PDA

View Full Version : How come we never got a game based off the old movies?

Xav
04-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I mean most major films got video game adaptions. Yeah we got Tokka, Rahzar, Super Shredder, and Tatsu in games, but never games based on the films themselfs.

oldmanwinters
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Just be glad we never got a Mario Bros. game based off the movie either.:lol:

Jester
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
I think it's because the TMNT video games attempted to span the universes with characters from many different elements of the "Multi-verse." Wasn't Tatsu in Hyperstone Heist? And Tokka and Rahzar are in Turtles in Time. And a decidedly Archie Slash is also in TinT.

rufus
04-18-2011, 09:15 PM
A game based of the live action films sounds interesting, but could it work. They would have to add a bunch of stuff to make them interesting, if not it would be a short game.

oldmanwinters
04-18-2011, 09:20 PM
A game based of the live action films sounds interesting, but could it work. They would have to add a bunch of stuff to make them interesting, if not it would be a short game.

True.

Speaking of which, I wonder how bwwd's project (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33011) is coming along.

Redeemer
04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
True.

Speaking of which, I wonder how bwwd's project (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33011) is coming along.

Yeah I was jst thinking of that myself.

Candy Kappa
04-19-2011, 04:41 AM
I think it's a good thing, we could just easily have gotten a "E.T." game which many movie liscenced games suffers of

ToTheNines
04-19-2011, 05:47 AM
I always drew parallels between the games and movies.

- TMNT II on the NES opens with April's building on fire, like what happens in the first movie.

- The Manhattan Project on the NES showcases Tokka, Rahzar and Super Shredder like in Secret of the Ooze.

- Turtles in Time deals with time travel, much like the 3rd movie.

Powder
04-19-2011, 05:49 AM
I think it's because the TMNT video games attempted to span the universes with characters from many different elements of the "Multi-verse." Wasn't Tatsu in Hyperstone Heist? And Tokka and Rahzar are in Turtles in Time. And a decidedly Archie Slash is also in TinT.

I always drew parallels between the games and movies.

- TMNT II on the NES opens with April's building on fire, like what happens in the first movie.

- The Manhattan Project on the NES showcases Tokka, Rahzar and Super Shredder like in Secret of the Ooze.

- Turtles in Time deals with time travel, much like the 3rd movie.

That's basically it.
Is it a shame? Maybe only for the fact that Henson's turtles woulda looked neat in 16 bit... but we made out pretty damn good as it was.

rufus
04-19-2011, 07:11 AM
A 3rd person type turtles game would be pretty cool with fights based off the apartment,sewer and rooftop fight from the first flick.

@Powder. Love the henson turtle art in your sig.

Powder
04-19-2011, 07:28 AM
@Powder. Love the henson turtle art in your sig.

Thanks man, I drew it. :)

deadpoolRKO
04-19-2011, 08:05 AM
^^ def. awesome sig.

& it'd be cool to see a more realistic style , bloody TMNT game. Like assasin's creed style and be able to free roam around NY.

Jester
04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
That's basically it.
Is it a shame? Maybe only for the fact that Henson's turtles woulda looked neat in 16 bit... but we made out pretty damn good as it was.
We did...kinda...get Henson-esque sprites in Tournament Fighters for the SNES...maybe.

DonatelloDomeHead31
04-20-2011, 11:24 PM
For Tournament Fighters for the SNES, I think it would have been challenging to face either Tokka & Rahzar instead of either Wingnut or Rat King (for example).

Then again, Tatsu should have been a playable character in the Tournament Fighters too.

That's my opinion though.

down_grunger
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
never thought about that 2bh, there must have been a reason, some jim henson ownership rights or something. although im pretty sure the muppets in space movie had a racing game on the psx.

Logan
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
If they were to do a game adaptation, they'd likely have to go the route of most movie-to-game adaptations. That is, make some radical additions to allow for more varied gameplay.

For example: In the first film, the Turtles fight three types of enemy; muggers, Foot Ninjas, and The Shredder. That doesn't allow for much variety.

The second film? A little better. You have burglars, Foot Ninjas, Tokka, and Rahzar. Obviously for the game, a fight would likely be added to include The Shredder and Super Shredder.

Third film. You have villagers, soldiers, British sailors/traders, and Lord Norinaga. If you wanted to be lame, you'd throw in a fight with Walker, which would likely be as ridiculous as it sounds.

It's possible that you could vary up the standard Foot Ninjas like they have in the other games based around the OT, but what would be the point of doing that outside of adding more varied gameplay? I would think the goal would be for a game of the movie to distinguish itself from the OT-based games.