that alone forces the writers to write stories on an epic scale because they have to give face time for most of the characters. Threats are larger than if dealing with one hero.

Anyway, visually, I prefer Young Justice. The art design looks smoother on it's character's edges over Avengers, which I believe have pointier looks, but not as much as compared to The Batman. The HD era really brings out better vibrant and dark visuals and what they have going suits each show. I'm not too fussed over it. I like when Marvel/DC characters are drawn closer to the western style from the comics. Not really a fan most of the time when they radically change their appearance.

Story-wise, from what I've seen thus far (a couple of episodes each, sadly), the stories seem ok, with Young Justice being favored more. I want Superboy to have better character development because from what I've seen, he's just quiet and awkward. Understandable considering he's a clone and needs to adapt, but hurry up!

Action-wise, both shows seem on par with what they allow these days.

My overall favorite as of now is Young Justice. I'll wait until the series starts being released on Blu ray so I can watch them in order.

Raph's Girl
04-10-2011, 08:11 PM
They're waiting for more episodes to be completed before airing a new batch. I haven't looked it up in a little while, but I think they've only got like 2 or 3 ready to go at this point so they're probably just gonna wait until Brave and the Bold finishes up with it's current stretch.

No. They moved Brave and the Bold to the 6:30 timeslot so it could be back to back with Young Justice at 7pm.

ToTheNines
04-10-2011, 08:55 PM
No. They moved Brave and the Bold to the 6:30 timeslot so it could be back to back with Young Justice at 7pm.

I'm pretty sure that the two shows have never aired new episodes on the same Friday night...

Redeemer
04-18-2011, 05:03 PM
I jst wish they would show a new freakn episode.....:x

Candy Kappa
04-18-2011, 05:30 PM
not seen Young Justice and I have only seen what Marvel had on their youtube page of Avengers.

I love the Hulk vs. Absorbing Man mini episode.

Raph's Girl
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I jst wish they would show a new freakn episode.....:x

Unfortunatly I've found out that the next new ep of Young Justice isn't till fraking June.... :ohwell:

ToTheNines
04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Well Young Justice has an in-continuity tie in comic book in case you guys didn't know. It's sharing an issue with Brave and the Bold for free comic book day, you guys should check it out.

If you like it, the series is only like 4 issues in, so it's not too late to catch up.

Jester
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Wait....2 series with Batman running at the same time...won't fans get confused? :roll: Sorry...Bat-Embargo flash back. :D

sdp
04-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Avengers has been a great show, but Young Justice is just superior in every single way. A shame that Avengers got overshadowed so quickly but oh well, I don't mind I still have two awesome shows to watch even if one is superior to the other both are definitely worth your time.

Redeemer
10-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Well new eps of young justice have been on and this show jst keeps getting more and more epic....to say the least....:o

Brodie
10-02-2011, 12:26 AM
I caught two eps last night, and I didn't think too much of them. Not bad, but not epic. Though I dig Red Arrow, I miss Kid Flash and Robin.

The prison ep was alright.

Redeemer
10-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I caught two eps last night, and I didn't think too much of them. Not bad, but not epic. Though I dig Red Arrow, I miss Kid Flash and Robin.

The prison ep was alright.

Kid Flash and Robin r both in the series or did u mean something else??

Raven
10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I haven't caught the avengers show at all, but I have been watching Young Justice. Its been really enthralling, I love the mystery they have set up through the whole series, but it doesn't consume the whole show (yet anyways). So Far my favorite episode has been the one with Bane.

ToTheNines
10-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Kid Flash and Robin r both in the series or did u mean something else??

They haven't been in a good bit of the past few episodes. Kind of annoys me too since I don't like Miss Martian and I HATE Superboy. I love love love this new Aqualad though.

Redeemer
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
They haven't been in a good bit of the past few episodes. Kind of annoys me too since I don't like Miss Martian and I HATE Superboy. I love love love this new Aqualad though.

Aqualad= Beast

Kid flash and Robin were in fridays ep. Really good ep to.

My favorite ep so far is probably episode 6 "Infiltrator"
Bc Artemis of Artimes' comment towards superboy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: omg funniest thing ever this truely made me laugh out loud