PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black/White Cards/Toys

Powder
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Anyone gonna be collecting these? They're out today. I'm about to head to Toys R Us & pick up a few packs.
I haven't collected the cards since like '99 or something. Gonna be neato.

http://i56.tinypic.com/9igubb.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/iylmwi.jpg

Samhain
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I got a booster box of this set already. Pretty good set but Im honestly trying to catch up with like the last 3 series of cards that came out previously. Man, to be a completist.

Seriously though, your gonna have fun. I remember back when I hadn't opened up a pack of Pokemon cards in years then, Bam! It was like going back in time. Getting a few crappy packs then getting a holo. It was great. But nowadays like every pack comes with a ''shiny'' card. I guess for the kids so they wont throw a fit.

Powder
04-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I snagged two packs at walmart since everything Pokemon at Toys R Us was raped...

Got Zekrom!!!

& Some favorites like Snivy, & Panpour. Gonna get a tin or something tomorrow.

Samhain
04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Sweet pulls dude! Be carefull, it will get addicting. Since December, I have blown like $300 on Pokemon cards. It's like crack in a pack.:lol:

Powder
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh I know, I'll definitely be getting addicted. I'll be getting some of the figures too, despite the fact that Jakks isn't doing so great with the sculpts. I know at least that the starters will be sittin' on my shelf in due time, and I'd love to get the elemental monkeys too. Seen the deluxe Zekrom & Reshiram figures? They're like 6 inches tall in window boxes. Pretty rad. The only issue with these new toys seems to be they don't have very good paint quality control. Gonna be one of those series you sift through on shelves lookin' for ones without mistakes.

Eiko
04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
My kids would love these cards they have gotten into Pokemon after i gave them the cards. Think it was like 100 of them all for $1 from lifeline.

sdp
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Who was doing Pokemon before jakks? I really liked their in-scale line of figures even if some of them had stupid gimmicks. The only two toys I give props to Jakks is the Meowth balloon and Magikarp Submarine which were actually in scale with the Team Rocket figures that was done by the previous company which I already mentioned I forgot who they were. I actually had a huge collection of Pokemon memorabilia but had to sell 95% of it when I moved sadly, I'll take a picture if you guys are interested in seeing what I have, not a lot but decent amount.

As far as BW cards, I went to a pre-release this past Sunday and out of 8 boosters I pulled both Zekrom/Reshiram the full art versions. Buying individual booster can get expensive, if you plan on buying more than just a few packs its much cheaper to just buy a box you can get one for around $90 with 36 boosters.

I'm actually the resident dork when it comes to Pokemon TCG here, I've been playing/collecting the game since 1999 and judge and staffed events for The Pokemon Company. Have you guys gone to Pokemontcg.com? They have a Beta for the TCG that you can play, pretty fun stuff, can't wait for the full game to come out in the fall.

PizzaPower
06-11-2011, 07:33 AM
i really really miss the days of going to books a million for the pokemon league playing cards and trading on the game boy color. those where the days, its just not the same, but i still enjoy playing these on the ds and pokemon black/white is amazing so far.

Powder
06-11-2011, 07:51 AM
When I read the first half of your post I expected the rest to be the typical follow up of "the new pokemon suck they're so stupid" etc etc but it's nice to see that you're actually still a fan of the new material. So many people just spew nonsense with their nostalgia goggles on too tight & don't give the new stuff any chance. Black & White definitely is amazing.

Ninjinister
06-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I got somma them there cards. Some of the card packs come with lil' toys too. I lost the clear plastic thingy that connects Victini to its stand though :(